Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Himeko Sutori, tactical JRPG, 100+ unit armies

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Angelo85 Thank you so much for the feedback. This is very helpful. I'll see what I can do to ease players into the game.

And if you have some time to poke around, I'd also like to see what you think about the expansion. You can see it if you change the campaign from the main menu. There's not a lot there yet, but you can get a little glimpse of what I'm working on now.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
And by the way, I just added a change that increases the game's gravity if you have fast movement turned on. That should prevent you from flying off the map from now on. Thanks for telling me about that. I'm still working on other stuff.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Ah that's awesome. I actually did have two other instances where the high walking speed in concert with momentum/height difference caused my character to get stuck, so that's really nice you already looked into and fixed it! (one while moving upstairs inside a building, the character got flung forward due to her momentum and stuck halfway inside the floor upstairs. The other was in the desert town with the arena. While exiting the leader's building moving south I got flung inside a wooden post/pole and stuck).

Still having fun with the game, also left a positive Steam Review.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I encountered a fluff wise major thing... bug or variable error. Slight spoiler for the Story following:

Before doing the Main Quest "Emperor's Call to Arms" and before traveling through the River Gate even once I visited Halgadir Outpost and encountered Cribbin already there even though all the stuff with the Emperor and
Sir Hamish hadn't happened yet (so also waaay before I reported back the conclusion of "Emperor'S Call to Arms" to Cribbin at Icy Reach and before the council meeting). And the conversation was as if all the stuff with the Emperor, Council Meeting, Ambush etc. already happened.
So my uneducated guess would be that a variable that is supposed to let Cribbin and his Entourage spawn at Halgadir Outpost only after finishing the previous Quest is messed up for some reason and spawns them before.

I don't know if this bug is in my game specifically or if it's there for everyone and no one bothered to report it or didn't explore this particular location before the story guided them there.
If you need a Savegame to check variables or whatever I could provide one from before finishing the spoilered Main Quest; you would have to let me know in which Folder/Path the Savegame files can be found (running Windows) though.

Last edited:

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Yeah, that's a pretty big bug Angelo85. I can't believe no one would have visited that location out of order, so someone must have seen that bug before. I suppose because it's not game-breaking, probably no one thought it was a big deal. I don't think I need the saved game yet; I know which variables the game looks at to decide which cutscenes/NPCs/whatever to load. But just so you know, the saved games are in your Steam library folder in Himeko Sutori\Binaries\Win64. They'll be named MainSaveGame1-6 or MainAutosave. Thanks again for the info!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom