Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Higher Ground -A Neverwinter Nights Server with a difference

Sabregirl

Scholar
I'm not sure Neverwinter Nights normally would qualify for the *Massively* part of the MMO, but there is a server out there which continues to have a capacity for approximately 200 players at any one time via 12 linked servers with between 20 and 12 player slots available. That server is Higher Ground.

Some of our members liken it to Guild Wars and WoW but better. :P

It is very action oriented, strives for a balance of all classes, the play is primarily Player versus Monster, though PvP does exist through the guild system. The servers are supported completely by player donation and so it is FREE to play.

Higher Ground is a highly customized from original NWN, and includes up to level 60 with new spells, class abilities and VFX specific to the module. Groups of skilled players are necessary to defeat the hardest areas. Maximum party size is set at 10 but smaller parties may also be effective in some areas.

The module is constantly being updated with new areas coming online all of the time, our most recent ones included Elysium, Aboleths and the Pit of Moilation.

We've just completed our newest promo video:

http://www.xfire.com/video/2884d/

Forums:
http://highergroundpoa.proboards3.com/

You'll have to Buy Neverwinter Nights to be able to play - but being an older game it is incredibly cheap. You will need the newest version of the community expansion pack to play.

-S

Sabregirl

Scholar
There's been some changes to Higher Ground lately - we've moved to a new server that's more powerful!

The server IPs include:

Hub 1
174.129.216.110;5121

Hub 2
174.129.218.11;5121

Hub 3
174.129.218.12;5121

From these three main hubs you can play or jump onto smaller servers to do major runs in a lag free environment using the !portal command. For example, !portal 314 will jump you to server 314.

These web pages can give you information about called runs when you're at your desktop and tell you who is online

For run shouts look here
http://info.hgweb.org/messagelog.html

For online players - check here
http://hgweb.acaos.webfactional.com/inf ... rlist.html

The Higher Ground Dev team has added a lot of new content that has transformed this 2002 game to make it fresh and pretty. You don't need the extra hak, but adding it to the game will give you access to all the new features and Vfx.

Here's a link to the hak on the servers wiki site.

http://wiki.hgweb.org/wiki/Hg_enhanced

-S

Data4

Arcane
Sabregirl, not to hijack your thread or anything, but on behalf of the rest of the Codex, I feel I must ask you this question:

You're not a tranny are you?

Sabregirl

Scholar
*blinks*

Wow that came out of left field . . . . lol. Very much female here - you can ask my husband. :D

To think I was almost missing you guys . . . . :wink:

-S

Data4

Arcane
Sabregirl said:
*blinks*

Wow that came out of left field . . . . lol. Very much female here - you can ask my husband. :D

-S

Ah yeah, see... about that. Um, well, it's just that lately our resident females have turned out to be... ah, well... NOT natural born females. There's an air of uncertainty around here, y'see. Meant no personal offense.

Data4 said:
Sabregirl said:
*blinks*

-S

Ah yeah, see... about that. Um, well, it's just that lately our resident females have turned out to be... ah, well... NOT natural born females. There's an air of uncertainty around here, y'see. Meant no personal offense.

Examples?

Sabregirl

Scholar
Well to stay on topic and partly reply again . . there are plenty of *real* ladies that play on HG. Of course most of them play with their boyfriends or husbands, but there are a few singletons running around. And you can always find out if they're what they say they are via a teamspeak server. ;)

I honestly think at least some codexers might like this sever - while it's not at all role playing in the sense of a single player cRPG, it does demand a high level of strategy in building and in playing. It's what's kept so many intelligent people interested in the game for years at a time. Plus of course the longtime friends you develop, there's even one couple that met on HG. :)

Specifically to your "interesting demographic", I find it rather fascinating the sort of crowd this site attracts sometimes - so I can't say I'm really surprised at your "revelation". ^_^

-S

male25.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom