Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hero's Song by Pixelmage Games LLC

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm, I doubt, they'll make it.

Oh well...

8654446f9c8b8fe16213fbac53622db2e76ce0445d499d1ab9c4bb935120e7b1.jpg

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
...aaaaannd canceled, what a surprise :lol:

We're taking the Kickstarter down
Hello Everyone,

After looking at our funding levels and the reality that we aren't going to reach our funding goals, we've decided that the best thing to do is to end the Kickstarter. We sincerely appreciate all of the support we got from the backers and the Kickstarter community. This was our first Kickstarter and we made mistakes along the way. I want to acknowledge that right up front. We put a lot of time and effort into the Kickstarter, but it's obvious missing things like physical goods hampered our efforts. It's also fair to say because we're early that we didn't have enough gameplay to show the game off enough to get people over the hump.

So where do we go from here? Well the good news is that our Investors are backing us all the way and we're going to get Hero's Song done exactly when we said we would. I'm also happy to say that we've been able to do this without having to take money from publishers, something that was of key importance to us so that we could remain in creative control.

We'll be updating you all along the way.. holding development streams (on Cohhcarnage's stream on Twitch) and being completely transparent with our development process. You'll be hearing from us all the time and we'll be updating our website and all of you on a constant basis as we have cool stuff to show.

Thanks again for all the support you've shown, and thanks for the constructive criticism as well. We took that to heart and we've learned a lot from it.

Kickstarter remains an incredible source of both goodwill and community support, and we'll never forget the kindness our backers showed us.

Thanks and we'll see you soon!

Smed and the Pixelmage Games Team.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hopefully next time they jerk off less over random world generation and more over actually gameplay and interesting story. Nobody really cares how you generate the world that is first 5 minutes of gameplay.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder how Investor backing somehow means more creative control than publishers, those blokes would want a return no less than a publisher would.

Old Hans

Arcane
I love how the kickstarter failed, but don't worry the investors are backing it all the way anyways.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
...aaaaannd canceled, what a surprise :lol:

Thanks and we'll see you soon!

Smed and the Pixelmage Games Team.

I didn't even realize that this faglord was in charge. Good fucking riddance is all I have to say, and everyone who was actually interested in this project should beware. Smedley is a known figure in the MMO world and not in any positive kind of way.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Smedley is a known figure in the MMO world and not in any positive kind of way
Do tell.

Smedley was the head guy for SOE, Sony's MMO department. It was common of him to lie to the players while secretly mismanaging the projects in such a way that would eventually set them on the path of ruin. Eventually Sony let go of SOE and it became Daybreak Games, with Smed still as the company lead. However, after threatening a person, I believe it was on twitter, he stepped down from that position, in 2015. I guess this is what he was cooking after leaving Daybreak.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Smedley is a known figure in the MMO world and not in any positive kind of way
Do tell.

Smedley was the head guy for SOE, Sony's MMO department. It was common of him to lie to the players while secretly mismanaging the projects in such a way that would eventually set them on the path of ruin. Eventually Sony let go of SOE and it became Daybreak Games, with Smed still as the company lead. However, after threatening a person, I believe it was on twitter, he stepped down from that position, in 2015. I guess this is what he was cooking after leaving Daybreak.
That does sound bad.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What a surprise - game is cancelled. At least they're offering refunds.
http://www.pixelmagegames.com/

Hello Hero's Song Players,

It's with a heavy heart that I have to report that Pixelmage Games is going to be shutting down and we have ceased development on Hero's Song. For the last year, our team has worked tirelessly to make the game we've dreamed about making, and with your support, and the support of our investors, we were able to get the game into Early Access. Unfortunately sales fell short of what we needed to continue development. We knew going in that most startups don't make it, and as an indie game studio we hoped we would be the exception to that rule, but as it turned out we weren't.

We sincerely value our customers. You’re our most important focus and have been from day one. We’re going to offer 100% refunds to all of the people who bought Hero’s Song.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, crowdfunding through Early Access. At least they were honest enough to take the game down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom