Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by LESS T_T, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Alphons Learned

Alphons
    Gold Edition doesn't have Legacy Pack- it must be bought separately.

There're 2 versions of Legacy Pack- GOTY and normal. GOTY has everything normal has + mini- campaign (all right, but maps are reskins, not brand new) + some extra items.

^ Top  
  2. Silva Arcane

Silva
    I've read a Legacy pack FAQ explaining if you got the Hitman 1 GOTY (my case) you can unlock the Gold Legacy pack for free. The correct way to do it, according to this FAQ, is installing Hitman 1 first and then installing Hitman 2 and enabling the Legacy pack through an option inside it.

I'll try this.

^ Top  
  3. RNGsus Sturmreiter

RNGsus
    I like this game but the way its purchased is fucking stupid.

• what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    This game was sold in a very normal way, so not sure what you mean. Base game and expansion pass. It's the first one that was episodic.

^ Top  
  5. RNGsus Sturmreiter

RNGsus
    And episodic is bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Usually I'd agree but for this format I actually think it works pretty well. Every map is kind of a game in itself, and waiting a couple months for the next one encourages you to really finish the last one, and builds anticipation. It's not like the Telltale model where the story would obviously be better if done all at once, with interconnected locations. Also it's not like you'd get a complete game any sooner, so you can just wait for them to all be out. Fans of the series seem divided right down the middle on which is better though, so you're far from alone.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. RNGsus Sturmreiter

RNGsus
    It doesn't suck so bad, I usually wait a year for a decent sale anyhow.

^ Top  
  8. Maggot Magister Patron

Maggot
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    PowerTorment Why is the Hitman 2016 GOTY pack on sale but not the 2016 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.