Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hideo Kojima leaves Konami - Update: Founds his own studio, new game funded by Sony

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
At least the engine won't be going to waste.

Should be interesting to see how many people are loyal to the man versus those loyal to the brand. :M

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hideo's name is a damn strong brand as well-
I think all the times he stamped "A Hideo Kojima Game" on his stuff are gonna help him out just fine.

ortucis

Prophet
Hideo's name is a damn strong brand as well-
I think all the times he stamped "A Hideo Kojima Game" on his stuff are gonna help him out just fine.

I have never played a MGS game but saw someone playing the new on on YouTube.

Holy shit that game has "A Hideo Kojima Game" plastered all over it. I was laughing so much, it was pretty entertaining.

The game itself was so-so though.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
If his new "studio" right now consists of 4 people, and he wants to make another AAA production, I predict this game will be a cross-platform PS4/PS5 title because there's no chance in hell he finishes this within the current console cycle.

Perkel

Arcane
If his new "studio" right now consists of 4 people, and he wants to make another AAA production, I predict this game will be a cross-platform PS4/PS5 title because there's no chance in hell he finishes this within the current console cycle.

They have technical director for Fox Engine
They have Art director for MGS
They have Kojima for his writing and scripts and direction.
And they have Sony money + probably devs from their Japan studio to work with (which isn't unheard off for Japan studio)
Kojima also said that he wants to do first smaller titles first to establish new IPs.

2 years max for their new game to hit shelves and 5% to coming to PC.

Soph

Educated
I'd prefer Kojima to build something for PC from the ground up, so much more possible that way.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
It's a PS4 time exclusive. It will guaranteed come to PC at a later date.
Yeah, Sony doesn't see PC as competitor too. Unless Sony is paying for the development, if so, it'll not be released on PC.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal...s_also_coming_to_pc_wont_be_silent_hills.html

Q6. What other platforms will Kojima’s first independent title be available on, besides PS4?
The title is planned to become available on PC (after PS4).

Viata

Arcane
It's a PS4 time exclusive. It will guaranteed come to PC at a later date.
Yeah, Sony doesn't see PC as competitor too. Unless Sony is paying for the development, if so, it'll not be released on PC.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal...s_also_coming_to_pc_wont_be_silent_hills.html

Q6. What other platforms will Kojima’s first independent title be available on, besides PS4?
The title is planned to become available on PC (after PS4).
Oh. Wish Sony did the same with their other exclusive games.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Their website has a big hiring section.

Viata

Arcane

TedNugent

Arcane
Sony swept that motherfucker up like he was going out of style

I have to say, I like the partnership, even if I may never own another Playstation. I feel strongly that if nothing else, Sony will respect his creative talents.

Really frightening to see that Konami really was that dismissive of probably their best asset to come along in the last 15 years.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Really frightening to see that Konami really was that dismissive of probably their best asset to come along in the last 15 years.

Mobile games and pachinko give them much higher ROI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom