Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearts of Iron 3 Starter guides/AAR

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So i bought Hearts of Iron 3 from steam and i am having some issues with the game mostly when it comes to the ARMY and how to use it.

SO her is what i need some good After Action Reports/Let's plays/Guides.
TO give me some better ideas of what to do.

I have started to grasp the game on a basic lvl, but a few AAR could be good so if you know of any good ones i would love to get my hands on them.

Destroid

Arcane
Honestly, just load up the '39 scenario as Germany and invade Poland will be the easiest way to get a handle on the combat system. If you need detailed explanations of the chain of command and stuff like that the wiki has all the details.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
So i bought Hearts of Iron 3 from steam and i am having some issues with the game mostly when it comes to the ARMY and how to use it.

SO her is what i need some good After Action Reports/Let's plays/Guides.
TO give me some better ideas of what to do.

I have started to grasp the game on a basic lvl, but a few AAR could be good so if you know of any good ones i would love to get my hands on them.

A good country to start is Austrailia. Enough resources and tech abilities to create a large force, yet you still have to manage your resources, and you are isolated from most of your enemies.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Play the small scenarios as the Axis powers first, that's how I learned. Start with the Desert Fox and continue down the list. I didn't read any manuals and shit I learned by getting my hands dirty.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Im trying to play the Black Ice mod, but It keeps crashing when the game loads up the cores at startup :x

Which OS are you using? Works fine on my two 64 bit Windows 7 machines (desktop and laptop). Try the 64-bit fix that's available on tech support page of the Paradox forum.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Honestly, just load up the '39 scenario as Germany and invade Poland will be the easiest way to get a handle on the combat system. If you need detailed explanations of the chain of command and stuff like that the wiki has all the details.
:(I hate the way they treated the last incarnation of true potatoes in this game. The easiest bitch to invade.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Im trying to play the Black Ice mod, but It keeps crashing when the game loads up the cores at startup :x

Which OS are you using? Works fine on my two 64 bit Windows 7 machines (desktop and laptop). Try the 64-bit fix that's available on tech support page of the Paradox forum.

I got it working, I didnt know I had to register to Paradox's site to download the fix I needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom