Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help from the Codex Brain Trust

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I need to know if the following games ever had a physical printed English language strategy guide/clue book:

Albion
Arx Fatalis
Gothic
Gothic II
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
King of Dragon Pass
Realms of Arkania III: Shadows Over Riva
Star Control II
The Dark Heart of Uukrul
The Witcher

I'm hoping the combined wisdom of the Codex can help me. If they did have a strat guide or clue book do you have one or know where one can be found. Not digital but actual physical books.

Thank you as always... :salute:

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
'Brain Trust'? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Brain donors, more like. Don't give us delusions of grandure ,mate.

.. but seriously Google would probably be more useful. One's like Albion and Star control probably had hints in the actual manual that came with the discs.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
.. but seriously Google would probably be more useful. One's like Albion and Star control probably had hints in the actual manual that came with the discs.

I've looked up some on Abe books and Amazon and sometimes they do pop up but I've found they can have entries for things that never existed. Case in point is an Amazon entry for a Thief Gold strat guide that I'm pretty sure never was published. Also, in the Star Control II box is a flyer for the clue book but it's unclear if that was ever published.

I guess I have a higher opinion of my fellow Codexers such as esteemed cRPG historians such as felipepepe, Crooked Bee, and Luzur .... wait, who am I responding to... "Joined: Nov 23, 2014" :roll:

:troll:

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

I guess I have a higher opinion of my fellow Codexers such as esteemed cRPG historians such as felipepepe, Crooked Bee, and Luzur .... wait, who am I responding to... "Joined: Nov 23, 2014" :roll:

:troll:

See what I mean?

Don't give us delusions.. by including myself I remove all ACTUAL barb, and relegate the comment to nothing more than an off the cuff 'funny', further reinforced by ".. but seriously"

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK!

Darkion

Augur
I need to know if the following games ever had a physical printed English language strategy guide/clue book:

Albion
Arx Fatalis
Gothic
Gothic II
King of Dragon Pass
Star Control II
The Dark Heart of Uukrul
The Witcher

I'm hoping the combined wisdom of the Codex can help me. If they did have a strat guide or clue book do you have one or know where one can be found. Not digital but actual physical books.

Thank you as always... :salute:

I know for certain there was a strategy guide for Realms of Arkania I - III, but never saw a separate one for Shadows over Riva.
There was a Prima guide for the Witcher I and another for Witcher II.
I saw guides for the two Gothics, but can't remember the publisher

Luzur

Good Sir
Albion
Arx Fatalis
Gothic
Gothic II
King of Dragon Pass
Star Control II
The Dark Heart of Uukrul
The Witcher

hmm..

im not sure on either of these games, atleast not with printed cluebooks.

mindx2

Patron
I know for certain there was a strategy guide for Realms of Arkania I - III, but never saw a separate one for Shadows over Riva.

German, Polish or English. I imagine there were German & Polish guides. I have the Witcher 2 guide but never saw a Witcher I book.

Darkion

Augur

German, Polish or English. I imagine there were German & Polish guides. I have the Witcher 2 guide but never saw a Witcher I book.

They were in English. I believe I still have some of them, but that would me in my storage space so I would have to search for them to identify the publishers.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Are these to put on your coffee table or something? Srs question, cuz most "clue"books I've read are out of date and written by the clueless, anyway.

mindx2

Patron
Are these to put on your coffee table or something?
Not for the coffee table just something I'm working on...

cuz most "clue"books I've read are out of date and written by the clueless, anyway.

Have you read some of the older guides such as the Ultima, Wasteland or TIE Fighter guides? Those were great reads!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The only Wasteland guide I read was this. Anyway, good luck with your endeavor.

mindx2

Patron
The Witcher

This one had a cluebook in Enhanced Edition. Russian one, at least. I may be able to make a photo if I find it under the pile of dust,

I know the Witcher 2 has an "Enhanced Edition" guide (have that) but didn't know about the Witcher 1.

but why do you even need these?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The Witcher

This one had a cluebook in Enhanced Edition. Russian one, at least. I may be able to make a photo if I find it under the pile of dust,

I know the Witcher 2 has an "Enhanced Edition" guide (have that) but didn't know about the Witcher 1.

Just double-checked this. It wasn't a cluebook, it was a short story by Andjey Sapkovsky on russian. Sorry.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The Witcher

I bet he is planning some sort of world domination through old games clue books!

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Witcher

Just double-checked this. It wasn't a cluebook, it was a short story by Andjey Sapkovsky on russian. Sorry.
Mine came with a short story and the guide, like this one:
box_contents.jpg
It's a small 100 page thing with a walkthrough for the game and side quests and some maps.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The Witcher

Mine came with a short story and the guide, like this one:
box_contents.jpg
It's a small 100 page thing with a walkthrough for the game and side quests and some maps.

I hate my fucking country. All the same, except for guide.

witcher_enchansed_edition_collection-290908.jpg

mindx2

Patron
Anyone else have any info on these games and if they had strategy guides/clue books......?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom