Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Sure that collecting stuff is kinda lame, but I could easily argue most of the guns are also superfluous as I have yet to use anything other than pistol and sniper after playing through both nu-Hitmans.

Its just stuff to scratch that itch for collectophiles.

But they could have easily done something like MKII lockpicks pick 5% faster etc, just so you feel its gaining something.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
I dunno if it's just me but it seems like the thumbnail and other parts of the video seems to make his face look a bit more stern like in previous titles (also glad they're at least using some classy music than something painfully shit).

ja60gi.PNG

39hokv.PNG

3oymuf.jpg

(honestly could just be the lighting in the trailer being dark)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I really hope the feeling of "banks are evil", "bankers are bloodsuckers", "capitalism is heartless exploitation of others" that I am getting from this trailer is not the running theme of the mission itself.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Im just happy we have a bank level, I actually prefer the more 'mundane' locations over the 'exotic'. I think its because the stakes feel higher trying to stealth through civilian locations as compared to gunning down generic cartel/mafia/militia mooks.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got the list, poisoned the Entertainer, no bodies found etc. Did not get Silent Assassin

:rpgcodex:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i screwed up in finding the list. i thought it was the guy who you can peek from the club bathroom, so i blew him up with candle and gas leak, turned out it's the woman outside lel.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You guys are doing great!

Just wish you wouldn't lock out elusive targets.

Yeah, just started to play again, and seeing all those missed targets just pisses me off. So much content locked away for some reason. I wanna kill Sean Bean for fucks sake.

This design is just the fucking worst. Even worse than micro transactions.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, PowerTorment , I apologize if my 2-year old asking me to go to the underground parking and go in and out of the same underpass in Miami is messing up your telemetry statistics about player walking patterns :D

Terra

Cipher
Yeah, Elusives would be much better handled if they were unlocked on their release date and then it was left up to the player as to when they make their attempt, instead of restricting it to a 1~ week period of IO's choosing. Having to keep a 100GB game installed and randomly play new content at IO's convenience for a portion of the game that shouldn't even have an online dependency is off-putting. I'd hoped that they'd move away from that model after breaking away from Square, they've missed the key fact that as good as Hitman 2 is, sometimes I'm just not in the mood to play it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the Elusive Targets system is cool. I like that call to action, the sense of immediacy. The only thing I would change is that if you miss the window, that target is still out there and a new window might appear some time later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom