Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us bring down RPGwatch.com in Divinity: Original Sin

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Before I bump up my donation, I have a question for those familiar with how co-op works on two computers in the same household. I play games solo and without co-op or internet play. However, I think I'd like to play this game with my oldest child. Can I run this on two computers with the same household wireless network if I purchase one copy or would I need to purchase two copies? I have the money right now for one, but not two.
As far as I understand it you only need one copy.

Each person must have their own copy. That is why the tiers have TWO copies of DOS in them.
Actually no, I remembered Sven/David commented at the kickstarter page saying that since the game is drm-free you can just copy it and play co-op with only one initial copy, but it wouldn't be BRO if you did that.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's worth mentioning that many of the name an X (name the undead, message in the woods, mesage in a bottle, name a pet, write a dialogue etc) aren't actually going to be in the game for everyone. At least what the kickstarter tiers are promising is that you'll have to type in a personalized unlock code to see yours (and not anyone elses) in the game. Jailers, council member, henchmen etc are going to be there for everyone though.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's worth mentioning that many of the name an X (name the undead, message in the woods, mesage in a bottle, name a pet, write a dialogue etc) aren't actually going to be in the game for everyone. At least what the kickstarter tiers are promising is that you'll have to type in a personalized unlock code to see yours (and not anyone elses) in the game. Jailers, council member, henchmen etc are going to be there for everyone though.
I believe this has been changed, but you cannot edit the KS tiers description after campaign start.

Arkeus

Arcane
I believe this has been changed, but you cannot edit the KS tiers description after campaign start.
Yeah, it has been changed. They now appear in every copies.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Really you think editing a few paragraphs will take an "inordinate amount of time"?

Because I think it's probably going to take one guy at most one day to handle this.

This is an alarmingly naive stance, but I won't belabor the point. I do trust Larian almost implicitly; my problem isn't actually with them.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Really you think editing a few paragraphs will take an "inordinate amount of time"?

Because I think it's probably going to take one guy at most one day to handle this.

This is an alarmingly naive stance, but I won't belabor the point. I do trust Larian almost implicitly; my problem isn't actually with them.
dude
you stumble upon a tower and find a book that gives you +1 in spot trap or some shit
i think you're overreacting

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

burning-man-crude-awakening-tower-burn.jpg

:smug:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"Valar Dohaeris", said HiddenX as he met the gap between the Codex and the Watch fund raisers.

Little did he know, that the Codexian degenerates had been pimping their most youthful members out on the dark alleyways and gutters for weeks to raise funds...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I chipped in another $15. I don't have any more. Actually I didn't even have those $15, but whatever. Burn that tower!

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
@Inf
I'll wait until I can afford two copies. Good luck, 'Dex! :salute:

Somebody on the 'Dex can give you a spare copy, I'm sure.

True words :)

Alright, I'll chip in $15 more. After all, we have this thread which has been kind to many: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-rpg-codex-giftstravaganza-thread.78755/page-25

Update: Alright, I tossed in a total of $25, making it the first game I officially brought through a Kickstarter (also purchased Cleve's Grimoire through Indiegogo and donated $10 towards Codex's Torment 2 efforts). That's the last of my birthday money, Larian, and you burst my Kickstarter cherry, so don't disappoint.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope the "History of the Watch" will be written by Jaz. She's a professional author.

• About Jaz
    About Me
    First video game: Pong.
    I transferred to RPGWatch along with the rest of the inventory.
  • Interests
    Favorite RPGs
    I'd rather give my least favorite cRPGs instead - games I had a hard time finishing due to one or more fun-crippling feature(s):

- Dungeon Master 2
    - Fallout 1
    - Baldur's Gate 1/2
    - Dungeon Siege 1
    Favorite MMOs
    I prefer tactical MP shooters like Day of Defeat or Red Orchestra.
    Favorite Non-RPGs
    No. 1: Realms of the Haunting
    Favorite movies
    Let's make that TV series.
    Currently: Star Wars - The Clone Wars
    Favorite books
    :p
  • System Specifications
    OS
    Win8
    Hardware
    - PC, no idea what's inside at the moment
    - XBox 360+ Kinect
  • Signature
    Semper HiFi!
    Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Definitely a very :obviously: individual. :P

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dungeon Master 2? WAT.

1 turn based cRPG. 3 real-time cRPG's. DECLINE. Oh wait... it's the Watch, ;)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dungeon Master 2? WAT.

1 turn based cRPG. 3 real-time cRPG's. DECLINE. Oh wait... it's the Watch, ;)
Jaz said:
I'd rather give my least favorite cRPGs instead - games I had a hard time finishing due to one or more fun-crippling feature(s):

EDIT: ninja'd by felipepepepepepepepepe...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom