Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hello and some praise to Bethesda

Ladonna

Arcane
What ever happened to the wonderful Mr Romero anyway? He seems to have fallen off the bandwagon for quite a while.

The last thing I remember from him were his words from a dev talkfest where he proceeded to criticise modders.....in his words, I believe he said something like 'modders are really just wannabe devs, and they should get their hands off!'.

I think this was during the Oblivion Boobies scandal.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Ladonna said:
What ever happened to the wonderful Mr Romero anyway? He seems to have fallen off the bandwagon for quite a while.

The last thing I remember from him were his words from a dev talkfest where he proceeded to criticise modders.....in his words, I believe he said something like 'modders are really just wannabe devs, and they should get their hands off!'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Romero
Wikipedia said:
Slipgate Ironworks

On August 31, 2005, Romero confirmed [4] that he has been working on a yet-to-be-announced MMOG at his newly opened development studio, Slipgate Ironworks. [1] It has been reported that the name is temporary. "For the record," Romero wrote, "I'm co-founder of a new game company in the Bay Area and am much better off in many ways than I was at Midway." He also said that he would not reveal anything about the company or the game until 2007.
Rumour had it at one, that it may even be a MMORPG...

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Ladonna said:

I think, with Daikatana, he's slipped into being a wannabe dev, too.

Ladonna

Arcane
Thanks for the link Cj.

Jimbob: Aye, thats what I thought too at the time. Hilarious. I guess he still thinks of himself as a rockstar dev god. I still remember when his Girlfriend went on about how brilliant Daikatana was before it was released. He still had money to supply her coke then I am guessing.

Voss

Erudite
A team of white slavers mistook him (once again) for a pretty, pretty girl and sold him to a east african brothel.

Ladonna

Arcane
So your basically saying that many, many 'large' black men made him their bitch? :lol:

sintinian

Novice
Yeah, like it was some kind of protest. *rolls eyes*

haha. damn right. not that a usually condone stealing :)

Don't blame them for that. Trying to complete an unfinished game (and be blamed later for someone else's ideas) is a bitch

i'm just pointing out what a shame it is that the greatness that fallout 3 would have been (and almost was) will never see the light of day. if i had the money that bethesda have and i was as big a fan of the fallout franchise that they claim to be, then i would hire the original team to finish the game. i admit i'd like to see the game made by a different company than no company at all, but 90%! come on....

*sigh* First, Black Isle was formed later. The core of the Fallout team was gone shortly after the game was released. Second, Bioware made the BG games, not Black Isle

i stand corrected. black isle only published BG..

Mr Happy

Scholar
Grandpa Gamer said:
:roll:
Well, well...
It seems a simple spelling error is all it takes for a moderately serious discussion to deteriorate into silly jibing and playground antics in this forum.

Hah, well, you predicted it :)

As it turns out, Fallout and Daggerfall are the two games I've enjoyed the most as well. I enjoyed them for different reasons of course, I loved the world and your ability to interact with it (politics, all that) in Daggerfall. Whether they didnt know what they were doing with Daggerfall, I am not sure. I guess so, as the series was born out of D&D campaigns, but slowly the world (at least to me ) took center stage. I have never considered the series the best RPG wise (though daggerfall was certainly not bad in this area), but that didnt really matter. Maybe there goal was the world structure in Daggerfall. Morrowind lost some of this, so maybe not (though, to its credit Morrowind had excellent lore, and good faction conflict, and the world seemed to be moderatly thought out. Though it seemed very much simplified, and dropped many of the things Daggerfall had started. Oblivion, for me, lost most of what made the series good, but oh well.

And by the way, I actualy liked Redgaurd, as a spinoff of course. :)

Shoelip

Arbiter
Ladonna said:
So your basically saying that many, many 'large' black men made him their bitch? :lol:

John Romero has heat vision and super breath.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom