Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Looks like a good game, very similar to Sword of the Samurai for Playstation 2. There's something very appealing about sword fighting games where you actually kill and get killed by a hit or two without some shitty hp bloat.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Been 22 years since the Bushido Blade games. Following with interest.

If, like me, you're wondering where that very stupid sounding name came from, I guess it's an upward cutting move based on the "parry 4":
At least two Turkish techniques can be found in German fencing books from the 15th and 16thcenturies, both for infantry and cavalry (MS Germ Quart 202; Paurnfeindt 1516, and others). The Turkish slice and Turkish cut are a very interesting instances, which can be observed across a few centuries. We read about it even in the context of the 18th or 19th centuries. On the other hand, 18th-century sources inform about the upward cut, preferred by the Turks. What is more, in Poland the Turkish cut is done upwards, from the right; it is also known as the nyżek, and in Austria, Saxony, and later in Prussia as the Hellish Polish Quart (Ger. höllische polnische Quarte; Starzewski 1840). The Polish quart, being a very recognizable and characteristic technique, shows how this Turkish cut was perceived in Europe through the lens of the Poles' abilities. What is more, many Polish-type sabres hilted in Austria display primarily the characteristics of a Turkish sabre. This underlines how the Polish technique was perceived in Vienna.

Zariusz

Arbiter
There will be pre early access demo available on october 5.

EDIT:

Well i hope that my hype was justified
6TU51p6.png

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I played the demo for a bit and the game is actually pretty cool. I think this is a much better approach to "realistic" swordfighting in a game - having the basic principles of irl fighting in mind but making it control like a normal game instead of trying to dosome kind of sim like Kindom Come did with the the player having more precise control over the direction of attacks etc. (there was this other kickstarter game that tried to do something similar but even more elaborate with some special controller).
The animations look really awesome and life like(if you ignore some occasional weird stuff happening every now and then) but the characters look so bad, almost like from a ps2 game or something, they boast about scanning real stuff and the result is like that :/

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is pretty cool. One of the most realistic sword fighting games out there. Like the fact that there is actual grappling as well.

Devs are planning to add a lot of characters: Zaporozhian Cossacks, Polish Hussars, Tatars, Turkish Janissaries and Swedish Reiters confirmed so far.

That can be a blessing and a curse, as they might be biting a bit too much. We will see.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Forget about balancing, they should try to make many styles as possible.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It isn't just balancing, imagine a rapier v.s. a zweihänder, as an example (weight and reach advantage).

The whole thing just works better when it is a "gentlemanly" duel. Once you start adding shields, armor and all kinds of other crap... meh. Otherwise it becomes too chaotic.

IMHO it'd work the best if the kept to weapons and styles that are at least roughly comparable.

But I doubt they'll add all the what, 12? distinct styles the devs were daydreaming about adding.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Looks interesting. Gonna keep an eye on this one.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Played it a little bit and it feels like a western Bushido Blade with improved physics and more realistic stances and attack/defense animations. Really looking forward to it.

Aemar

Arcane
If the game turns out to be good, and if they implement proper multiplayer, this could be a more monocled medium of solving various issues on the Codex, instead of horse therapy or UT.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
It isn't just balancing, imagine a rapier v.s. a zweihänder, as an example (weight and reach advantage).

The whole thing just works better when it is a "gentlemanly" duel. Once you start adding shields, armor and all kinds of other crap... meh. Otherwise it becomes too chaotic.

IMHO it'd work the best if the kept to weapons and styles that are at least roughly comparable.

But I doubt they'll add all the what, 12? distinct styles the devs were daydreaming about adding.
Just create multiplayer modes depending on the weapons. Not adding stuff for the sake of balance is almost never a good thing. Thats the main reason sawyer is hated here.

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Just create multiplayer modes depending on the weapons. Not adding stuff for the sake of balance is almost never a good thing. Thats the main reason sawyer is hated here.

The point is that certain weapons do not fit this style. I like that it is "dueling" 'to first blood, not à l'outrance (to death) like everything else.

Zariusz

Arbiter

The point is that certain weapons do not fit this style. I like that it is "dueling" 'to first blood, not à l'outrance (to death) like everything else.
Well unless you behead someone or cut his guts

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
They seem to fight until the other guy is incapable of fighting (either dead, or seriously injured). If you just hit the other guy, give him a harmless injury and draw some blood the fighting is still on.

Ninjerk

Arcane
If the game turns out to be good, and if they implement proper multiplayer, this could be a more monocled medium of solving various issues on the Codex, instead of horse therapy or UT.
There's a dueling game called Blade Symphony that I think is supposed to be based on JK2 that I had some fun with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom