Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

Caim

Arcane
Gotta respect iOi's innovation. They make one game and then support the careers of 200 employees for the next 10 years by selling that same game over and over again.
Todd taught them well.

maydaymemer

Educated
Its funny because I think theres an old infographic showing how Paris has six times the detail of Absolution's biggest level

Beggar

Cipher
Next step for hitman is to slash space and time: hitman set in egypt, in the viking era and 18th century france. Every character is edgy and talk with british accent

maydaymemer

Educated
Cairo level wouldnt be bad actually. I kinda want them to do a level thats just another rip off of a Bond scene, this time the Spectre opening in Mexico

Caim

Arcane
Next step for hitman is to slash space and time: hitman set in egypt, in the viking era and 18th century france. Every character is edgy and talk with british accent
Hitman's Creed.

Cairo level wouldnt be bad actually. I kinda want them to do a level thats just another rip off of a Bond scene, this time the Spectre opening in Mexico
IOI is currently making a James Bond game, so we might be getting that without it being a ripoff.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Played a bit of this before deciding to go back to the original game which I've been having much more fun with. That is, Hitman: Codename 47.

Just murdered Hong Lee last night and it was some of the most fun I've had in any real time time.

The music, humour and environment specific voice acting really add so much, but I do think the new Hitman games have a promise of their own. I reckon I just need to figure out how to approach them.

I was wondering, what kinds of settings do people play the new hitman games with. I was thinking professional with all the UI stuff and x-ray vision disabled with a no save honour system in effect seems to be the closest that you'll get to the classic hitman thrill.

What do people think?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Played a bit of this before deciding to go back to the original game which I've been having much more fun with. That is, Hitman: Codename 47.

Just murdered Hong Lee last night and it was some of the most fun I've had in any real time time.

The music, humour and environment specific voice acting really add so much, but I do think the new Hitman games have a promise of their own. I reckon I just need to figure out how to approach them.

I was wondering, what kinds of settings do people play the new hitman games with. I was thinking professional with all the UI stuff and x-ray vision disabled with a no save honour system in effect seems to be the closest that you'll get to the classic hitman thrill.

What do people think?
One complaint I have about the new game is I wish they had given Professional mode limited saves, 2 or 3 (or like the bonus saves in Silent Assassin where maybe they could give you a save when you kill one target), instead of unlimited. Have Casual mode be unlimited, Pro be limited, and Expert be no saves or 1 save, keeping it more in line with Silent Assassin and Contracts. Not sure why they did it the way they did with no gradient between unlimited and 1 save only.

If it's your first time playing I'd recommend Professional and trying to restrain your saving, but some of the levels are so huge that I would think it would get aggravating to do it with absolutely no saves on a first playthrough. I played with most of the UI stuff turned off; I would intermittently turn on the assassination story notifications when I found the solution for getting them started to be too obscure, then I would turn it off again and try to figure the rest out myself.

I'll be interested to know if your fun with the original game continues through the jungle missions.

maydaymemer

Educated

What do people think?
I believe you should do what I do and change settings every year or so to keep the game fresh because different settings worked for me in different years but currently I highly recommend:
Instinct->Off
Limited Vision Area, Camera Grid and shoulder swap->On
Run and aim->Toggle
Precision aim->Hold
Item placement->Toggle

Mission Story Guidance->Off
Objectives->Auto
Minimap and Global hints->Off
PIP->On
Timer->Off
Performance HUD->On

Challenges->Minimal
Challenge HUD, target info and NPC icons->On
Weapon and reload HUD->full
SA, difficulty and autosave HUDs->off

Interaction highlight->On
Interaction prompt size->30
Subtitle size->34
Subtitle background and speaker indicator->Off

Vibration/adaptive triggers, aim assist and fast target->On
-
Explanation:
Orange settings means these settings put your brain into less of a reactive state of play and more about memorizing levels like in the older games. no longer will you know when someone is coming before hand by either seeing a dot in your mini map or using x-ray vision, now you have to learn the routines and guess based off of NPC schedules or just outright take risks
Blue settings are general QoL control options, I feel like putting these things on makes the game more comfortable for most people but if you want to make it harder do the opposite of what I recommend. However, it'll be more difficult purely because it wont feel as good as I feel these settings dont casualize the game too much
Green settings are so good I've basically never changed them since booting up Hitman 2. Now you may need to play with these on for the first couple of maps but these improve the discoverability of levels athousandfold. Mission stories being off means you need to figure out the steps based off the dialogue rather than strict instructions and challenges being set to minimal means you have to figure out how to 100 percent the levels based off of guessing what each requirement is based off challenge name and image, which is actually very possible and will make you feel clever
Yellow settings are very niche and very specific but I feel like these settings being the way they are makes the game aesthetically look a lot more similar to Blood Money in terms of UI, with how big those old 2006 games' text used to be and also having the classic HBM PIP
Purple settings are purely aesthetic, they keep the HUD as minimal as possible except for information I think you need to have. The performance and scoring HUDs, as well as objectives and challenges being on let your brain know what youre doing right without distracting you too much as they quickly go away. I also feel knowing who enforcers are as well as whether you have a gun out is not game-breakingly useful and more of a basic mechanic. They also prevent the game from being too sweaty, I feel like turning off all of these is for people who take the game way too seriously (I say that and I come across like a maniac with this). Tho, like I said, if you disable these go ahead as they will make the game harder but might make the effects of the game's systems less impactful
-
I had other "loadouts" of my settings that I might share from previous if you're interested, and I'll go into what my mindset is with those back then, but only if these dont work for you. Good luck, hope you enjoy the game by trying this out, but I will also recommend trying out Master difficulty with these settings because I feel merely professional mode might not be enough for you. Just know to turn it down if it isnt lol

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Thankyou for the excellent answers, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Would that I had more than two fists to give.

It'll be a while since I get back to it but I look forward to trying out your recommendations.

The main challenge of the jungle so far is resisting the urge to buy the M60 and go rambo on those columbians.

EDIT: Jungle missions were indeed pretty lame. But at the hotel now and it was well worth sticking around for.

Last edited:

Victor1234

Educated
Thankyou for the excellent answers, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Would that I had more than two fists to give.

It'll be a while since I get back to it but I look forward to trying out your recommendations.

The main challenge of the jungle so far is resisting the urge to buy the M60 and go rambo on those columbians.

EDIT: Jungle missions were indeed pretty lame. But at the hotel now and it was well worth sticking around for.

I remember liking the Lee Hong kill mission, 1 of the 2 Lee Hong setups (the one where you kill the police chief and triads at the restaurant and drop the amulet), the Budapest hotel mission and the final jungle mission where you finally get to the base and kill the not-Scarface dude. I vaguely remember some Dutch railyard or something and some pretty crap jungle setups before you got to the base (with some Incan bighead treasure to find and blowguns) and some Romanian asylum level. If there were more missions, I've forgotten them but Codename 47 was indeed awesome!

maydaymemer

Educated
Freelancer tomorrow bros. What locations we playing on it?
Berlin is an awesome level, one of the very best from all three installments. Unlike the stupid attempt at unique assassination mechanics with the maelstrom, Berlin does it well by having you identify the targets in a more pleasing way. Atmosphere is great, probably the closest you'll get to Contracts in a 2021 mainstream game.
Man, Berlin of all levels is "one baddie patrolling a corridor each floor of a multi-story building". Their patrol routes don't even intersect. Shooting the camera control system is a no-brainer. You get a silenced gun from the first target who tries to rush you when you enter the radio tower. The whole building is something designed by an intern. The only fun is the first time when you don't know how many the targets are and where they are. It's a strictly one-off thing, though it does have atmosphere when you are approaching it for the first time.
Theres a ton of little interactions in Berlin between targets actually - Montgomery and Chamberlain talk to eachother in the boiler room and Swan talks to I believe Davenport when he gets a drink
:lol:
Buahahahaha just saw that they are charging 60 bucks for a 3-4 hour repetitive game.

You forgot this one you dumb cunt lol.

Looking at old hitman videos is really depressing how much the game has fallen. At hearth the game was about assassinations and actions,most of the kills didn't even had an accident option lol. Now it is all about strip a guard,run around to explore,push a few buttons and watch as some retarded incident happens lol. The disguise is really broken this moment,i laughed at the china mission lol. They have experiments for mind control,you just slap the test subject and change clothes and nobody fucking notices that you are different person or different race lol. The game is made for dumb cash pigs at this point,it has nothing of value at this point. Every mission is the same,go in,make tow whitish people die from an accident and then leave.

Whitish?

Caim

Arcane
Hey kids, do you like... eyeballs?

ss_4c836fea15acc0c6e93614ceece3e35fb8806ca0.jpg

ss_11c3a5e2701790d160c83142e8797cff40d37dec.jpg

Because there's new DLC for Hitman 3 WORLD OF ASSASSINATION where for the low, low price of 5 euros or your regional equivalent you too can buy eyeballs for in 47's house, on top of a whole slew of other stuff. And make sure to buy the other DLC pack where you too can own furniture made out of junk and trash!

ss_4d2dada984579268777409a50a534057bb68c93d.jpg

Lol. Lmao.

maydaymemer

Educated
Hey kids, do you like... eyeballs?

ss_4c836fea15acc0c6e93614ceece3e35fb8806ca0.jpg

ss_11c3a5e2701790d160c83142e8797cff40d37dec.jpg

Because there's new DLC for Hitman 3 WORLD OF ASSASSINATION where for the low, low price of 5 euros or your regional equivalent you too can buy eyeballs for in 47's house, on top of a whole slew of other stuff. And make sure to buy the other DLC pack where you too can own furniture made out of junk and trash!

ss_4d2dada984579268777409a50a534057bb68c93d.jpg

Lol. Lmao.

ioi give with one hand, take with another. i knew their simplified purchasing options were too good to be true, now there will be another bundle in a year with all the stuff out i bet. it's a shame too because from what i've played, and this could change, the actual freelancer mode is brilliant. very engaging and engrossing mode because it really does recontextualize levels in a big way and it's the first time hitman has challenged me in years barring a frustrating escalation or ET

Caim

Arcane
ioi give with one hand, take with another. i knew their simplified purchasing options were too good to be true, now there will be another bundle in a year with all the stuff out i bet. it's a shame too because from what i've played, and this could change, the actual freelancer mode is brilliant. very engaging and engrossing mode because it really does recontextualize levels in a big way and it's the first time hitman has challenged me in years barring a frustrating escalation or ET
Haven't played Freelancer yet. I have taken a look at the challenges for the mode and from the looks of it 99% of it is just related to killing dudes and collecting items, and I suspect that unlocking these gives you new items for in your house.

There's a new unlockable outfit with a hidden qualification, going by the fact that it's of a bandaged and injured 47 it probably has to do with failing a mission in some way.

maydaymemer

Educated
Haven't played Freelancer yet. I have taken a look at the challenges for the mode and from the looks of it 99% of it is just related to killing dudes and collecting items, and I suspect that unlocking these gives you new items for in your house.

There's a new unlockable outfit with a hidden qualification, going by the fact that it's of a bandaged and injured 47 it probably has to do with failing a mission in some way.
youre right on both accounts

ADL

Prophet
Monetization aside, Freelancer is incredible and they should either keep releasing content for it or build a whole game around it next. Ties all three games together in a really cool way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom