Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Infinitron, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    damn I forgot about that temp exlusivity...ah well, bug fixes and a discount by the time it hits Steam is nice

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ghulgothas Erudite

Ghulgothas
    They'll probably have a "HITMAN: World of Assassination Trilogy" or whatever collection/bundle out by the time this is on Steam. Best to wait till then if you've not already bought in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    enjoyed the first 2 seasons I'll likely pick this up day 1 oh wait....shit lol I keep forgetting about the EGS exclusivity lol

• Brofist x 2
    • Merry Christmas! x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    The overall story is pretty dumb and badly presented, but the stories in the levels themselves are pretty good IMO. I tend to just ignore the overall narrative and focus on the stuff inside the level.

Any word on how Hitman 1 and 2 levels work in this? I assume it's tied to my IOI account since they went with Epic, but I haven't read anything about all three being inside the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. DemonKing Arcane

DemonKing
    I hope the Dubai level includes more scaling of the skyscraper exterior than this video shows. Say what you like about Mission Impossible/Tom Cruise but that sequence was great:

• Yes Yes x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. CrunchyHemorrhoids Prophet

CrunchyHemorrhoids
    A reminder that on windows 10 you can already use the compact powershell command to shrink your bloated Hitman 1/2 game folder down to one third of its size and get it to run smoother too.
    https://github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI/wiki/Archived-Compression-Results:-Games

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • nice nice x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• meh meh x 2
    • +20 Social Credit +20 Social Credit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Hitman shares universe with Dark Souls now.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Apparently IOI stated our Hitman 1 and 2 levels will port over from Steam to the Epic version of Hitman 3, FYI. I assume they'll just use your IOI account to verify ownership. Not sure if that was clear before, I definitely had questions.

^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Previews are out.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ke-a-well-deserved-victory-lap-for-ios-series

https://www.pcgamer.com/solving-a-murder-mystery-in-hitman-3s-coolest-new-level/

^ Top  
  12. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    With about 24 missions total, rehashed and banded together in Hitman 3, it seems it's time for this franchise to rest for a few years while IOI put out the 007 game.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I definitely think this is really a finale. They have said so themselves, and the big deluxe package doesn't even promise mission DLCs so I'm guessing the final level wraps things up pretty definitively.

Not gonna lie tho, I'd buy some remix missions like season one got. Season two's were lame though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ghulgothas Erudite

Ghulgothas
    Still bitter about the exclusivity deal, but I still think the full package all three seasons will compose in the future will be a damn good franchise capstone for Hitman as a whole for the next few years. Can’t think of a better series of games whose quality and accessibility has been this maligned by external factors this generation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Season 1's original missions were better than the updated versions they put in Season 2. The lighting was different than what was intended in Season 1 and for me it never felt the same as the original.

The exclusivity deal means I'll probably have played it pirated by the time I'm able to buy it on steam, and as usual I'll wait for 50% off. At least I'll be ok knowing that Tim Sweeny prepaid for my pirated copy.

• PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    ^ Top  
  17. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    And you don't even have to get on the white van.

• Funny Funny x 5
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-all-locations-revealed/

• Excited! x 4
    • nice x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • +20 Social Credit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ghulgothas Erudite

Ghulgothas
    It all looks good, real good...
    Concerning. God I hope they don't cop out and end it all on some cinematic non-level devoid of gameplay or depth. The final levels of each prior season are some of the best they've made for these games.

^ Top  
  20. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
    Dartmoor looks really creepy I like it. More missions like this please.

^ Top  
  21. Trans-Financial-Man Erudite

Trans-Financial-Man

Playing a VR game with a controller when we're already into the second generation of VR controllers using more sophisticated motion controls should tell you how little thought has gone into the VR mode. They could've at least used the Disco Dildos PSVR comes with but they bizarrely lack an analogue stick so I can see why they would avoid them.

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ivan Arcane

Ivan

speculated to be set in a moving train
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• incline x 6
    • nice x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • +20 Social Credit x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Hitman 2 had 5 levels and a sort of mini-level at launch. The first 5 here seem to be full levels, so if the finale is a bit smaller (like a train) I'm okay with that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Ghulgothas Erudite

Ghulgothas
    The Cheevo list for 3 came out recently, and among other things it seems to imply the finale level is going to be comparable in size to 2's little opening level. I agree, what I was afraid of was that it would turn out to be less than that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Ghulgothas Erudite

Ghulgothas
    It looks like they've got some additions planned for some of the Season 2 missions. 3's Cheevo list has the mastery levels for Whittleton Creek and the Bank set to 20 rather than the 15 they've got in season 2 currently.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• nice x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.