Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yep, thats why draft formats are the best. I hope blizzard cleans up the arena and makes it less random by giving everyone the same number of epic/legendary cards. If they did that it'd raise the skill ceiling a lot. And if you front loaded the legendary pick, it'd be more interesting too, since you could build your deck around it, instead of grabbing which cards happen to fit well with the pile of commons you got dealt early on.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
actually I just remember going 8 wins is actually better than 9, unless they changed it. more gold.

J1M

Arcane
9 wins result in a guaranteed second pack of cards or golden rare card. If you like golden cards, that extra win might save you 400 dust. I prefer the extra pack of cards.

Damned Registrations

So I finally got my first legendary after 135 arena wins. King Krush. Not ideal, but at least he's playable.

Cromwell

Arcane
Blizzard sent me a betakey, which I don't need anymore. If somebody still didn't get one just scream.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Classes worth investing in(time, dust and even hard currency) are :

• Mage(Kirin Tor Mage into any secret into Ethereal Arcanist, not to mention the countless removal spells)
  • Hunter(I suggest using Unleash The Hounds, even bots could reach three stars using this)
  • Priest(Mind Control being the least of your opponent's worries)

Rest of the classes can be strong under certain circumstances but in my opinion could in no way compete against the aforementioned. If blizzard nerfs them or even better buffs some of the other classes, the game could have more diversity. Otherwise it seems to me we will start to face even more priests/mages/hunters even in constructed.

DakaSha

Arcane
Unleash the hounds has already been slated for rework/removal
And rightfully so.

Mind control is being changed to 10 mana although I'm not quite sure how that is actually going to help anything. Seems like it just forces an impatient priest to use it on an even bigger minion.

I hate playing against mages but i dont often lose vs them (but i havent been playing ranked)

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I can't connect to the servers beyond the Asia one (sometimes) also even then the game locks up at the first screen... :(

Damned Registrations

At 10 mana there'll at least be a few turns where you can play a 6-8 mana creature without getting totally fucked. I still think priests get way too much removal though.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Hounds rework is a pleasant thing to know but still. Hunter has that weapon that adds duration after a secret is revealed, so he includes as many secrets as he can and has a weapon that can outlast even gorehowl.

DakaSha

Arcane
Often time i find myself fighting against a hunter that has 3 secrets up and no card sin his hand though. as long as you know what his secrets do it is often not a problem. I really dont consider hunter that bad except for the hounds card which is complete and utter bullshit

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just got in beta yesterday and found a Gold Alexstrasza in my second pack of cards. Do you think I should keep it or turn it to dust?

Fart Master

Savant
turn 1 manawyrm into turn 2 coin + hungering ghoul. I love getting skilled out of arena.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Just got in beta yesterday and found a Gold Alexstrasza in my second pack of cards. Do you think I should keep it or turn it to dust?
gold legendary. how much dust is that?

DakaSha

Arcane
Its a great card... Whats the point of dusting a good card. The whole point of dust is to craft good cards.
Unless you want to play a specific class that needs a special legendary, i dont see the point to be honest

Zeriel

Arcane
That single card which will not be all that pivotal can be dusted into the equivelant of 16 rares. Legendaries can be useful, but they're highly overrated. No legendary is worth 4 good rares, let alone 16.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom