Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

DakaSha

Arcane
Not going to dispute that logic but rares are easy to come by. VERY easy. Legendaries arent overrated. They just arent strong in themselves (except for a few)They are build/deck enablers. If he thinks about some deck he wants in the future (especially after more cards have been released) hes going to suck his own dick for dusting it.

I got taken from 30 to 0 just yesterday by that very legendary he has with a deck perfect for executing it (obviously you need the 100 dust, 1+ per pack, rares for it though)

Ultimately dusting or keeping are both ok. I personally wouldnt dust it unless its for another legendaery

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm gonna keep it for now. Once I get better at the game I might end up dusting it to complete a deck build. This reminds me of the time I got a Royal Assassin in my first pack of Magic Cards. Thanks for the input guys.

:bro:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'd dust it myself, but I know for sure of several legendaries and epics I'd much rather have. If you're not sure what you want you might as well keep it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That single card which will not be all that pivotal can be dusted into the equivelant of 16 rares. Legendaries can be useful, but they're highly overrated. No legendary is worth 4 good rares, let alone 16.
Exactly this.

If you like the card you should keep it though. If I had a favorite legendary (I don't), I'd love to have a gold version of it. Play with it and if it doesn't win you games (and if you play to win), dust it and get rares and epics that will.

I got to 8 wins and retired there twice today. Feels good man. This is partially because it's weekend and shit is so much easier during weekends and partially because I learnt to have enough 2-drops. 2-drops wins games niggas. I'm aiming for 7-8 2 drops now I think, with at least 6 3-drops to support them. Mainly however I just need to not pick so many expensive creatures, I'd think... 6 6+ mana cost cards is more than enough? I'll see how this strategy works out over the next few matches.

Edit: Yo Zed how does one draft a rogue? I've always sucked with rogue but the alternative is druid and hunter

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I got to 8 wins and retired there twice today. Feels good man. This is partially because it's weekend and shit is so much easier during weekends and partially because I learnt to have enough 2-drops. 2-drops wins games niggas. I'm aiming for 7-8 2 drops now I think, with at least 6 3-drops to support them. Mainly however I just need to not pick so many expensive creatures, I'd think... 6 6+ mana cost cards is more than enough? I'll see how this strategy works out over the next few matches.

Edit: Yo Zed how does one draft a rogue? I've always sucked with rogue but the alternative is druid and hunter
For rogue, keep taking those 2-mana cards. Eviscerate is great. I like rogue's minion buffs too (actually cold blood is the only one I can think of). Perdition's blade is one of my favorite weapons, but rogue shouldn't have more than 1-2 weapons IMO (with perdition being one). The pirate that buffs itself with your weapon damage is one of the best cards for rogue. SI:7 agent and Defias bros are two awesome cards as well.

I used to play a hilarious stealth/combo/sap troll-deck but as people have gotten better, it's not very good any more.

I actually believe in a spell/combo deck for rogue, but that's impossible to draft for arena. Kobolds + Drakes with Fan of Knives.

For arena, pick sprint if you get it. Rogue, especially with combo cards, often get fucked by getting into a top-decking situation.
Avoid sinister strike and headcrack.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Give it to me. I promise I'll use this one instead of selling it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Since I got some nice cards for it, including Tirion Fordring, Paladin might become my favourite class over mage. I only picked it and remade my deck for the daily quest and ended up winning 5 times in a row, which never happened before. I got some fun times leaving my opponent with an army of high hp but 1 attack minions, and the harvest golem with redemption never failed to amuse. As it is I might need to refine my deck and strategy (it was only a 2 mins job for the daily) but I might have a new regular hero.

Oh and Blessing of Wisdom on an enemy minion is such a dirty trick. I'd imagine many would at least trade it and grudgingly give me a card in the process but no, most people seem content to let the minion stand on the side and never attack with it. Works for me!

Disgruntled

Savant
Finally got my key. Proceeded to get my ass handed to me in 4/5 player games. Feels like every beginner is a tcg veteran.

Is it fine sticking to one class or should I grind up every hero before specializing?

Disgruntled

Savant
Thats true. I usually end up learning that through the opponents. Im hesitant to spend time on every hero unless it gives some significant card acquisition advantage.

DakaSha

Arcane
Well quests will require you to use other classes and you want the level 10 cards to do that.

Apart from that, it really helps to play other classes to feel how they work. getting owned is one thing, but seeing how difficult/easy it was to do it is another.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That Ninja guy in the finals is awesome.

....and he's gone.

Last edited:
This is my current run:

pl4NGj1.png

FBxNgiX.png

Lessons&comments:
- Play during weekend
- Fan of knives really haven't done much of anything, needs spellpower to work I suppose.
- questing adventurer is kinda shit even in rogue deck
- I have a lack of 3 drops I know; this is more because I didn't get enough during the draft than any conscious decision
- Deadly poison is really good
- Same with vengeful smith
- Bloodsail raider ditto
- Cult master is awesome when you got nice and juicy 3/2s on the board
- Knife juggler is usually nothing more than a 3/2. Which is good of course but I think he's a tad overrated.

Edit: And as it turns out I will retire this deck at 8-1 for maximum gold.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yeah like I said in an earlier post in this thread, spiteful is very good for rogue.

how did the run end? it looks like a nice deck you drafted. I've never had deathwing :(

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Knife Juggler may be a tad overrated but you can make that work to your advantage: you can expect your opponent to freak out a bit when you drop one and try to eliminate it as fast as possible, especially if you manage to summon a few minions in the same turn you dropped him. That could allow you to turn his attention from another minion you just dropped and want to survive until next turn, get him to use some small removal spells, etc.

J1M

Arcane
Finally got my key. Proceeded to get my ass handed to me in 4/5 player games. Feels like every beginner is a tcg veteran.

Is it fine sticking to one class or should I grind up every hero before specializing?
If you don't unlock all of the classes, you cannot play arena.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Am I missing something or is there no way to cast spells without clicking the card and then clicking again? Even spells that automatically go to the field. That's really awkward if that's the case.

yeah like I said in an earlier post in this thread, spiteful is very good for rogue.

how did the run end? it looks like a nice deck you drafted. I've never had deathwing :(
Retired it at 8-1 :smug: Since I largely play arena I'm not interested in the cards from the ninth win. Gold better.

Am I missing something or is there no way to cast spells without clicking the card and then clicking again? Even spells that automatically go to the field. That's really awkward if that's the case.
Uh? You cast spells by dragging them out into the playfield, and pointing it if its a targeted spell.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Well, in the end it's just a quick motion of "throwing" the card, no big deal

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom