Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

kangaxx

Arbiter
The Bank is an amazing level that's perfect for the series, it's a shame many probably missed it because it was DLC.

Is that so? It's been sitting in my DLC pile for some time... never got round to it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Bank is an amazing level that's perfect for the series, it's a shame many probably missed it because it was DLC.
I almost 100%-ed it but my son insists that I play Miami only, so I can't give the DLCs all the attention I normally give to locations.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I bet you the game will still virtue signal about their "diverse dev team" on startup screen, and all women in the game will be flat-chested and lack any boob physics. Also, since one of the women in Hitman 2 was trans, they'll probably put 10 of them in Hitman 3.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I bet you the game will still virtue signal about their "diverse dev team" on startup screen, and all women in the game will be flat-chested and lack any boob physics. Also, since one of the women in Hitman 2 was trans, they'll probably put 10 of them in Hitman 3.

Have no idea who you're talking about and I put 200 hours into the game, so I'm guessing it's subtle, eh? Also these two games have dressed women more like women than most games lately, by far.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Have no idea who you're talking about and I put 200 hours into the game, so I'm guessing it's subtle, eh? Also these two games have dressed women more like women than most games lately, by far.
xBOoDl5.png

There you have screenshot.

--------
Also shitters who made shit team that made stuff like online crap. Can you return ability to shoot through walls that was removed from Hitman in Hitman 2? Also stop locking stuff behind online crap. If you wanna to lock part of gameplay this way, release the rest without DRM, at least it would be more stable. Also make proper game, locking stuff behind xp like shit to force replaying one map multiple times, well what you did can't beat proper game design.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guess what gonna be my first d1p next year:hype:
Know what aged poorly? My comment in this thread, #11.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

Welcome to the HITMAN 3 Pre-launch guide. This blog post will be our place to share in-depth details about HITMAN 3, including how to carryover your progression, our new Access Pass system, what to expect on launch day and more.

We are excited to see all of our players embark on Agent 47’s next journey and experience the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy.

Before you start reading, this is how the game begins.

Release Details
Pre-load
It will be possible to pre-load HITMAN 3 on PlayStation and Xbox platforms. Make sure that you’ve configured your console to do that and the downloads will begin when they have been prepared and certified. On PC, there won’t be a pre-load option for HITMAN 3 and downloads will begin at the above release time.

(For PS4 and PS5 owners in Asia, please note that HITMAN 3 will not be available for pre-order or pre-load. This is due to recent changes in the age ratings systems in those regions. HITMAN 3 will be available for purchase at the above time.)

Game Size
HITMAN 3 will take up approximately 60-70 GB of storage space on all platforms, with the obvious exceptions of Stadia and Switch. The data that you download will also include all the content required to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 – but you are still required to own/purchase access to those games. To underline that; purchasing HITMAN 3 does not grant access to the previous two games by default.

Using this method allows us to reduce the file size for all players to 60-70 GB and has the benefit of making the process of redeeming or purchase access to HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 as simple as possible. (We talk about that more later). Also, we want to clarify that reducing the file size doesn’t mean that we’ve made any compromises on the visual/audio quality of the game. If you’re curious about the technical aspects that made this possible, we recently talked to PC Gamer about it.

HITMAN 3 - Editions
There are two editions of HITMAN 3; The Standard Edition and the Deluxe Edition.

– The Standard Edition includes the HITMAN 3 base game. Nice and simple.
– The Deluxe Edition includes the HITMAN 3 base game and the Deluxe Pack. Again, nice and simple.

The only difference between the two editions is the Deluxe Pack, which includes 6 Deluxe Escalations, in-game suits, items and weapons, a digital soundtrack for each game in the World of Assassination trilogy, an introduction to each HITMAN 3 campaign mission by the Game Director and a digital artbook that highlights the characters, targets and missions included in the trilogy. A free IOI Account is required to download the digital soundtracks and World of HITMAN Art Book.

Here’s a visual look at everything that’s packed into the HITMAN 3 Deluxe Edition:

When making a physical disc purchase, you’ll need to insert the current gen disc into your next gen console and you’ll be able to download the next-gen version for no additional cost. Simply keep the disc in your machine whenever you want to play and you’ll be good to go.

Pre-order Bonus
The HITMAN 3 pre-order bonus celebrates all three games in the World of Assassination trilogy. Introducing the Trinity Pack. You’ll get it just by pre-ordering the game, no matter what platform or edition.

The Trinity Pack includes a total of 9 items, with 3 distinct sets that represent a different game from the trilogy. Each set includes a suit, briefcase and weapon. From the White of HITMAN 1, the Red of HITMAN 2 or the Black of HITMAN 3, you’ll have all 9 items in your inventory to mix and match as you like. The classic Hitman insignia is etched onto the items in gold to add an elegant flourish.

Note: The Trinity Pack will not be included with either the Standard Edition or Deluxe Edition after January 20.

At selected retailers, pre-ordering a physical edition of HITMAN 3 will also include an exclusive physical passport. This unique item is filled with details and references from Agent 47’s career and commemorates 20 years of Hitman. See the list of retailers in our previous pre-order blog post.

Progression Carryover
All current HITMAN 2 players will be able to carryover their hard-earned progression into HITMAN 3.

After completing the carryover process, HITMAN 2 players will be able to start HITMAN 3 with their existing player profile, XP rank, location mastery levels, location mastery unlocks, challenge progress, challenge unlocks and Elusive Target suits/unlocks. All of those things are what we call ‘progression’. It’s not possible to pick and choose elements to carryover. It’s all or nothing.

The carryover process requires an IOI Account and can only be done through a web browser, it’s not possible to do it in-game. We will have the website ready to go before launch, but it is not live yet. Once it is ready, we will share the news via ioi.dk and update this post.

Here’s more about how it will work:

– Progression can only be carried over from HITMAN 2, including progression you have from the Legacy Pack (HITMAN 1 locations within HITMAN 2).

– Progression can only be carried over from within the same platform. There are only three options:

HITMAN 2 (PlayStation) → HITMAN 3 (PlayStation)
HITMAN 2 (Xbox) → HITMAN 3 (Xbox)
HITMAN 2 (PC/Steam) → HITMAN 3 (PC/Epic)

Note: “PlayStation” = PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5.
“Xbox” = Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X.

Essentially, it doesn’t matter what specific console you have earned progression on. It only matters that progression can only move forward and within the same console ‘family’.

– Progression carryover is a one-time process, meaning once you have performed a carryover for a particular platform, you will not be able to do so again at a later time.

– If you have played HITMAN 2 on multiple platforms, you CAN perform a carryover for EACH of those profiles, but only within the same platform, as listed above. For example, if you play H2 on Xbox and PlayStation, you can carryover your H2 Xbox progression into H3 Xbox and independently carryover your H2 PlayStation progress into H3 PlayStation.

– When you complete the carryover process, your existing HITMAN 2 progress will remain as it is (i.e it will not be removed/deleted). However, your progression in H2 and H3 will NOT be synchronised.

– If you have already started playing HITMAN 3 and THEN choose to perform the progression carryover process, you will lose all progression earned within HITMAN 3 up to that point. We recommend you carryover progress before starting HITMAN 3.

What exactly will be carried over?

When you start the process, you will need to select an account that you have linked to your IOI Account. You will then be able to review the HITMAN 2 progress earned on that account and confirm that you want to perform the carryover process into HITMAN 3.

The following progression will be included in the carryover process: player profile, XP rank, location mastery levels, location mastery unlocks, challenge progress, challenge unlocks and Elusive Target suits/unlocks. Savegame files are not carried over.

Note that there are a small amount of items/unlocks that are not carried over through this process, such as the rewards unlocked through the HITMAN 1 GOTY Escalations, becuase they are linked to a purchase. Those items will be available in HITMAN 3 when you redeem access to the associated content. In addition, the ICA Electrocution Phone has been retired and will not be available in HITMAN 3.

Access Pass FAQ
HITMAN 3 allows players to access locations from the previous games in the trilogy (H1 and H2) and play them all under one roof. Essentially, we have setup H1 and H2 as DLC for HITMAN 3. You can buy or redeem/download an Access Pass and get access to its content within H3. For example, if you buy the HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass DLC for HITMAN 3, you’ll get access to the locations and missions included in the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition within HITMAN 3.

In addition to the option of purchasing an Access Pass, it is also possible to redeem/download an Access Pass for no additional cost, if you have already purchased that content from the same store that you have pre-ordered or purchased HITMAN 3.

To make this happen, we detect what you already have installed for HITMAN 2 and can make the corresponding Access Pass available for no additional cost on the same store.
Note: If you only own HITMAN 1, you will need to import that content into HITMAN 2 first, via the instructions in our Legacy Pack FAQ.

This process will work between console generations. For example, if you own HITMAN 2 on PS4, you’ll be able to download the HITMAN 2 Access Pass DLC in HITMAN 3 for both PS4 and PS5. The same applies for the Xbox family of consoles as well.

We know that’s a lot of information, but once you’ve seen all of the Access Pass options, and there are five in total, it will make more sense.

HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass
Includes: Locations and missions currently available in the HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition: ICA Facility, Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado, Hokkaido, 3x GOTY Escalations and rewards and 4x Patient Zero campaign missions

How to get it
– Consoles: If you have previously downloaded the HITMAN 1 Legacy Pack, HITMAN 1 GOTY Legacy Pack or HITMAN 1 GOTY Upgrade for HITMAN 2, you will be able to download it for no additional cost. (Yes, that’s a free upgrade to the GOTY Edition if you only own the Standard Edition of H1!). The price for this Access Pass will be listed as ‘free’ when you look for it in the store.
– Disc: If you own a version of H1 on disc, you must follow the process in the Legacy Pack FAQ to access that content in HITMAN 2 – and then redeem this Access Pass.

– PC (Epic): If you pre-purchase or purchase HITMAN 3 on EGS within the first 10 days of launch, you will be granted the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass for no additional charge. In addition, if you own or redeemed a free copy of HITMAN – The Complete First Season on EGS when it was available for free, you will be able to download this Access Pass at any time after purchasing HITMAN 3.

HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass
Includes: Locations and missions currently available in the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition: Hawke’s Bay, Miami, Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail, plus 1x Sniper Assassin map: Himmelstein

How to get it
– Consoles: If you own a digital copy of HITMAN 2 Standard Edition or HITMAN 2 Silver/Gold, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost. The price for this Access Pass will be listed as ‘free’ when you look for it in the store.

– Disc: [See below]

– PC (Epic): As HITMAN 2 is not available on EGS, we have set up an 80% discount for this Access Pass for the first 14 days after HITMAN 3’s launch.

HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass [DISC]
Includes: Locations and missions currently available in the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition: Hawke’s Bay, Miami, Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail, plus 1x Sniper Assassin map: Himmelstein

How to get it
– Consoles: If you own a physical disc copy of HITMAN 2 Standard Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost through the HITMAN 2 in-game store. (You will see the full listing price if you look for the Access Pass in the PS/Xbox store as a disc owner.) On Xbox, you also need to own a digital copy of either HITMAN 3 or the HITMAN 2 Free Starter Pack before navigating to the in-game store.

HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass
Includes: Locations and missions currently available in the HITMAN 2 Gold Edition: Hawke’s Bay, Miami, Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail, New York, Haven Island, plus 3x Sniper Assassin maps: Himmelstein, Hantu Port, Siberia and 4x Special Assignments.

How to get it
– Consoles: If you own a digital copy of HITMAN 2 Gold Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost. The price for this Access Pass will be listed as ‘free’ when you look for it in the store.
– Disc: If you bought HITMAN 2 Gold Edition on Disc, it will have included a download code for the HITMAN 2 Expansion Pass; you need to use that to get access to the content from the Gold Edition. See below.
– PC (Epic): As HITMAN 2 is not available on EGS, we have set up an 80% discount for this Access Pass for the first 14 days after HITMAN 3’s launch. It will also grant access to the HITMAN 2 Expansion Access Pass.

HITMAN 2 Expansion Access Pass
Includes: Locations and missions currently available in the HITMAN 2 Expansion Pass: New York, Haven Island, plus 3x Sniper Assassin maps: Himmelstein, Hantu Port, Siberia and 4x Special Assignments.

How to get it
– Consoles: If you own a digital copy of HITMAN 2 Gold Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost. The price for the Access Pass will be listed as ‘free’ when you look for it in the store.
– Disc: If you own a physical copy of HITMAN 2 Gold Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost because a download code for the HITMAN 2 Expansion Pass was included in the box. If you have redeemed that code, the price for this Access Pass will be listed as ‘free’ when you look for it in the store.

HITMAN 3 Access Pass on PC
We’ve done everything possible to make this process smooth and player-friendly. However, due to various circumstances out of our control, we want to acknowledge that the process is different to our initial plans for PC players. We also want to share some of the initiatives we’ve set-up to make sure that PC players the chance to keep enjoying the benefits of the World of Assassination.

• The HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass will be available to claim in the first 10 days after launch for anyone who purchases (or has pre-ordered) any edition of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store.
  • Owners of HITMAN 1 on EGS (including all players who claimed it when it was available for free in August) will get a free upgrade to the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass at any time after purchasing HITMAN 3.
  • The HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass and HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass will be 80% off for 14 days after the launch of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store and will continue to be discounted regularly.
Our hope is that these initiatives help to ensure all HITMAN 3 PC players can able to enjoy the new game with full access to HITMAN 1 and their progression carried over as a minimum.

TL;DR: no preload on PC. Also hey dickbag, I know you own Hitman 2, you have progression to register on our site after all, but sadly you have to buy the access pack to play season 2 levels in season 3.

A small fucking reminder that Whittleton Creak and New York are getting new mastery levels. I'd love to 100% these maps again, but to do so I have to rebuy the game which I already fucking preordered Gold edition for back in November 2018.

I feel fucking stabbed in the back. I tried so hard to defend them and their online only, limited events bullshit because their games are so great and Blood Money is still in my top 5 of all time. But god damn this is just, indefensible.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Yeah they're clearly eager to wash their hands, cash in and move on after 5 years of this. What a perfect conclusion to the mess of negative press and bad decisions that've weighed down these games. Episodic to Independent to Exclusive to This. What a goddamn shame.

I suppose there's scant hope this won't be the case in a year when it drops on Steam since their bullshit justification of Season 2 not being on EGS won't work, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
TL;DR: no preload on PC. Also hey dickbag, I know you own Hitman 2, you have progression to register on our site after all, but sadly you have to buy the access pack to play season 2 levels in season 3.

A small fucking reminder that Whittleton Creak and New York are getting new mastery levels. I'd love to 100% these maps again, but to do so I have to rebuy the game which I already fucking preordered Gold edition for back in November 2018.

I feel fucking stabbed in the back. I tried so hard to defend them and their online only, limited events bullshit because their games are so great and Blood Money is still in my top 5 of all time. But god damn this is just, indefensible.
It's moments like these where I pour myself one for the fact that I bought both Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 at 50% off.
:excellent:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

LOOK CLOSER. Every single woman in NU HITMAN has A/B-sized sag-tits which don't move at all. Now compare that to every Hitman game before this series.

Mixed emotions. Games are great themselves once you play them. But marketing, exclusivity deals, confusion in various packages, pre-order bonuses, exclusive content for PS4 etc. is just horrible. It's like more the games are better more everything else sucks. "You want to play the game? Show us how to jump under kitchen sink, you sucker." Reasonable punishment is just wait for Steam release.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Does that IOI dev still read/post on here? If so: what on earth are your suits thinking?!

I'll just wait a year+ until you've fixed the game and released all the content, then buy it as cheaply as possible on Steam. Don't treat your fans like idiots.

Now I feel glad for pirating the games and not giving IO a penny. As I swore to do after that bullshit Jeff Gurstman fiasco at Gamespot with Kane & Lynch.

Hitman 1 & 2 were good. But not so good that I'd reward the devs with my money and compromise my values.

Look at it this way, Chang. There was absolutely no good reason for this game to release solely on Epic. Knowing that content wouldn't carry over from Steam. IOI did that knowingly out of greed. The game could've released on Steam and had free content upgrades if you owned the previous games. Especially considering they give you the fucking files anyway to waste space on your drive. Well, at least that's going to make the game easier to crack and download.

Alphons

Cipher
Even though this is far from ideal and it’s something that saddens me, I do think that in the end we have fallen under a habit of being entitled, thinking IO owe us. That they should just give it away for free, like any other platforms.

Majority of HMF rightfully called out IO, but I found this gem above.
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/h3-pre-launch-guide-progression-carryover/1989/36

Gamers and their entitlement, am I right?
They already gave you 80% discount for a game you already own.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
I was initially sympathetic to IO given their self-publishing situation so I could understand having to make a few deals to stay afloat. But after how much they've whored out with various deals at this point (EGS deal, PSVR deal, Nintendo Switch Cloud deal, Intel deal, and Stadia deal) and now this, I really doubt H3 is something that'll even be on my radar until it hits literal bargain bin price.

Also it seems like they're still doubling down on the online bullshit as well despite being one of the most hated aspects of 2016 and H2.

gke91i.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's pretty funny they blame this on their Epic exclusivity, as if that's not a choice they themselves made.

Anyway, I am pissed off but will wait to see HOW pissed off until the price of the Hitman 2 pack is shown. If it's $20 and 80% off then I'm not gonna get too much sand in my vagina over $2, even though it's bullshit. If it's $60 and $12.50 then it's a huge fuck you to IOI.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Even though this is far from ideal and it’s something that saddens me, I do think that in the end we have fallen under a habit of being entitled, thinking IO owe us. That they should just give it away for free, like any other platforms.

Majority of HMF rightfully called out IO, but I found this gem above.
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/h3-pre-launch-guide-progression-carryover/1989/36

Gamers and their entitlement, am I right?
They already gave you 80% discount for a game you already own.

That guy reminds me of the 'forced to drink milk' meme.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's also worth mentioning that if somebody owns and played season 1 on Steam, but for some reasons didn't get free season 1 on EGS back then (that's me, I don't get EGS free games that I already own on other platforms), and they don't plan on buying season 3 at launch, they'll also lose season 1 content in 3.

Which means, jokes on you if you decided to wait for sale on season 3.

Scummy level 1000.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Does that IOI dev still read/post on here? If so: what on earth are your suits thinking?!

I'll just wait a year+ until you've fixed the game and released all the content, then buy it as cheaply as possible on Steam. Don't treat your fans like idiots.
He was only here because it was his day job.

Last post is from Oct 19 2019. Last login from Nov 20 2020.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Now I feel glad for pirating the games and not giving IO a penny. As I swore to do after that bullshit Jeff Gurstman fiasco at Gamespot with Kane & Lynch.

Hitman 1 & 2 were good. But not so good that I'd reward the devs with my money and compromise my values.

Look at it this way, Chang. There was absolutely no good reason for this game to release solely on Epic. Knowing that content wouldn't carry over from Steam. IOI did that knowingly out of greed. The game could've released on Steam and had free content upgrades if you owned the previous games. Especially considering they give you the fucking files anyway to waste space on your drive. Well, at least that's going to make the game easier to crack and download.
The ultimate sign of brand weakness is whoring out your game in an exclusivity deal. A healthy brand's calculations would always point to a release at multiple marketplaces being more profitable than an exclusivity deal. It's no wonder they are not making any more Hitman games in the foreseeable future.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The ultimate sign of brand weakness is whoring out your game in an exclusivity deal. A healthy brand's calculations would always point to a release at multiple marketplaces being more profitable than an exclusivity deal. It's no wonder they are not making any more Hitman games in the foreseeable future.

Despite this series being very well regarded by the people who play it, I don't think it's ever sold like Square (and now IOI themselves) wanted it to. The vast majority of businesses, when offered a more secure payday on a product that isn't a guaranteed success, would be fools not to take it.

I could care less about exclusivity and I think that competition is good for the market, but yeah, I lost all interest when it went from "here's free stuff" to "already bought everything elsewhere? Too bad!" I loved Hitman 2016 and thought 2 was pretty solid, but hoooooo boy I have zero interest in Hitman 3 at this stage. I don't know if that's fair or rational, but having one thing promised and then getting told to suck it up and pay extra is just... distasteful.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Did they ever stop with their elusive target bullshit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom