Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They should have addee DLC for aprils fool what a missed opportunity.

I want to kill people in stylish afro or beatiful long locks worthy of a godess' crown

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I gotta replay Blood Money one more time, fucking hell. 2016 runs like shit on my PC.
Hope IOI will do good with season 2. Not too fond of Warner Bros. but what's done is done I guess. Also I still don't like the seasonal system since there's basically only half a game done and they expect players to pay another 60$ to (maybe) finish the story. Would just prefer a flat 60 for one whole game.

mck

Cipher
all jokes aside, if they aren't finally adding the ability to scan the barcode on the back of 47's head I am boycotting this series for life

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
all jokes aside, if they aren't finally adding the ability to scan the barcode on the back of 47's head I am boycotting this series for life

As far as I know the bar codes are valid bar codes. If you use a bar code scanner to scan them you will get a real number. AFAIK bar codes are country specific, but at least in my country it resolves to some random grocery item, if I remember correctly it is a tube of Mayonaise, or something like that. But you should be able to do this yourself.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are you adding romanceable characters and stats?

What do you think? Go play your Bioware games for that.
And Obsidian games soon,and Larian games,and all the glorious slav games that are coming. Shit romance is becoming part of all the incline games. I am sure that ll the people here can't wait to have the option to romance a transgender black she boy in wheel chair. Get in tact with the times. When are we going to have the option to play as a purple attack chopter.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So wait, I can't buy a single episode anymore? That kinda blows, I was playing the free Sapienza mission and wanted to get Paris to unlock the sniper, but with the performance my PC gets I can't justify putting down ~50€. I'll definitely buy the game once I get a new PC but that kinda sucks. Oh well. I played the singleplayer campaign when I pirated it over half a year ago and revisiting it now I really appreciate how detailed and well crafted the world is.
Also, something I found pretty interesting is that if I were to order Hitman 2016 steelbook edition from Amazon.de instead, I would be paying less money than if I bought it from Steam including shipping.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
No but if it was episodic since launch I kinda expect it to stay that way instead of basically backpedaling and going 60$ full priced again. If it launched as a full 60$ game with all missions I wouldn't really care and I'd cut my losses and just not play it or hold off until I could buy it, but now that I almost went through the buying phase of the game the episodic system isn't really that bad, as long as the whole package doesn't end up overpriced.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://gematsu.com/2018/04/hitman-sniper-assassin-rated-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-in-korea

Hitman: Sniper Assassin rated for PS4, Xbox One, and PC in Korea

Following an Australian rating in early February, the Korean Game Rating Board has rated Hitman: Sniper Assassin for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

A game called Hitman: Sniper Assassin has yet to be officially announced by developer Io Interactive. However, two similary titled games exist: Hitman: Sniper for iOS and Android, and Hitman: Sniper Challenge for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PowerTorment , I've been meaning to ask you, how do you collect feedback about Hitman (2016), besides the telemetry, which I guess you have in place. Also on what matters do you need feedback, which telemetry doesn't give you?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Another Hitman sniper game, huh. I wouldn't mind one at all if it's a bit of relatively low effort funds to make Season 2 better. Can someone tell me if the older ones had any ballistics simulation? I like sniping games but I typically want them to have some sort of bullet drop.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
PowerTorment , I've been meaning to ask you, how do you collect feedback about Hitman (2016), besides the telemetry, which I guess you have in place. Also on what matters do you need feedback, which telemetry doesn't give you?

We use forums that our community manager monitor, and we use user research (mostly focus groups and play sessions with feedback for various user groups). And telemetry as you say. And yes, we do listen to all the things that people complain about all over the net. We are listening. A lot of things will be improved.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What have people been generally unhappy with, I mean as gameplay, not concerning the episodes/seasons format? I've been thinking about what feedback would I give, and it can get grouped into two categories - metagame and "game-related", and general experience, immersion, "cinematic feels"-related.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Definitive Edition update notes: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-de-release-notes/

HITMAN – Definitive Edition Release Notes

HITMAN – Definitive Edition arrives next week on May 15th and we’re ready to detail the release notes of what’s included in the game update that will be available for all players! We’re calling that update the May 2018 Update and it includes a new location for Contracts Mode, a framerate fix for PC and a handful of other changes.

Coming exclusively to store shelves, HITMAN: Definitive Edition includes all episodes and locations from Season One plus all of the Game of the Year Edition content, including the Patient Zero campaign and the new Anniversary Outfit Bundle, which is inspired by IOI games Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas.

HITMAN_Definitive_Edition.png

HITMAN – May 2018 Update Release Timings
Our May 2018 Update releases worldwide across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on May 11th 2018.

Server maintenance starts at 10am UTC on May 11th and is expected to last until 2pm UTC on May 11th. During the maintenance period, all players will receive the May 2018 Update/Patch. The update size will be between 500mb and 2gb, depending on platform and will update the game version to 1.14.1.

We will post updates throughout the day about maintenance and availability to our Twitter account: @IOInteractive

HITMAN – May 2018 Update/Patch Release Notes (for all players)
Definitive Edition Support
We’ve made numerous back-end changes to support the release of the Definitive Edition. This includes support for the Anniversary Outfit Bundle and displaying the WB Games logo during the bootflow for players with the Definitive Edition.

New Mission for Contracts Mode Creation
It is now possible to create and play Contracts on ‘The Source’ mission from the Patient Zero campaign. Contracts Search and Lookup functionality has also been added for this mission. Players will be required to own the GOTY missions to play Contracts on this location.

The Pharmacist
We’ve fixed an issue with ‘The Pharmacist’ Elusive Target that would cause the target to suspend their routine. This target is now back into rotation for Reactivated Elusive Targets.

Elusive Target Clarification
We’ve adjusted the messages for the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub to clearly show the status of the upcoming or active Elusive Target. If you have already completed or failed the contract, you will be informed of that. This will help players know whether they have previously completed or failed the contract.

PC Framerate uncapped
We’ve corrected an issue on PC that was introduced with the GOTY Edition that limited the framerate on PC to 100fps. The framerate will now be as high as your hardware and graphic settings will allow.

Clipping in Cover
We’ve fixed an issue that could cause 47 to get stuck in a wall, teleport or fall out of world in a staircase in Sapienza.

Missing Vector
We’ve fixed an issue on PS4 that could cause the game to become unresponsive when resuming the game from Rest Mode during the Vector mission.

Bonus Episode Installation
We’ve fixed an issue on PS4 that would occur when installing the game from a disc. The in-game store would display the Bonus Episode as ‘owned’ (displaying a checkbox) by default. However, the episode was not owned until a redemption voucher included in the box had been redeemed. With this change, the Bonus Episode will only show as ‘owned’ when a redemption code has been used.

Progression Counter
We’ve fixed a visual issue with the display of Location Mastery on the location menus after reaching the max level. The game will no longer display “6000 XP to next level” when reaching the max level.

Featured Complications
We’ve made a back-end fix to Featured Contracts so that any complications for those contracts are correctly displayed. Previously, the Featured Contracts menu might display that all of the complications were activated when some of them were optional. The correct functionality was set in-game and this was purely a visual issue.

What’s Next?

The May Roadmap shows all of the content coming to Hitman this month. Definitive Edition owners will get their first taste of Elusive Targets on May 18th when Gabriel Santos, aka The Chef, arrives in Paris. #GabeBurn #DestroyedByGabe #GabesLaughingAtYou #BurnedInTheFace

May_Roadmap_FINAL-1024x576.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, so many different release versions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom