Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

is it worth the 40 euros to rent the game now? i get it's three games, but they're three rather old three games.

ADL

Prophet
Same game just bundled together to consolidate the confusing business model. It was worth it before the update and it's especially worth it now with the Freelancer game mode implemented. $38.50 for all of that is a really good price and the only thing of value you'd be missing are the two levels from Hitman 2's DLC and 7 Deadly Sins.

I'd recommend skipping 7 Deadly Sins until it's $2.50-$5

Ghulgothas

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/sub/672746/ this shit. rockpapershotcuck introduced it like an almost entirely new game. or perhaps i didn't understand, last week i got a new medicine and haven't slept since.
If that's what they're saying, they're wrong. It's all three of the prior games lumped together under the same roof with shared unlocks and the new roguelike mode to make buying the whole package (which was intolerably complicated before) easier. The only thing of substance it lacks are Hitman 2's DLC maps which were sectioned off into this pack here. Get at substantial discount.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
is it worth the 40 euros to rent the game now? i get it's three games, but they're three rather old three games.
The game(s) aged well, I played some just a month or two ago and still find very enjoyable.

Let me shill my custom contract, which has also aged well:

You have an exclusive contract to play, hurry up before it's been reported by sensible souls:

WRd612I.jpg

6UCcZJ8.jpg

i had a conversation just few days ago about how i hate giving money away for a glorified rent of a pirated game, i don't know if i can spend 40 euros for that now.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
i had a conversation just few days ago about how i hate giving money away for a glorified rent of a pirated game, i don't know if i can spend 40 euros for that now.
Not sure exactly what you're complaining about but the online features are very disposable. You'd own this game as much as you own any Steam game.

price is, for my tiny pockets. last game i bought "full price, 0days" has been dawn of war 2. 40 euros is not so little for my hairy broke sorry ass.

Vibalist

Arcane
So Freelancer seems pretty similar to escalation missions, but on a larger scale. Many objectives are of the 'shoot x amount of guards with weapon y' and 'make 3 civilians slip in a banana peel while wearing the clown suit' variety. I would have preferred objectives being about killing targets in certain ways (explosions, accidents, headshots, etc.) because that obviously lends itself way better to making you feel like an international assassin and not a chaotic neutral agent of chaos doing random shit to random npc's. Especially because the only way to make large amounts of in-game currency is to do these random objectives, whereas merely disposing of your target only gives you a small reward.

Oh well. It's still fun. But I can't help but feel they've missed the mark a bit here.

sosmoflux

Educated
You might've picked a goofy Campaign
You can pick ones more gun focused, assassin focused, setups, etc
And those objectives are all optional, but I agree they feel like main objectives

Caim

Arcane
There's an issue that you get randomly generated side objectives that you have no way of completing at all. This is in tandem with the fact that all items that spawn normally in the maps have been removed and replaced with random drops, so you can't even count on using prior knowledge to complete them.

dsndo

Educated
My primary complaint with Freelancer is that all maps have the same mission stories that were active from the main campaign. Makes them feel more repetitive and out of sync with the new mode. Would like to see them update the maps in the future similar to how it was done with the Patient Zero campaign. Nothing drastic needed, some set dressing and different NPC and guard placement would be sufficient. Instead of a film being shot in Mumbai the building could have construction workers finishing up the construction and Isle of Sgail not hosting a gala.

Hopefully enough retards buy cosmetics to justify the labor investment.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Gave New York a couple of spins.

Oh I like this. The puzzle box of maps I've liked before amped up and fully set inside of a building, so no running around the perimiter to find pipes to climb and windows to sneak in. Of course this means that there's only two ways to the top of the building, but that comes with the territory. Only one target for assassination, and there's a few ways to get to her by either luring her out or getting into her office. I expected her to have her own bathroom in the top floor, so when I poisoned her (and that bottle of vodka is in a fucking bullshit spot) she walked all the way to the coke bathroom. Gave me enough time to get there while avoiding the guards. For the vault you've got two options: either deal with the main target and two additional ones by luring them away and stealing their stuff, or doing a few trivial tasks to get in there. The data core's a nice idea... but then you realize you can put it in a suitcase and walk out the front door. So for the second objective you have to either deal with bullshit or take a few trivial steps and get what you want. The job interview was a bit weird, it felt like they were trying to capitalize on the infamous real estate bit in Whittleton, but felt a bit forced. Poor sweater dude though.

Too bad the rewards for this mission aren't all that, but a pocket-sized shotgun might be useful.

Andronovo

Learned
Okay... so I own Hitman 7 (II) with all the main content and the legacy DLC, which I bought for $55 several years ago. Honestly a pretty good deal with all the content I got from hit. Didn't get Hitman 8 (III) because reasons after launch, but I'm thinking about it now since most of the dlc content has been released and the prices should be lower. However, as per usual IO is making it fucking confusing on how the hell I'm supposed to get Hitman 8 (III) with all the dlc content AND port all my Hitman 6 (2016) and Hitman 7 (II) content to it without accidentally buying anything I don't need. To make it worse they're now rebranding Hitman 8 (III) as "World of Assassination" or some shit? Which is going for $40 on Steam, which looks like a good price, but I'm not all sure what that will actually net me.

HALP PLS

maydaymemer

Educated
So Freelancer seems pretty similar to escalation missions, but on a larger scale. Many objectives are of the 'shoot x amount of guards with weapon y' and 'make 3 civilians slip in a banana peel while wearing the clown suit' variety. I would have preferred objectives being about killing targets in certain ways (explosions, accidents, headshots, etc.) because that obviously lends itself way better to making you feel like an international assassin and not a chaotic neutral agent of chaos doing random shit to random npc's. Especially because the only way to make large amounts of in-game currency is to do these random objectives, whereas merely disposing of your target only gives you a small reward.

Oh well. It's still fun. But I can't help but feel they've missed the mark a bit here.
there's other objectives that are specific to target kills, dont worry. just pick a contract of a specific type that has those objectives. im liking it so far, i dont think every map goes well with the mode like for example berlin i love but it's not been that fun in freelancer so far. dartmoor has actually been really fun which is unexpected. i like that they chose targets that have longish routes to make it feel more like a regular mission and i really like the showdown missions and kinda wish there was a way to play sort of non-elusive showdowns or something as territory takedowns. i like that i can go from silent assassin suit only attempting to then a more freeform style of play. it's very good at showing the versatility of their systems
There's an issue that you get randomly generated side objectives that you have no way of completing at all. This is in tandem with the fact that all items that spawn normally in the maps have been removed and replaced with random drops, so you can't even count on using prior knowledge to complete them.
it depends on the map honestly. some maps still have items you can take like new york and dubai for instance
My primary complaint with Freelancer is that all maps have the same mission stories that were active from the main campaign. Makes them feel more repetative and out of sync with the new mode. Would like to see them update the maps in the future similar to how it was done with the Patient Zero campaign. Nothing drastic needed, some set dressing and different NPC and guard placement would be sufficient. Instead of a film being shot in Mumbai the building could have construction workers finishing up the construction and Isle of Sgail not hosting a gala.

Hopefully enough retards buy cosmetics to justify the labor investment.
yea i get that they wanted the maps to have as much as possible to play around with but i hope they can bring the bonus missions to this mode and make more of them for the non-s1 maps
Gave New York a couple of spins.

Oh I like this. The puzzle box of maps I've liked before amped up and fully set inside of a building, so no running around the perimiter to find pipes to climb and windows to sneak in. Of course this means that there's only two ways to the top of the building, but that comes with the territory. Only one target for assassination, and there's a few ways to get to her by either luring her out or getting into her office. I expected her to have her own bathroom in the top floor, so when I poisoned her (and that bottle of vodka is in a fucking bullshit spot) she walked all the way to the coke bathroom. Gave me enough time to get there while avoiding the guards. For the vault you've got two options: either deal with the main target and two additional ones by luring them away and stealing their stuff, or doing a few trivial tasks to get in there. The data core's a nice idea... but then you realize you can put it in a suitcase and walk out the front door. So for the second objective you have to either deal with bullshit or take a few trivial steps and get what you want. The job interview was a bit weird, it felt like they were trying to capitalize on the infamous real estate bit in Whittleton, but felt a bit forced. Poor sweater dude though.

Too bad the rewards for this mission aren't all that, but a pocket-sized shotgun might be useful.
new york is really good, pretty much every hitman 3 mission takes more from its design than any other mission probably due to how well recieved it was and also budgetary restraints. whereas each hitman 2 mission beforehand took from sapienza, new york only has like one big biome and some little mini biomes. it feels good to play because it's a cool setting and they also have just enough ways to get around that it doesnt feel linear. it's like a blood money mission
Okay... so I own Hitman 7 (II) with all the main content and the legacy DLC, which I bought for $55 several years ago. Honestly a pretty good deal with all the content I got from hit. Didn't get Hitman 8 (III) because reasons after launch, but I'm thinking about it now since most of the dlc content has been released and the prices should be lower. However, as per usual IO is making it fucking confusing on how the hell I'm supposed to get Hitman 8 (III) with all the dlc content AND port all my Hitman 6 (2016) and Hitman 7 (II) content to it without accidentally buying anything I don't need. To make it worse they're now rebranding Hitman 8 (III) as "World of Assassination" or some shit? Which is going for $40 on Steam, which looks like a good price, but I'm not all sure what that will actually net me.

HALP PLS
world of assassination gets you pretty much everything, i think if you download the free demo or something you can register your copy and get a discount on the hitman 3 levels? but even if not it's not that bad a deal it gets you the new levels, seven but really six as well as the new mode we're all talking about. it's a decent enough deal but since you are paying for just six new maps maybe you want to go even cheaper? depends on how much value you get from these games by replaying levels

Andronovo

Learned
world of assassination gets you pretty much everything, i think if you download the free demo or something you can register your copy and get a discount on the hitman 3 levels? but even if not it's not that bad a deal it gets you the new levels, seven but really six as well as the new mode we're all talking about. it's a decent enough deal but since you are paying for just six new maps maybe you want to go even cheaper? depends on how much value you get from these games by replaying levels

So uh... that doesn't really answer my question. Is it it like Hitman 7 (II) where I can just get the legacy DLC free? I don't want to pay for the shit I already have. How do I ONLY pay for the Hitman 8 (III) content WITHOUT paying for the stuff I already own, and can I port all my progress, items, and already owned missions to the updated engine? And how precisely do I do that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom