Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Gobliiins 5 by Pierre Gilhodes - Woodruff "Soon™"?

Don Peste

Arcane
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pierregilhodes/gobliiins5-pc

https://pierre-gilhodes.itch.io/gobliiins5

http://hypestorm.ru/pierre-gilhodess-interview-french/
https://translate.google.es/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http://hypestorm.ru/pierre-gilhodess-interview-french/&edit-text=

OK, la question principale: quelles sont les chances pour Gobliiins 5 à comparaître? En outre, de nouvelles Goblins jeu en 2D, comme le style visuel a été l’une des principales caractéristiques de la série de jeux.

Ca parait difficile de gagner de l’argent avec une grosse production de jeu d’aventure de Gobliiins en ce moment, il y a trop de piratage. Un Gobliiins 5 pourrait aussi être un jeu plus modeste. En tout cas je le ferais en 2d cette fois, j’ai retrouvé le plaisir de l’animation 2d avec ma chaine Youtube «Woodruff Cosmik Cartoon». J’espère que vos lecteurs iront voir mes gags.
Enfin, j’ai un scénario vaste et délirant pour une grande aventure de Gobliiins ! Si je trouve un ou deux programmeurs doués et fous je me lance dans l’aventure.

Parler de l’art moderne, pouvez-vous nommer quelques films, jeux, bandes dessinées, etc. quel style visuel vous trouvez vraiment impressionnant?

Je suis boulimique de films de tous les styles et grand amateur de bandes dessinées. J’aime par exemple Slaine, de Pat Mills, Alan Moore, Franck Miller, Mignola, Neil Gaiman. En matière de jeux, il me faut ma dose d’adrénaline de Quake Like. Je ne désespère pas de faire mon fps dans l’univers des Bouzouks (tirés du jeu Woodruff), là aussi j’ai un scénario bien avancé. Ce serait une espèce de suite de Woodruff, même si j’espère aussi faire un Woodruff 2, un grand jeu d’aventure avec Philbin, petit fils de Woodruff, un genre de super héro mou, l’homme à l’aspirateur.
So the guy just needs a couple of programmers and maybe some argent? That could easily be fixed with a nice Kickstarter. C'mon, lend him a hand! For the Schnibble!

8-Bean.gif
Pierre Gilhodes is working on Gobliiins 5. He just launched a crowdfunding campaign on some French site: https://fr.ulule.com/gobliiins5/

What we know so far:

• Made with AGS, 640x480 resolution.
  • Music by Cris, Philipp Alexander Marguerre & Thierry Teodori
    owl.png
  • Even though Pierre is not a programmer, he seems to be doing all the work with AGS.
  • But he also got help from Marion Poinsot, author of Dread Mac Farlane and other AGS games, and Le Donjon de Naheulbeuk (illustrations).
  • He might need some testers, "many months from now".
  • Only English localization is planned so far.
  • Later, he plans to launch a "worldwide crowdfunding campaign" on Kickstarter.
  • The surprisingly low 3000€ campaign goal is basically to pay for the music, a website (!) and hosting for the game files (!!)...
  • Because he plans to release it as a direct download link (!!!)...

Last edited by a moderator:

zapotec

Liturgist
Uhh maybe woodruff and the schnibble of azimuth will finally arrive on gog...

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
You know its a french game if you need to google it first to see wether it is a real game or a joke.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This looks really nice, and the horrible 3d graphics of the fourth part are gone. The ship reminds me of the third part. Although I'm surprised, that the goal is set only on 3 000 €.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I was/am big fan of Goblins, 2 in particular, it was one of the few games I could play when I was a kid, due to low language barrier. In fact I was playing with a friend of mine and I remember trying to find for solutions of puzzles by imagining things, when I was at home, because our mutual save was in his PC.

Later he had to leave for a 3 month vacation, it was summer, but I wouldn't and I transferred the save.

My sister was giving exams for university at that time, so I was 11.

28 fucking years ago.

Sorry, I'm most likely not going to touch this. Because some things are better left as memories and it would be unfair to try and play this as a 40 year old. I'm too judgemental right now for a game like this. But I'm glad they're doing it.

I hope another 11 year old will enjoy this, the way I did back then.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Didn't we already have a topic on this game? I feel like this has been mentioned here before in a topic. Obviously before he made the not Kickstarter.
The game is going to be made on the AGS engine, it will be 2D and in 640x480 resolution.
:love:
That's really cool. Wasn't too long ago when someone here was wondering why old professionals never use AGS. If this trailer is anything to go by, this is going to be amazing. Hope it gets funded, I know Muriel Tramis's Kickstarter failed way back when.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Very good news. I've been thinking about it for a while now that a max resolution of 640x480 is actually preferable for a lot of games. You can still very much place every pixel carefully at that res when you're an artist, so doing pixel art is viable and not terribly time consuming (=expensive).

:Flash:

Arcane
I always thought the number of i's indicated the installment of the series, so I would have expected it to be called Gobliiiiins 5.
Did I make that up?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I always thought the number of i's indicated the installment of the series, so I would have expected it to be called Gobliiiiins 5.

Nope, because it was Gobliiins 1, Gobliins 2 and Goblins 3. If anything, the number of 'i's corresponded to the number of controllable goblin protagonists.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Looks bloody amazing, the overall attention to detail and love put into the animation - all of this warms my ice-coated heart. I so missed this wacky universe since the Amiga days, the fourth entry was a definite misstep, failing to live up to the magic of the trilogy.
I do agree such a low initial funding goal is shocking to say the least, but on the bright side - despite the lack of exposure, the campaign will breeze through it easily, with plenty of time to spare, providing a much-needed morale boost to everyone involved.

Who owns the rights to Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth, by the way?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
He's at 90% after 3 days, so it's looking good for the campaign. I'm so over point and click games but will definitely play this for a mega dose of nostalgia.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked even the fourth part, because the design skill and soul still shone through its ugliness and clunkiness.

I'm pretty sure he'll make 3,000 euros. That's a surprisingly small amount. I think it's more of a pre-order than an actual fundraiser.

I've been hoping for a Woodruff and the Schnibble sequel for a long time, too. I don't know who has the rights. But I think the main reason Pierre isn't trying to make a sequel or just another game in the same universe is that such a project is much more ambitious than Goblins.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Who owns the rights to Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth, by the way?
I would wager either Pierre or whoever bought Mindscape's assets when they went bankrupt. Since Tramis was able to start a remake of Mewilo (even if it didn't get funded) it is possible that Pierre owns or was able to buy the rights.

Narushima

Cipher
According to the Ulule page, the €3,000 will be used to pay several contractors, including "several" musicians.
That doesn't seem like much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom