Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
MAGES MAGES MAGES MAGES MAGES

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Tempted to disenchant my unleash the hounds for 40 dust since I don't play hunter much. I'm sure to get it again later anyway.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Gah, I'm playing someone who is deliberately spending his full time on each turn. He's emoting and playing cards, he just doesn't end the turn until time runs out. What sort of fucking twat does that?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
A fucking twat.

I just got a Venture Co. Mercenary. Early trial went rather well. It's funny because my few opponents so far didn't dare to remove it because of the increased cost to my minions. Nevermind that it was pulverizing stuff for 7 damage each time and I could freeze stuff with cone of cold or get rid of taunts with polymorph. I could try to include a silence to remove the minion cost but I'm not sure my deck needs it. Coined to play it at turn 4 each time.

And the game just before that, I got an Illidan in my face.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gah, I'm playing someone who is deliberately spending his full time on each turn. He's emoting and playing cards, he just doesn't end the turn until time runs out. What sort of fucking twat does that?
Yeah, I've run into one or two of those. They're just trying to get you to concede in annoyance, or maybe frustrate you into mistakes. As cheap as you can get.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, I've run into one or two of those. They're just trying to get you to concede in annoyance, or maybe frustrate you into mistakes. As cheap as you can get.

I just alt-tab and do other shit, letting the excellent sound design tell me what's up. Still, fucking twats.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I tried this beastmaster in constructed just now:

2x secret keeper
all possible secrets a hunter can have

2 buzzard
2 hyena
2 chargekodos
1 unleash the hounds
1 highmane
1 king crush
multishots, standard shit

went (I think) 6 wins before a loss, and misdirecting a paladin faggot with truesilver to kill his own minion is like the most satisfying thing ever

not to mention the sad little rogue who got his minions sniped twice in a row

conclusion:
wtSuH.png

Hy3d6.png

WBQzG.jpg

QsrAM.png

QZBOL.png

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
The turorial didn't bother me much. It was fast and fun enough with a bit story added with the little exchanges between characters. I didn't mind having to beat the AI heroes to unlock them either. Again that didn't take much time and helped to get familiar with the interface, cards, class abilities and some combos. What I found shit though is to grind to lvl 10 for the rest of the basic cards because that took a few hours and was very repetitive.

Zeriel

Arcane

2x secret keeper

2 buzzard
2 hyena
2 chargekodos
1 unleash the hounds
1 highmane
1 king crush

went (I think) 6 wins before a loss, and misdirecting a paladin faggot with truesilver to kill his own minion is like the most satisfying thing ever

To be fair, most of the time there isn't a "right answer" to secret spam. These people aren't stupid, they just have no choice but to eat your secrets. You have to trigger it some way, and good decks don't run twenty million one cost cards just to trigger secrets at a low cost. In addition, in a lot of situations there's no real way to tell which secret it is without fishing (which costs cards, too). Overall, game is basically shit until they standardize secret removal to every class. This mechanic is actually what is letting mages dominate the meta so hard right now. They can play horribly on purpose because they can always stall for 4-6 turns due to freezes and Ice Block. (Freezes are play-around-able, but ice block isn't.)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

2x secret keeper

2 buzzard
2 hyena
2 chargekodos
1 unleash the hounds
1 highmane
1 king crush

To be fair, most of the time there isn't a "right answer" to secret spam. These people aren't stupid, they just have no choice but to eat your secrets. You have to trigger it some way, and good decks don't run twenty million one cost cards just to trigger secrets at a low cost. In addition, in a lot of situations there's no real way to tell which secret it is without fishing (which costs cards, too). Overall, game is basically shit until they standardize secret removal to every class. This mechanic is actually what is letting mages dominate the meta so hard right now. They can play horribly on purpose because they can always stall for 4-6 turns due to freezes and Ice Block. (Freezes are play-around-able, but ice block isn't.)
and a funny thing is that Snipe doesn't trigger on paladin hero minions. hoh hoh hoh hoh.

there is sometimes plays available around secrets, to minimize damage and loss. and 1 secret is still 1 card. without a successful buzzard draw, you are kind of fucked.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I hope the ranking will stabilise soon because I've never had that many expert cards thrown at me. I really feel behind the curve with only a few key cards from the expert packs …

Seeker
In My Safe Space
So today was playing against a priest, having a priest myself. Enemy priest played his third mind control and I was thinking what the hell, the guy is a cheater I'll take a screen shot and report him or something.
But then I understood, he copied
kjyhIIY.gif
my cards! When you play a priest you don't need third party cheats, blizzard has official cheats in the form of cards.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just played against a Priest.

Him: Tons of strong minions.

Me: Nothing.

He's clearly winning.

He plays the card that fetches a random creature from my deck to his side. He fetches doomsayer. Next turn, board wipes.

He dies to an empty deck.

:lol:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I have 2140 arcane dust from around 60 euro spent on this game (im only 15 and come from a poor working class family, so rich kid extreme pay 2 win is not an option for me)

DakaSha

Arcane
The new ranked mode has added a lot to the game for me. apart from the epeening (which doesn't apply to me anyways since i suck) people just take it much more serious. games are longer and generally 'better'.

Shows that simple rules (as if mtg was much more complex, roofles) can make a thoughtful game.

Having said that i am looking forward to more cards and card effects because the game does need it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I replaced my two sun clerics from my druid deck. Replaced one of them with an additional claw (claw is pretty good), and the other with another novice engineer.
Seriously clerics got hit soooo bad with that health nerf. You almost always play them turn 3 if you got them, and now they can be killed by most 1 mana cards.

As for new cards, I expect them to release a new hero first. Probably Arthas (Death Knight) as death knight is the only WoW class not currently in the game, besides monk. Monk doesn't really have enough stuff associated with it, unless it's just "Pandaria"-themed.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I'm thinking of taking the clerics out of most of my decks.

Also I'm kinda entertaining the idea of making theme decks. Not exactly something designed to stomp everyone since it doesn't really go with the oh so horrible meta, but just for fun. Like a stealth based rogue, or a spell centric mage. Problem is that I miss cards …

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom