Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hell yes! Hope your kickstarter budget has room. (Legend of Iya kickstarter.)

Coriolanus

Learned
Seriously, people compare this to Fortune Summoners? I could barely play the latter without the urge to gouge my eyes out from all the in your face copy/paste saccharine anime cuteness, and I don't usually mind that shit. This at least looks nice and artistic.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Just fire up Super Turrican for the NES and enjoy some great 8-bit non-linear action platforming.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The game suffers from the same animation problems as the old Disney SNES platformers. I don't know how to put it. "Over-animated?"
Only Metal Slug can pull that off because in that game the rest of the world is just as exaggerated.
There's too much dust effect too.

If you want action platforming, there's Noitu Love for free, and a decent sequel too.
And if you want RPG-ish paltforming, there's Castlevania SOTN (lol emulator) or the recent Rogue Legacy.

This game looks pretty boring.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Just fire up Super Turrican for the NES and enjoy some great 8-bit non-linear action platforming.

Fuck that NES crap! Amiga-version is vastly superior than any conversions, especially some fucking wormbox shit. Ghostdog = :decline:.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Fuck that NES crap! Amiga-version is vastly superior than any conversions, especially some fucking wormbox shit. Ghostdog = :decline:.

Cease your meaningless nerdrage Jarpie ! as I have already mentioned in a recent platform thread I firstly recommend the Amiga 1 & 2 turricans, although the NES Super Turrican is also pretty great since it actually combines the best of both Turrican 1 and 2.

Also have in mind that the Amiga version is actually a port of the C64 original game made by Manfred Trenz. And while other people made the various ports, Trenz himself programmed Super Turrican for the NES. Really, this NES game is fantastic and an achievement of 8-bit programming.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Am I the only one who find the picture of the project owner disturbing?
superman_drinks.medium.jpg

Wasn't this the picture of a fellow codexer? A pretty retarded one too?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Has potential, but not enough to risk a pledge, sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom