Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hey Management, have the feds ever given you a warrant to hand over user data?

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
With all the perverts, degenerates, and all-around deplorables using this site, I'm sure more than one has turned up on some kind of federal watchlist. Has the FBI or other federal agency ever demanded that you give them any data on us?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
With all the perverts, degenerates, and all-around deplorables using this site, I'm sure more than one has turned up on some kind of federal watchlist. Has the FBI or other federal agency ever demanded that you give them any data on us?
always assume yes

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Spectral Pontifex you saying the Codex itself is an operation to lure the deplorables in where we can be more easily observed? Or is it not just the Codex, and everything is part of a big conspiracy? Am I asking you these questions to find out how much you really know about our operation?

ERYFKRAD reminds me of that article I read where some undercover narcs set up a big drug deal. Then when the deal went down, the buyers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the sellers were under arrest, at the same time the sellers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the buyers were under arrest.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
@ERYFKRAD reminds me of that article I read where some undercover narcs set up a big drug deal. Then when the deal went down, the buyers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the sellers were under arrest, at the same time the sellers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the buyers were under arrest
I read something similar, FBI arresting an entire group of political dissidents only to realise the the top dudes were all undercover.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
@ERYFKRAD reminds me of that article I read where some undercover narcs set up a big drug deal. Then when the deal went down, the buyers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the sellers were under arrest, at the same time the sellers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the buyers were under arrest.
Situation like this happened during Joseph Pistone time undercover, detailed in his memoirs. There was he, another undercover FBI agent and genuine mafioso Lefty Ruggerio opening a club in Florida.

There's even a picture - only the guy in the middle is an actual mafioso:

Donnie_Brasco.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
@ERYFKRAD reminds me of that article I read where some undercover narcs set up a big drug deal. Then when the deal went down, the buyers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the sellers were under arrest, at the same time the sellers revealed that they were undercover narcs and the buyers were under arrest.
Situation like this happened during Joseph Pistone time undercover, detailed in his memoirs. There was he, another undercover FBI agent and genuine mafioso Lefty Ruggerio opening a club in Florida.

There's even a picture - only the guy in the middle is an actual mafioso:

Donnie_Brasco.jpg
most notable mafia convictions have been purely bullshit and never should have been convicted btw

e.g., lucky luciano was never involved in prostitution

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
most notable mafia convictions have been purely bullshit and never should have been convicted btw
If we talk early on, yes. Luciano, Genovese, even Capone were prosecuted on bullshit cases.

But after Hoover croaked and FBI went in heavy, mafia crumbled for real.

Technology gave easy tools for surveillance and rico gave easy tool for intimidation. As a result, the avalanche of rats and evidence. Commission trial, Gotti, etc.

If not for war on terror, Italian mafia would have been done for.

Codex Year of the Donut
If we talk early on, yes. Luciano, Genovese, even Capone were prosecuted on bullshit cases.

But after Hoover croaked and FBI went in heavy, mafia crumbled for real.

Technology gave easy tools for surveillance and rico gave easy tool for intimidation. As a result, the avalanche of rats and evidence. Commission trial, Gotti, etc.

If not for war on terror, Italian mafia would have been done for.
It's kind of sad to think there are adults alive in USA right now that never knew the FBI could be competent.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
BTW, if we talk about FBI and mafia, undercover agents proved to be mostly useless. Even aforementioned Pistone - Donnie Brasco years of work led to quite underwhelming arrests.

The real heavy hitters were always surveillance and rats

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom