Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello again... from Zero Sum

Discussion in 'Prelude To Darkness' started by CP, Nov 29, 2005.

1. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    I missed the boat on this one this one the first time around due to not even knowing it existed, so i'm anxiously awaiting this release. Between the Ultima remake and this game, it's been a nice(and free) RPG month.

Just curious as i don't see it mentioned anywhere. But is this dev team done with making games?

^ Top  
  2. spacemoose Erudite

spacemoose
    Bumping for justice.

Seriously, christmas is over, ZeroSum.

I demand that you lock yourselves down at ye olde workstation and finish this. There has been NOTHING to play this holiday season and the wait is unbearable!

^ Top  
  3. Frau Bishop Erudite

Frau Bishop
    Please?

^ Top  
  4. Michael_Wolf Educated

Michael_Wolf
    Pretty please...

^ Top  
  5. freestonew Novice

freestonew
    I stumbled upon this post today, after being away for over five months, as I hesitated to play this game due to "more possibility of a better version coming and maybe the full release too!"

I thank you all.

today is the 28th of december, i went to look at the zero-sum site and as of the 28th,
    apparently the "final" graphics are not up yet, so i will wait a bit more and bookmark this.

good!

freestone

^ Top  
  6. CP Liturgist

CP
    Hi all. Apologies for the delays.

We're still plugging away at the freeware version, which is looking very good. All that's left is for Mat to tune some of the graphics/music issues, and for me to add more clutter. After that, there's just testing.

I'm thinking of trooping out to beantown this weekend to hammer out what's left with Mat. If anyone would be interested in testing over the next few weeks, please let me know.

Thanks!

CP

^ Top  
  7. crpgnut Augur

crpgnut
    I'll be happy to be your guinea pig again. I'm playing Minions of Mirth pretty heavily, but I've got time to tackle Prelude too. For better or worse, Prelude was how I discovered the codex :)

^ Top  
  8. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    I would be glad to help too.

^ Top  
  9. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Happy to help

^ Top  
  10. Michael_Wolf Educated

Michael_Wolf
    Sounds like fun. Count me in!

^ Top  
  11. Jason chasing a bee

Jason
    Sign me up. I need something to fill the void after I just lost all the games on my C drive and had to start over with a fresh Windows install.

^ Top  
  12. CP Liturgist

CP

*note: trying to give away spoilers haha*

I have to respectfully disagree. You will not cleanse the Valley of what ails it by abedding, or participating directly in evil acts. There is, however, an alternative way to finish the game by being completely evil. This ending is not the right, nor wrong... it's simply an alternative.

As for completing the mission the Watcher sends the party on, there is still plenty of room to get the job done "by whatever means necessary." Many quests can be solved by lying, cheating, stealing, intimidating, etc. As for the quests that can only be completed by doing 'good', there are just as many opportunities to wreak havok with a highly skilled thief.

CP

^ Top  
  13. Azael Magister

Azael
    Wasteland 2
    I wouldn't mind helping you test the game either, my girlfriend just left to go to Australia to visit her sister for three weeks, so I have more free time than I know what to do with.

^ Top  
  14. crpgnut Augur

crpgnut
    Too bad you can't sell it, Azael. I'd pay to have more free time :D

^ Top  
  15. Quigs Magister

Quigs
    A month later, still nothing.

^ Top  
  16. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    Well, it is free. You can't really complain when the devs are just doing this for betterment of mankind and such.

^ Top  
  17. Drain Scholar

Drain
    Will old saves be compatible with the new version?

^ Top  
  18. thathmew Zero Sum Software Developer

thathmew
    Saves should be compatible. So far they have been. I'm doing my best to keep them so and since most of the updates are cosmetic it's not too bad. Can't guarantee it %100 right now. But it's likely. :D

^ Top  
  19. crpgnut Augur

crpgnut
    I'm curious. Were your angels satisfied with their return?
    This is speaking about the financing aspect of the game.
    Would they finance a sequel? Do you think you and CP will ever try shareware again? I thought the game was a truly remarkable first effort and hope to see something from you again.

^ Top  
  20. Drazzil Novice

Drazzil
    I'd be happy to donate $30-50 dollars if I got real real enjoyment out of it, that is when the full version decides to show up, heh.

^ Top  
  21. Naked_Lunch Erudite

Naked_Lunch
    CP emailed me and said we should expect around the end of the month. Of course, if we don't then CP can expect an angry mob outside his house. Or maybe just me emailing him and going "what's wrong lol?"

^ Top  
  22. Mefi Erudite

Mefi
    waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
    Good to hear and nice of them to do it. Hope that the team have success in whatever they move on to next, PtD gave me many hours of fun (and the odd bit of frustration). ;)

^ Top  
  23. CP Liturgist

CP
    New music samples are up as well as a few new high res screens.

http://www.zero-sum.com

The music reverts back to the old tracks after about 2 minutes. We'll fix the MP3s later tonight. Once again, thanks for your patience... we're working as quickly as we can. More soon.

CP

^ Top  
  24. Naked_Lunch Erudite

Naked_Lunch
    Nice job, the screens look really nice. Great to see it in higher resolution, the game view as a bit too small for my taste and the interface took up a big chunk of it.

^ Top  
  25. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    I like the new high res screens. Can't wait to finally play this one.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.