Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help from Skyrim experts

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
anus_pounder said:
I'll have to try that follower trick though. Too bad I don't use either heavy or two handed. Fuck.

If you help that Faendahl guy in Riverwood with his misc quest, you can get free archery.

Also, lowered difficulty to adept, and it doesn't seem that much easier, if anything it feels MORE difficult since followers and summons aren't ridiculously OP; got destroyed by a dragon priest after taking a dragon out of the sky just moments earlier. :/

Eyeball

Arcane
OR you could just, you know, play the game as intended without exploiting it's comically broken mechanics for infinite gold and level-ups.

Why are you so dedicated to making games boring and unchallenging? Too lazy to download trainers?

Eyeball

Arcane
Tried it once, didn't like it much. It is just beyond my moronic understanding why you'd get a game all about exploration and adventure and then powergame the motherfuck out of it by exploiting holes in the crappy engine to remove all challenge, fun and adventure from it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wyrmlord said:
Okay, now it's annoying.

I hope Alduin doesn't have a third Electric attack or something.
Sure he does. Why are you playing on Master, when you need thousand reloads and you are asking about advice anyway?

ksjav said:
Also, lowered difficulty to adept, and it doesn't seem that much easier, if anything it feels MORE difficult
Yes it's more difficult, for the same reason as Avadon.

Mastermind said:
Wyrmlord said:
halflingbarbarian said:
Why do you need total mitigation from fire?
I wish to defeat Alduin in the Throat of the World without frequent reloading.

I used the console to raise all skils to 100 so I'm level 81. I expect what i assume to be a scaled alduin to put up a better fight than the 4 whack kills I get when fighting ancient dragons. What type of character are you playing?

AFAIK stuff only scales up to lv50. Also, while generic magic resistance caps in the 80s I don't think it's the same for elemental resistances, my naturally 50% frost resistant nord had that perk where blocking with a shield gives you 50% resistance towards frost/fire/shock and he didn't seem to get any damage from a dragon's frost attack.

shiggidyshwa

Novice
I haven't fought Alduin yet, but does he behave like other dragons where you can just stun lock him? That's how I fight dragons on Master. I hide from their breath, hit them with arrows, and when it lands I use Become Ethereal to get in close and shield bash to victory.

But I'm guessing you already tried that. So are you running out of stamina?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't remember Alduin being stunlocked, at least not by means like Impact from Destruction skill tree, which I used to kill every other dragon like a pussy.

tennishero

Novice
legit nn lore breaking cheats

think of it as grinding skills

make lotsa iron daggers

(easy to do, buy iron and even wolves give leather)

boosts your smithing

dont just sell the daggers- take them to an enchanting station- i.e make the daggers at that redguard womans place in whiterun- then get go to the castle near the douche mage and use his enchanter

(have lotsa lesser gems filled- basically lots of shit gems- best of of doing this is just hunting around in dungeons for the gems- buy the cheapo soul trap spell- hit someone with it, kill them and fill the gems up- i personally use a sound enchanted with soul trap spell- easier)

now enchant the iron daggers with the shit gems- hit the stamina drain one- i think its the best money return

this helps build up your enchanting big time-

now go to a few blacksmiths- and sell the enchanted iron daggers- tidy little profit that doesnt break lore ot cheat- since you have to work to make it

regular iron dagger nets you 4 septims

an enchanted one usually nets you 150-300

---

the smithing skill is vital for the deadric and dragon armour and weapons

dont sell dragon bones- if you have a house- (you really should buy it for 5k at whiterun)

stash all the dragon bones in a suitcase there- save them up for when you have 100 smithing skill so you can make the best armour

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Raghar said:
Wyrmlord said:
Okay, now it's annoying.

I hope Alduin doesn't have a third Electric attack or something.
Sure he does. Why are you playing on Master, when you need thousand reloads and you are asking about advice anyway?
Actually, he does not. He just goes back to Fire, if your Frost and Fire Resistance are about 72%, and fire breath on 72% resistance does marginal damage anyway.

The fight is more relaxed now. I already lowered the difficulty, I fought him once on Adept, the fight was 20 seconds long, and I did not enjoy it. So I reloaded to before the fight and went back to Master. There is no point in a fight I don't enjoy.

Anyway, it was not about a thousand reloads, but a few reloads after a long fight reaching 50% or 40% of Alduin's health. I don't enjoy coming so close and losing.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Has anyone had any success with weapon/destruction combo on master? Without block and stagger it seems almost impossible. I was hoping that ice spikes and runes will allow me to kite better, but until I get those spells, I really have to choose my fights or rely on summoning, which I hate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom