Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
HAHAHA
two games, two victories... with this
Hearthstone_Screenshot_12.15.2013.05.59.09.jpg

edit: followed by two losses :D

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
If you have two Ancient Watchers shouldn't you add another silence to make them attack?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
DakaSha baby you need azure drakes
even if not for the +spellpower, a card draw for a 4/4/4 is good.
I was thinking about drakes but i have only one spell that benefits from Sp and my card draw is pretty damn good right now. Abomination seems ok.. the only thing is that it isnt too useful vs mages which are obviously a big thing in ranked right now. Drake costs 5 not 4 btw
I like abomination because it kinda messes with people's heads.

What exactly do you have the Ancient Watchers for?

DakaSha

Arcane
W
DakaSha baby you need azure drakes
even if not for the +spellpower, a card draw for a 4/4/4 is good.
I was thinking about drakes but i have only one spell that benefits from Sp and my card draw is pretty damn good right now. Abomination seems ok.. the only thing is that it isnt too useful vs mages which are obviously a big thing in ranked right now. Drake costs 5 not 4 btw
I like abomination because it kinda messes with people's heads.

What exactly do you have the Ancient Watchers for?
Well massive walls with my 4 taunt enablers.

I crafted a faceless manip for my 5 drop. Seems like the best option for the deck

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ah right, yeah that makes sense. I generally don't like the "silence watcher" option either, it's cheap but you spend two cards. By enabling taunt on it you kinda put the opponent in an annoying spot, because even if they silence it you still get a better card than the value you spent on it was worth, plus they just enabled attacking for you.

I'm not generally a huge fan of Sunfury Protector I have to say, but I suppose it also meshes well with acolyte of pain and northshire clerics.

Faceless manip with two legendaries and beefy taunts is in my opinion a very good option.

DakaSha

Arcane
I didnt think much about sunfury until i realized that its the exact same card as the croc only with a taunt enable :p

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
True, but of the 2-cost 5-stat cards the ooze is probably more useful and the knife juggler has a nice soft taunt because people obsess over him. But yeah, that 3 health in a 2-coster is always very nice, tends to trade well.

DakaSha

Arcane
Those are both great cards. Just not for this deck. Ooze would be a good card but in ranked you arent going to see many warriors or even rogues. Only pallies have a weapon worth getting rid of.

Having said that i still need the protectors regardless.

I also switched golem with farseer healer thing for now. I like the soulpriest synergy and i needed more upfront damge early game.

I do like golem though.

I may consider switching out a yeti for A different 4 drop

Zeriel

Arcane
Warriors and rogues (I should really say just rogues commonly) do start appearing in the upper ranks more.

That's the shitty aspect of countering the mage meta--you leave yourself open to being stomped by everything else at the top.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
6 games and 6 losses or something, with my druid.
Before that it was probably 90% win rate or something. Dunno what happened. Could be bad luck, could be this deck not really cutting it versus paladins (which were 4 of those games).

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Heh, first game today was against a paladin. We were sorta even until he pulled an Illidan, then Ragnaros and then tons of shit I don't have yet. Thankfully next games went much better.

DakaSha

Arcane
So i decided to craft the must have have druid cards so that i can finally fucking play him. I get him to level 10 and get the 100 gold quest for getting all basic cards (forgot all about it) and have 165 gold. I debate starting an arena but meh. Fuck arena. I get a pack instead and get this:

16ktkk2.png

Fuck arena :smug:

Needed all but the priestess too

DakaSha

Arcane
I also have ragnaros, onyxia, had a golden deathwing and just got another deathwing :P
(Ive spent a decent amount of money on the game though)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
it feels like I really need some legendaries. it's like sylvanas is core or something -- all my opponents play that stupid card

Zeriel

Arcane
I don't mind Sylvanas too much.

Priests with Ragnaros + Ysera are so dire, though. You just have to concede if you can't kill them before turn 10.

Steve

Augur
Only legend I've got is Al'akir which is probably the worst legendary in the game, I rarely even play Shaman.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
That's not even close to the worst. The one you get for spending money is probably the worst, and putting him aside, there's still ones like King Mukkla, or that one that gains +1/+1 each turn and has no other abilities.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I did give money and got Gelbin Mekkatorque. He is indeed pretty much awful, at best he can distract/confuse your opponent. I was p lucky otherwise and got both Prophet Velen who is p good and Archmage Antonidas who is hilarious.

Al'akir simply costs too much. I bet the math works out but there's few situations where you can play him that far into the game and still consider it a win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom