Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hello again... from Zero Sum

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I missed the boat on this one this one the first time around due to not even knowing it existed, so i'm anxiously awaiting this release. Between the Ultima remake and this game, it's been a nice(and free) RPG month.

Just curious as i don't see it mentioned anywhere. But is this dev team done with making games?

spacemoose

Erudite
Bumping for justice.

Seriously, christmas is over, ZeroSum.

I demand that you lock yourselves down at ye olde workstation and finish this. There has been NOTHING to play this holiday season and the wait is unbearable!

freestonew

Novice
CP said:
Nope. This one's on us. Enjoy.

If you do like the game, however, the best way you can pay us back is by spreading the word. Thanks!

CP

I stumbled upon this post today, after being away for over five months, as I hesitated to play this game due to "more possibility of a better version coming and maybe the full release too!"

I thank you all.

today is the 28th of december, i went to look at the zero-sum site and as of the 28th,
Other things that we've added include:
- Graphics upgrade. The game can be ran in 1280 by 1024, which looks A LOT better. Re-texturing has also signigicantly improved the graphics. (Again, the current graphics are NOT up on our site yet).
- New NPC portraits
apparently the "final" graphics are not up yet, so i will wait a bit more and bookmark this.

good!

freestone

CP

Liturgist
Hi all. Apologies for the delays.

We're still plugging away at the freeware version, which is looking very good. All that's left is for Mat to tune some of the graphics/music issues, and for me to add more clutter. After that, there's just testing.

I'm thinking of trooping out to beantown this weekend to hammer out what's left with Mat. If anyone would be interested in testing over the next few weeks, please let me know.

Thanks!

CP

crpgnut

Augur
I'll be happy to be your guinea pig again. I'm playing Minions of Mirth pretty heavily, but I've got time to tackle Prelude too. For better or worse, Prelude was how I discovered the codex :)

Jason

chasing a bee
Sign me up. I need something to fill the void after I just lost all the games on my C drive and had to start over with a fresh Windows install.

CP

Liturgist
mondblut said:
But no, after helping the rebellion/demons throughout the whole game, we're suddenly treated with a choice between forced gameover or forced switch to the "good" side. After all the freedom throughout most of the game, this is highly disappointing.

A game like that DESERVES a full-fledged alternate ending. Please consider that.

*note: trying to give away spoilers haha*

I have to respectfully disagree. You will not cleanse the Valley of what ails it by abedding, or participating directly in evil acts. There is, however, an alternative way to finish the game by being completely evil. This ending is not the right, nor wrong... it's simply an alternative.

As for completing the mission the Watcher sends the party on, there is still plenty of room to get the job done "by whatever means necessary." Many quests can be solved by lying, cheating, stealing, intimidating, etc. As for the quests that can only be completed by doing 'good', there are just as many opportunities to wreak havok with a highly skilled thief.

CP

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I wouldn't mind helping you test the game either, my girlfriend just left to go to Australia to visit her sister for three weeks, so I have more free time than I know what to do with.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Well, it is free. You can't really complain when the devs are just doing this for betterment of mankind and such.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Saves should be compatible. So far they have been. I'm doing my best to keep them so and since most of the updates are cosmetic it's not too bad. Can't guarantee it %100 right now. But it's likely. :D

crpgnut

Augur
I'm curious. Were your angels satisfied with their return?
This is speaking about the financing aspect of the game.
Would they finance a sequel? Do you think you and CP will ever try shareware again? I thought the game was a truly remarkable first effort and hope to see something from you again.

Drazzil

Novice
I'd be happy to donate $30-50 dollars if I got real real enjoyment out of it, that is when the full version decides to show up, heh.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
CP emailed me and said we should expect around the end of the month. Of course, if we don't then CP can expect an angry mob outside his house. Or maybe just me emailing him and going "what's wrong lol?"

CP

Liturgist
New music samples are up as well as a few new high res screens.

http://www.zero-sum.com

The music reverts back to the old tracks after about 2 minutes. We'll fix the MP3s later tonight. Once again, thanks for your patience... we're working as quickly as we can. More soon.

CP

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Nice job, the screens look really nice. Great to see it in higher resolution, the game view as a bit too small for my taste and the interface took up a big chunk of it.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I like the new high res screens. Can't wait to finally play this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom