Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Watching that Dubai trailer, it's clear that somebody watched Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol way too many times.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Self-published by IOI, also all missions from the previous games will be playable in Hitman 3, support importing progressions from Hitman 2: https://www.ioi.dk/announcing-hitman-3/

Announcing HITMAN 3

This is it!
We are proud and excited to announce HITMAN 3, the next game from IO Interactive. It makes us smile just reading that out loud. Here’s the brand new Announcement Trailer for you to enjoy.

HITMAN 3 is the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy and takes players around the world on a globetrotting adventure to sprawling sandbox locations. Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional for the most important contracts of his entire career.

Supported by his Agency handler, Diana Burnwood, 47 joins forces with his long-lost friend Lucas Grey. Their ultimate mission is to eliminate the partners of Providence, but they are forced to adapt as their hunt intensifies. When the dust settles, 47 and the world he inhabits will never be the same again.

HITMAN 3 will be available in January 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC. Death Awaits.

Top of the World
Let’s talk locations. Every mission location in HITMAN 3 is meticulously detailed and packed full of creative opportunities. We’ve made sure that players will have unrivalled freedom to complete their objectives and the game world will react to everything they do. All of this is made possible by our award-winning Glacier technology, which powers HITMAN 3’s immersive game world to offer unparalleled player choice and replayability.

When HITMAN 3 is released in January 2021, the entire campaign will be available to play, from the breathtaking start to the dramatic ending. Today, we’re unveiling the first of six locations that will be featured in the game. We start with Agent 47 literally on top of the world. Welcome to Dubai.

Our Dubai: Cinematic Gameplay Trailer gives you a first look at our new game in motion. Everything was captured in-engine using some creative camera angles. We look forward to sharing a true, hands-on gameplay trailer in the coming weeks.

A Platform of Assassination
The World of Assassination trilogy is fully realised with HITMAN 3 and we are establishing our new game as the ultimate place to play all three games. Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.

Playing the entire trilogy from beginning to end, from within HITMAN 3, also means that the progression systems in HITMAN 3 work across all locations. You can unlock an item in Dubai and take it with you to Paris, for example. Now that we’re talking about items and progression, we’re pleased to say that HITMAN 2 players will have the option to carry over their hard-earned unlocks and progression into HITMAN 3. This is something that players have been asking for and we’re delighted to confirm.

HITMAN 3 will act as a platform for the entire trilogy, and we are excited to finally realise a vision that we had five years ago; to create a game world that would continually grow and expand over time. In the coming months, we’ll share precise details about how location and progression carryover will work.

HITMAN3_04-1024x576.png

IO Independent
HITMAN 3 will be developed and published by IO Interactive. It feels like a natural step for HITMAN 3, as the final game in this trilogy, to come directly from us to our players. We feel ready for the challenge and look forward to embracing the journey, together with our players and community.

There’s something special about HITMAN 3 being the first full game that we self-publish. Everyone at IOI, in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices, is ready to deliver a Hitman game that we are all extremely proud of.

One final thing; now that we’re the developer and publisher, we’re debating whether to include the IOI logo twice on the HITMAN 3 boot screen. We’ll keep you all informed on what we decide!

HITMAN3_03-1024x576.png

More Soon…
We know you have questions and you want to know more. The good news is that this is just the start of our conversation about HITMAN 3. We’ve got a lot more to say about our new gameplay features and systems, more locations to reveal and some other big surprises too! Over the coming months, we’ll be publishing blog posts and hosting livestreams to keep you up to speed.

For now, we invite you to take a look at the newly refreshed hitman.com. All the key information about HITMAN 3 is already there and we’ve also got you covered with various wallpapers for your devices in glorious 4K. The site will be updated as we reveal and announce more throughout the year.

If you can’t wait and want all the HITMAN 3 updates and IOI news delivered directly to your inbox, sign up for an IOI Account and tick all the newsletter boxes. That way, you won’t miss a thing.

We are super excited to share more about our next game with all of you in the coming months.

Love from IO Interactive.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looks like this will be the last one of the current Hitman iterations. Hopefully they'll release a GOTY edition at some point.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Both of the prior seasons were maligned in one way or another. Please god, may this one be the lynchpin that combines everything into a truly cohesive classic.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Looks like this will be the last one of the current Hitman iterations. Hopefully they'll release a GOTY edition at some point.

They already did for 1 and 2. If you mean a whole trilogy pack, I'm sure that will happen as well. Likely 1 and 2 will have some cheaper DLC type option to add into 3, and there will be a bundle.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
HITMAN 2 players will have the option to carry over their hard-earned unlocks and progression into HITMAN 3

nice

I mean imagine if you had to redo 1 & 2 again, it was already fuckin' stoopid you had to redo all of 1 in 2...

the entire campaign will be available to play

I realise I am probably the only person that thinks this, and I hate episodic release as much as the next person, but for HITMAN I actually believe episodic release of maps was a good idea. Was really hoping they would return to it. I guess the shrieking and crying burned them enough from 2016 they will never do it again...

Anyway, am hyped for this, Dubai looks very encouraging as I want maps to be contained and connected like Paris and New York. The worst kind of maps are Santa Fortuna and Haven Island where the targets are disconnected in their own 'zones' and you may as well have each area as a separate map.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I mean imagine if you had to redo 1 & 2 again, it was already fuckin' stoopid you had to redo all of 1 in 2...

Honestly I thought unlocking stuff again was a nice motivation to replay Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 2, but I'm not a completionist so maybe that's why. I felt no need to get random obscure shit again. Just the useful stuff.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Are the new Hitman games actually good?

I liked the old Hitman games like Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money. Absolution was meh and I assumed the IP was going to get Thief'd.

Unwanted

†††

Patron

I liked the old Hitman games like Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money. Absolution was meh and I assumed the IP was going to get Thief'd.
Yeah, they're good, but expect a degree of casualization compared to Blood Money. Make sure to deactivate most of the help (like that clue stuff), or the game will play itself automatically.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
HITMAN 2 players will have the option to carry over their hard-earned unlocks and progression into HITMAN 3

nice

the entire campaign will be available to play

I realise I am probably the only person that thinks this, and I hate episodic release as much as the next person, but for HITMAN I actually believe episodic release of maps was a good idea. Was really hoping they would return to it. I guess the shrieking and crying burned them enough from 2016 they will never do it again...

Anyway, am hyped for this, Dubai looks very encouraging as I want maps to be contained and connected like Paris and New York. The worst kind of maps are Santa Fortuna and Haven Island where the targets are disconnected in their own 'zones' and you may as well have each area as a separate map.
I think New York might just be my favourite map from 2 (and Paris from 1, if not the tutorial map), a shame it wasn't part of the base game. So I think we have similar taste in levels.

Honestly I thought unlocking stuff again was a nice motivation to replay Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 2, but I'm not a completionist so maybe that's why. I felt no need to get random obscure shit again. Just the useful stuff.
I hope they allow us /not/ to import old progression.

I really hope they drop the time-limit content, but I'm not very optimistic.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Yeah, they're good, but expect a degree of casualization compared to Blood Money. Make sure to deactivate most of the help (like that clue stuff), or the game will play itself automatically.
Really depends on what you expect from the game. I kinda like the stories as introductions to a map, and then you go from there and update your .txt until you've got enough for a silent assassin (high-score) and then a suit only run.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I really hope they drop the time-limit content, but I'm not very optimistic.

I would guess when support ends for the whole trilogy they'll probably make stuff like elusive targets permanent in an "offline" patch thing. To do otherwise would be infuriating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom