Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game is just perfect.
Upsetting both the backwater rejects with their heads stuck in the 50s and the turbo-SJWs who just want to burn down anything by association.
Without actually having much of anything related to either of those in the game itself!
Beating the best trolls at trolling without even trying to.

How can I not buy several copies of it just to reward that pretty amazing feat?
.... hopefully, it's actually somewhat decent.

Aarwolf

Learned
Can anyone explain to me the obviously insane chain of reasoning and pseudo-logic that led troons to claim the game supports trans-genocide? What the fuck triggered them so much about this game? Somehow I doubt Hogwarts is going to have gas chambers in the basement where you have to stuff troons in for exp.

I think it's their need to be relevant and in the centre of attention. For me, I like living in my backwater part of Europe (ie. everything that is not part of anglosphere), b/c one place I can read about their butthurt is the internet. Of course, big media outlets are adding paragraph or two about the controversy in articles about the game, bo I think nobody cares much, it's just this strange american thing one should handwave about.

As of myself, I bought the game yesterday, my wife and my daughter are huge HP fans and they don't give a shit about JK Rowling or this whole "transgenocide" thing. They are there for the world itself and the ability to roleplay magical special child wizard for pure fun.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
2023-01-10-11-11-09-Hogwarts-Legacy-Harry-Potter-open-world-action-RPG-prequel-set-in-the-late-180.png

Now I'm definitely buying this game.
y0tEqmN.png
You get to fuck Rowling and anyone who buys the game for 69.99? Not a bad deal.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Without actually having much of anything related to either of those in the game itself!
You are allowed to make a trans character. How is that not related to SJW people?
Having a freeform character creation that doesn't put artificial restrictions in isn't really related to anything.
Like... you have X character models, Y cosmetics, Z voices, etc. and you can mix and match any of those as you want.

Eg in Baldurs Gate you can also freely choose portraits, voices and character dolls and imagine your char as trans if you so desire.
I don't think too many people walk around claiming that BG is some woke propaganda tool :lol:

Any actual agenda pushing would have to be in the writing and I somewhat doubt that will happen.
But if it does happen, it would be even funnier as then the same fools would have to praise and reject it at the same time and I'll enjoy seeing the mental gymnastics there.

backwater rejects
you live in finland
In a 200k+ city, yes.
Don't worry, though, there are more than enough swamps here. All those lakes, you know...
So it would be a great place to live in even for you. :desu:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
The advertising for this game is filled with niggers. This game isn't any less woke than other AAA games currently on the market.

Edit: Rusty has it right. What a sad state of affairs.

Delterius

Arcane
Having a freeform character creation that doesn't put artificial restrictions in isn't really related to anything.
So having a trans character in a female only room in a game is not related to anything?
this really is one of those 'which way western man' memes innit

fund jk rowling's royalty checks, hope she donates some money to funny terf groups in britain

or boycott game for having black kids in it

meanwhile i'm wondering how long it will take for people to 'remove' denuvo from this game

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
meanwhile i'm wondering how long it will take for people to 'remove' denuvo from this game
The only known denuvo cracker is a trans, so it may be cracked fast because "no way I'm going to support JKR" or it may take far long because "god knows when was the last time Empress even cracked some denuvo game". The rest prefer to get a job at Denuvo or being paid to not crack a denuvo game.

Delterius

Arcane
The only known denuvo cracker is a trans, so it may be cracked fast because "no way I'm going to support JKR" or it may take far long because "god knows when was the last time Empress even cracked some denuvo game".
thats a more based conundrum than i was expecting. cool because i ain't paying money to steam for the privilege of burning my pc

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
So having a trans character in a female only room in a game is not related to anything?
Bear in mind that (afaik) you only select your character model, cosmetics, dorm, voice, etc. you never directly select a sex.
So the game never actually determines or cares about what's "under the hood".
The rest - I assume, anyway - is up to your imagination.

If you wanna imagine being some creep in a girls dorm, go ahead, I guess?
I somewhat doubt the game is gonna feature any sexy time :lol:

Sure, realistically, some combinations of the available choices would most definitely raise eyebrows in the "real" world, but you can't exactly demand a game to try and filter who is or isn't "passing".
Just like how you can create the most horribly disfigured monstrosities in other games, but the NPCs won't react to you being alarmingly ugly.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom