Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
They claim to put black people in European settings for black representation and to counter black erasure, but while they allegedly care enough to do this to every single high-budget game, they don't care enough to make a single high-budget game in African settings or based on African cultures. Retard wokes ought to think for two minutes maximum to recognize this cynical, disgusting and obvious behavior they routinely support if they're against racism like they claim but they won't.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They claim to put black people in European settings for black representation and to counter black erasure, but while they allegedly care enough to do this to every single high-budget game, they don't care enough to make a single high-budget game in African settings or based on African cultures. Retard wokes ought to think for two minutes maximum to recognize this cynical, disgusting and obvious behavior they routinely support if they're against racism like they claim but they won't.
:bro:
Hit the nail on the head there.

omg omg [product] creators are signaling cultural and political views compatible with my own
You seem a bit triggered, bulgarian tranny. Show me the fucking Ayn Rand references and Milton Friedman cameos in Hogwarts.
I'd pay for this
Here you go: Values of Harry Potter. It's an analysis and critique of the moral themes of Harry Potter, from a generally Randian perspective. The author finds some similarities.

Harthwain

Magister
Can anyone explain to me the obviously insane chain of reasoning and pseudo-logic that led troons to claim the game supports trans-genocide? What the fuck triggered them so much about this game? Somehow I doubt Hogwarts is going to have gas chambers in the basement where you have to stuff troons in for exp.

Or did their persecution complex and other delusions simply grow proportionally with their butthurt that Rowling will make more money form this despite them trying to cancel her, to the point where they need to cry genocide and invent other libel in some last ditch attempt to cancel her?
The way I see they think they have more pull than they really have. Still, I am interested to actually see how this plays out.

My take is that the majority of Harry Potter fans don't care about woke/progressive/whatever shit the media constantly talk about. I am going to go as far as to say that the same is likely to be true for other things as well - otherwise Kingdom Come: Deliverance wouldn't have sold as well as it did. The fake controversy about treatment of women directed at The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by feminists (and their supporters) is another similar case worth noting where it didn't hurt the game whatsoever.

All in all, I am sure there are plenty of people who will buy the game solely because it is part of the Potterverse. If it's half-decent (for the mainstream taste) it may do even better.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I am going to go as far as to say that the same is likely to be true for other things as well - otherwise Kingdom Come: Deliverance wouldn't have sold as well as it did.

Fake controversies boggle the mind. I'm assuming the amount of actual people who got assmad about it are way lower than what gaming journalists want.

Also, there are few careers I have more contempt for than mainstream "gaming journalism." Thankfully it's dying, as streamers and Youtubers have taken over, but that's also a different type of decline.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can anyone explain to me the obviously insane chain of reasoning and pseudo-logic that led troons to claim the game supports trans-genocide?

Simple :
1 - She said things against the progressist religion despite agreeing 99,99% of their religion. She just don't believe that putting biological males in female prisons is safe
2 - "muh transphoby, she want to genocide all trans people"

you'd pass over a game with magic as its core interaction mechanic.

How the game deals with magic is more important IMO. If the game is all about magic but spells aren't deadly, it sucks.

Anyway, an game which I din't like sorcery despite everyone else liking magic there is Dragon's Dogma. I played mostly as an Ranger there. Sorcerers are boring, press two buttons and pray to not be interrupted for dozens of seconds and them see completely over the top devastation. Magic Archer the best magical class in the game. As they are amazing not only at range with lots of powerful magick bow attacks but in melee too with immolation spell.

Can anyone explain to me the obviously insane chain of reasoning and pseudo-logic that led troons to claim the game supports trans-genocide? What the fuck triggered them so much about this game? Somehow I doubt Hogwarts is going to have gas chambers in the basement where you have to stuff troons in for exp.

Or did their persecution complex and other delusions simply grow proportionally with their butthurt that Rowling will make more money form this despite them trying to cancel her, to the point where they need to cry genocide and invent other libel in some last ditch attempt to cancel her?
People who think it's sane to chop off their dicks have batshit insane logic.

I won't buy it to "own the trannies le epic style", I just want a comfy boarding school simulator.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Because it's not and never has been about 'representation'. It's about removing whitey and making people think niggers have always been everywhere in Europe to lessen the opposition to ze great replacement. Obviously the retarded virtuesignalling devs do not realize this and are just doing it for the ESG and because they're NPCs listening to what their masters spew through bots and 'journalists', but that's the ultimate goal behind the massive push across all media everywhere in every western country.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's about removing whitey and making people think niggers have always been everywhere in Europe to lessen the opposition to ze great replacement.
the-goyim-know-shut-it-down-jew-walkie-talkie.jpg

Oy vey!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want to buy this game so bad, but I always hate to get on a bandwagon or join a herd. This smells like a marketing ploy so much...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom