Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us bring down RPGwatch.com in Divinity: Original Sin

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Codex Original Sin KickStarter Campaign; Divinity: Original Sin; Kickstarter

There's nothing like increasing your target after reaching it, so we're adding a stretch goal to our Divinity: Original Sin campaign, courtesy of ForkTong:

So about that campaign the Codex is running. We got in contact with Myrthos from the Watch earlier, and agreed on:

$1000 = 5 extra digital copies, distribute as you see fit
$2000 = 10 extra digital copies, distribute as you see fit + a book written by RPGWatch (e.g. with lore about the Watch, namedropping allowed, approved by our writer)
$2500 = 20 extra digital copies, distribute as you see fit + book + a watchtower in the game like in their logo + reading the book gives a skill appropriate to the content

As you see, no talking books here, so keep ideas similar in terms of work to something like this.​

Because we're mature grown adults, we can't let RPG Watch win. Their pathetic campaign is currently at a miserable $1,713 - while we're a full $200 ahead! As an incentive, ForkTong offers this bonus:

So anyhoo, done deal.

If Watch gets tower and you get troll, they will attack each other. The outcome depends on the success of each party's fundraiser.​

All digital copies received will be distributed one each to the top donors as per the donor list, for them to use as they so choose. Donate now! And help us make RPG Watch pay for stuffing up Larian's KickStater.

In related news, the system that actually allows you to spend your hard-earned potato (earned from donating) will hopefully be online in the not too distant future. Yeah that shit takes time, fuck you.

UPDATE: Ok, so apparently we get more shit as follows:

The Codex:

* [BONUS] in-game Red Troll
* [BONUS] a Codex-themed book
* 1 of the 4 Statues
There are many strange locations, people, creatures and things to find in Original Sin. For instance, you may stumble upon four magical statues. Four crazy, lying statues, that have been granting wishes and making everyone's life miserable. We haven't named them yet. If you hurry, one of them will carry the name of your choosing (within the boundaries of our game world). This name will be in the final game! The statue in the game will even be custom modeled so that the 3D model in the game actually looks like you!
* Become an NPC
* Create an Item
* Combo Designer - ability to design a two-item crafting combo which will result in creating a new item
* Name a Henchman - a name for a searchable and hireable henchman
* Name the Undead - a name for an undead, this name can appear in the game (random chance)
* Message in the woods - message carved in one of the trees in the game world

* Listed in the Credits
* Alpha Access
* Beta Access
* Send a Codex representative to the Release Party
* Fan Day - invitation to Fan Day organized by Larian (You must be able to pay for travel and accomodation by Yourself)

Game Personalization (code-unlocked stuff only visible in your own game):

* Kickstarter Potion - one-use item which will do "something"
* Zandalor's Epic Trunks of Intelligence - demonic talking trunks (equippable item)
* Message in a Bottle - personal message found in a bottle
* Engraving Tool - allows creating custom inscriptions on items
* Name a Pet - ability to change a name of one of the pets in the game
* Write a co-op Dialog - which will then take place at one point of the game

Digital Rewards:

* Divinity Original Sin Digital Copy
* [BONUS] extra 20 Divinity Original Sin Digital Copies
* Divinity Dragon Commander Digital Copy
* Soundtrack Digital Download
* Developer's Cut Digital (Documents and Videos)
* Divinity Fan - digital copies of all Larian games released in the next ten years (!!!)
* Digital Artbook
* Digital Map
* Kirill's Early Work (Digital) - music "sketches" from Kirill Pokrovsky

Raffle Prizes:

* Signed Divinity Original Sin Kickstarter Box Copy with Printed Manual, Soundtrack CD, Artbook and Cloth Map
* Physical Signed Concept Art
* Limited Edition Zandalor's Cards​

The Codex stuff will be designed by committee for the benefit of all Codexians. We will also do the same with the Game Personalization codes, assuming that we can give those codes to anyone and everyone and they can experience a truly unique Codexian adventure.

The Digital Rewards will be held by the Codex (because like, digital) and we may give them away as part of some sort of competition. As for the Raffle Prizes though... Anyone who donates $20 or more goes into the raffle to win one of those three items. As per previous raffles, each $20 you donate is worth another raffle ticket (donate $200 = 10x raffle tickets), and you can only win one prize¹. Enter now!

¹NOTE: If you want your name excluded from certain prizes (to give yourself a higher chance to win something you want), say so in the comments thread for this news item.

Monty

Arcane
There won't just be those digital copies for DU to give out, think those are just a bonus on top of the regular $2500 tier. There is lots of other stuff like concept art, box copy, alpha access for someone, a donor gets to go to the release party, etc.

I assume the troll replaces the 'statue' you would normally get at $2500, probably the NPC and item too. Perhaps ForkTong could confirm?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061193343&postcount=77

crpgnut said:
I thought this site was for the more mature, established, audience and that the codex was full of immature folks who live in momma's basement. There are some major posters on RPGWatch that haven't given a dime, which is both amusing and disappointing. I'm surprised the European community of Watchers can't at least match me and Galaad too. Maybe we need our own bidding war of the Americas vs. the World. So far it'd be a slaughter in favor of the Americas
laugh2.gif

Mature enough for homosexuality, amirite?
laugh2.gif

ironyuri

I have an idea to raise more money, DarkUnderlord

For set amounts, 100USD, 200USD, etc. you could offer to "discourage" certain well-known Codex trolls by redirecting them to the RPGWatch.

Thus, raising money for an in-game Codex troll to bring down their Watchtower, by sending real Codex trolls to bring down the real Watchtower. We'd be entertained and you'd raise more money.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

crpgnut said:
I thought this site was for the more mature, established, audience and that the codex was full of immature folks who live in momma's basement. There are some major posters on RPGWatch that haven't given a dime, which is both amusing and disappointing. I'm surprised the European community of Watchers can't at least match me and Galaad too. Maybe we need our own bidding war of the Americas vs. the World. So far it'd be a slaughter in favor of the Americas
laugh2.gif

laugh2.gif
We should make him believe that Swen is as gay as a fruitcake, that would sabotage their efforts nicely.

Angthoron

Arcane

crpgnut said:
laugh2.gif

laugh2.gif
laugh2.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

crpgnut said:
laugh2.gif

laugh2.gif

l o l

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am not surprised that one of the best cRPG developers sickens the Watchwitz crowd.

Jashiin

Arcane

crpgnut said:
laugh2.gif

laugh2.gif
We should make him believe that Swen is as gay as a fruitcake, that would sabotage their efforts nicely.

Divinity: Original Sin was inspired by Swen wanting to play a great PRG with his "girlfriend" :codexisfor:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/62070-how-should-romance-be-handled/?p=1267521

crpgnut said:
I'm just curious at to the general preference for romance/sex options. Fallout New Vegas had one night stands, Veronica was gay, Cass was bi, Boone was hetero, and Arcade was gay. There wasn't a hetero female romance option in the game. You had to download a mod to have the most typical romance for a male. I found that completely weird, but since it was a Bethesda game and thus easily moddable, no big deal. I didn't play Dungeon Siege 3, but I thought the male/female romance in Alpha Protocal was understated, but well done. Since this game is isometric, I don't see the types of romance that were available in first person games as viable. Even though I'm strictly hetero, I hope that all branches of the spectrum are covered, but it seems like the understated, more innuendo than anything else, dialogue-heavy would be the best way to go.

:eek: What changed?

Jashiin

Arcane
his brother/best friend probably came out of the closet forcing him to confront the pettiness of his rage and unfounded fears of unwanted rear entry visits.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hmmm...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/62070-how-should-romance-be-handled/?p=1267521

crpgnut said:
I'm just curious at to the general preference for romance/sex options. Fallout New Vegas had one night stands, Veronica was gay, Cass was bi, Boone was hetero, and Arcade was gay. There wasn't a hetero female romance option in the game. You had to download a mod to have the most typical romance for a male. I found that completely weird, but since it was a Bethesda game and thus easily moddable, no big deal. I didn't play Dungeon Siege 3, but I thought the male/female romance in Alpha Protocal was understated, but well done. Since this game is isometric, I don't see the types of romance that were available in first person games as viable. Even though I'm strictly hetero, I hope that all branches of the spectrum are covered, but it seems like the understated, more innuendo than anything else, dialogue-heavy would be the best way to go.

:eek: What changed?

He's a troll?

I know, I know. Controversial.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There won't just be those digital copies for DU to give out, think those are just a bonus on top of the regular $2500 tier. There is lots of other stuff like concept art, box copy, alpha access for someone, a donor gets to go to the release party, etc.

Yes.

if we reach $2500 we get all of these (I highlighted the coolest ones):

Pledge $2,500 or more
Release Party
You think RPGs are epic? You clearly haven't joined a Larian Studios Release Party. This is your chance. You will be invited and expected to our Original Sin Release Party. Rest assured, anything that happens at the release party, stays at the release party. (You must be able to pay for travel and accommodations.)

1 of the 4 Statues
There are many strange locations, people, creatures and things to find in Original Sin. For instance, you may stumble upon four magical statues. Four crazy, lying statues, that have been granting wishes and making everyone's life miserable. We haven't named them yet. If you hurry, one of them will carry the name of your choosing (within the boundaries of our game world). This name will be in the final game! The statue in the game will even be custom modeled so that the 3D model in the game actually looks like you!

Kickstarter Potion
Zandalor's Epic Trunks of Intelligence
Signed Divinity Original Sin Kickstarter Box Copy with Printed Manual, Soundtrack CD, Artbook and Cloth Map
Divinity Original Sin Digital Copy
Soundtrack Digital Download
Message in the woods
Developer's Cut Digital (Documents and Videos)
Message in a Bottle
Engraving Tool
Beta Access
Listed in the Credits, Dragon Level
Name the Undead
Alpha Access
Name a Pet
Write a Dialog
Name a Henchman
Combo Designer
Divinity Fan
Physical Signed Concept Art
Create an Item
Become an NPC
Fan Day
Limited Edition Zandalor's Cards
Digital Artbook
Digital Map
Kirill's Early Work (Digital)
Any idea how these will be distributed among donors DU ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom