Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hibernaculum - sci-fi survival horror dungeon crawler from Wormwood Studios' Victor Pflug

Serus

Arcane
Patron
To be honest Arcancum completely broke for me when I realized I could scum switch realtime/turn based back in the day.

Might be a good time to reiterate my philosophy is basic;

Elvira felt atmospheric - keep.

I like EoB combat best - keep.

ADnD 2e was my edition in high school - use.

Lastly - make something unique because if not what's the point.

Sure, the only problem i have is that i subjectively dislike EOB combat and also think it's objectively bad. Combat based mostly on the ability to press buttons on regular basis - and i don't even mean button(s) to attack but to "dance" before enemies - is bad. Still, i respect your choices, at least you seem to know what kind of gameplay you are after which is more than some other developers. And the game does look very atmospheric.

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
To be honest Arcancum completely broke for me when I realized I could scum switch realtime/turn based back in the day.

Might be a good time to reiterate my philosophy is basic;

Elvira felt atmospheric - keep.

I like EoB combat best - keep.

ADnD 2e was my edition in high school - use.

Lastly - make something unique because if not what's the point.

Sure, the only problem i have is that i subjectively dislike EOB combat and also think it's objectively bad. Combat based mostly on the ability to press buttons on regular basis - and i don't even mean button(s) to attack but to "dance" before enemies - is bad. Still, i respect your choices, at least you seem to know what kind of gameplay you are after which is more than some other developers. And the game does look very atmospheric.

Thanks - although yeah tbh EoB did lack;

*environment/walls/objects affecting dice rolls
*persistent radius based effects (fog/smoke/radiation and so on)
*Hitboxes (damage hitbox based on enemy specs - ie flying enemy hits head height etc)
*ability to set traps/alarms or barricades
*ability to lock doors/prevent incursion during CAMP
*spells actually all working

and so on

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Notice our campaign didn't make too many flying high claims on this front - but I did guarantee tactics of survival - of needing to think before you act.

That is at the forefront of my approach re combat mechanics.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A brand new video format & new character build in HIBERNACULUM - SciFi/Horror RPG (links in BIO).

Here we break things down far more succinctly than previous entries, explain our version of crafting items during camp (Dungeons & Dragons style), and meander only somewhat across various RPG game & pop culture related topics in a more 'longform' style video format!

We slide hub-wise through a build of an Ersatz BODY type character, with it's various features & then finally ready up to punch our way down into the void.

...Tell me about the Mutoid rabbits, George.

Links in BIO - like, sub & slam that bell icon for rapidly incoming updates regarding Hibernaculum; our flagship project & also we will also be delving into my own history over the past decade, in the game development community.

All audio tracks used in this video are original OST/music composed & created by Victor Pflug.

Game footage;
@SorcererDave
@thriftweeds
@nopef1sh642

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer

A brand new video format & new character build in HIBERNACULUM - SciFi/Horror RPG (links in BIO).

Here we break things down far more succinctly than previous entries, explain our version of crafting items during camp (Dungeons & Dragons style), and meander only somewhat across various RPG game & pop culture related topics in a more 'longform' style video format!

We slide hub-wise through a build of an Ersatz BODY type character, with it's various features & then finally ready up to punch our way down into the void.

...Tell me about the Mutoid rabbits, George.

Links in BIO - like, sub & slam that bell icon for rapidly incoming updates regarding Hibernaculum; our flagship project & also we will also be delving into my own history over the past decade, in the game development community.

All audio tracks used in this video are original OST/music composed & created by Victor Pflug.

Game footage;
@SorcererDave
@thriftweeds
@nopef1sh642

I'll grant you this Infinitron - you're damn fast.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hibernaculumgame/hibernaculum-survival-horror-rpg/posts/4048808

Hibernaculum Full Character Generator Playthrough Update​

Greetings, fellow Hibernians!

I'm incredibly pleased to present to you all a longform style video detailing a complete run-through of an Ersatz BODY type character being created for use in Hibernaculum;

For those unfamiliar with our YouTube channel - we are building up our presence on the platform & have & will be posting a lot of our more detailed content about Hiber there - as opposed to being spread across Twitter, Discord etc.

Those outlets will still have the same solid content updates but there's just going to be a lot MORE on YouTube from now on - so if you would like to stay right up to date with the state of the build, discuss ideas for implementation or simply shoot the breeze about old school dungeon crawlers then head on over, like, subscribe and say hi!

We'll be happy to have you aboard there & we are also soon to be releasing a multi-part series on my own history as a game developer (Victor Pflug/Mords) within the community over the past decade plus - leading up to & including our crowdfunding campaign here on Kickstarter.

There's a lot to cover & I look forward to sharing this with you all - more than I can say to be honest.

Be seeing you ;)

64369e5b4b3a4ce50b8ba46bc0ad3656_original.png
"Stay off the streets or get snuffed by Worm King."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom