Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

agris

Arcane
Patron
looks clunky AF, hit the space bar to pause and bury rendering options behind contextuals after that.

cool feature though, hope it moves them one step closer to recording matches and supporting dynamic playback.

ADL

Prophet
Haven't seen anyone ask on previous pages, what's the explanation for no online multiplayer? I don't want to use Steam Remote Play Together. Especially since I have the game on GOG.

Zariusz

Arbiter
And another sponsor to collection.

Also that musical fencer tease at 0:27, maybe another character from Spain?

EDIT: And another...

Last edited:

Curratum

Still no multiplayer. Developer on YT literally goes "I don't do netcode, we're a 2-man team, so just play over Steam remote play together, because physics-based fighters are too hard to sync online anyway".

I want to like what they have going, but releasing this as a single-player / local couch coop only game is a fucking joke.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
If he can't do it, he can't do it
Better to be honest about it, plus Steam's remote play is a sufficient fix for the problem I guess
Though if he makes good money with this, he could hire someone to try and implement a online multiplayer feature

Curratum

If he can't do it, he can't do it
Better to be honest about it, plus Steam's remote play is a sufficient fix for the problem I guess
Though if he makes good money with this, he could hire someone to try and implement a online multiplayer feature

Have you ever tried Steam remote play? I tried it with someone in my country, we're both on a 100 megabit line, and it was impossible to even play pinball over this. I can't even imagine how bad it would be with a fighting game that requires as much or more precision and timing of inputs.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Steam says I've played ths game around 73 hours. I like it a lot, I usually turn it on when I want to play something fast and then do anything else. The AI is decent enough, and I understand that making this game have an online mode is hard due to it's heaviliy physics based. They update the game periodically with new content (Character,stages,game modes,gear,etc). I'm waiting to see the next fencer, according the teaser it's a spanish one based on verdadera destreza.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
She's cool. But some of her stabs don't feel quite right.
Negro also has some weird animations. His victory head nod looks bad and there's one "can you really do it without hurting your wrists?" slash.

deuxhero

Arcane
They've added the joke character, the inexplicable foreigner, and the pompous rich fighter, now they just need add a little girl and a giant.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Interesting
Bushido Blade 2 also had a FPP camera (a bit more complex as it showed in the top left corner of the screen a small figurine of the PC)
Although it had some technicalities - the main one being the camera never moved away from the PC direction (so that even if the PC is doing some fast, elaborate moves, the camera wouldn't be all over the place)
I am curious to see it how it's implemente other characters - especially ones whose movesets aren't so "simple" and "direct" (this character basically just does thrusts)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom