Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
they're all saying that Rowling is the reincarnation of Hitler.

Man, I'm glad for all the shit she's getting, I hope she keeps getting more and more of it for the rest of her life.

Bitch was the President of the "Lions won't eat my face" Party, pandering to every mentally ill freak for Good Goy points until it got too much even for her. Well, turns out, the lions will, in fact, eat your face too.
I'm sure she's feeling it between the millions upon millions of dollars she still earns each year from royalties.

money-crying.gif

Semiurge

Cipher

You know, at first glance, I was sure that this was from rpg.net, because this is exactly their brand of retarded holier-than-thouism.

Surprisingly, it seems that rpg.net hasn't (yet) forbidden people from talking about the game. Not that it matters much : the only somewhat recent thread I could find about the subject on their forums only has a handful of messages and they're all saying that Rowling is the reincarnation of Hitler.

No surprise. The last sane cis gamers left are on the Codex now. Something in the water, foodstuffs or vaxxines is corrupting the young. They're the most idiotic generation ever.

Lambach

Arcane
I'm sure she's feeling it between the millions upon millions of dollars she still earns each year from royalties.

money-crying.gif

Surprisingly enough, despite all those millions, she actually does seem to be feeling it, judging by her public statements and posts on social media.

I'm not saying it will ruin her life or destroy her mental health or anything, but she does seem fairly butthurt over the fact that many of those she pandered so hard to (and even some of the cast of the HP movies) now consider her literally Hitler.

Skdursh

Savant
Omg what did transpeople ever do to you guys?
Well, you see, I'm actually a part of a "multiple system" and my "Transsexual Autogynephile" personality killed my "Otherkin Charizard/Articuno Cyborg" personality by tricking them into a room where they were unable to escape the malignant stench of rotten meat and human shit emanating from their post-op completely-the-same-as-a-real-woman's bussy. Now me, the "TERF Snake-Woman" personality and the "Regular Guy Who Just Wants To Grill" personality have teamed up and are slowly coercing the "Transsexual AGP" into joining the 41% by forcing them to look at awful ":negative:anti-twans whetorwic:negative:" every time control switches over to them and they see the just absolutely terwibble things (we) post to CODEX.

So, you know, we're really a lot more similar than you might think, we're both fucking retards. Stay pozzed! :hug:

Artyoan

Arbiter
They will all say they hate it on twitter. They will disassociate the author from her own work, in their own minds. Then they will all play it. Social animals cultivating their social environment so they can justify any impulse. Gotta perform first though.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The ESG score for this game must be off the charts! Hard to believe this might be the biggest game of the year and one of the best selling games of all time. Is anyone here actually hate buying this?

Modron

Arcane
No I preordered Yakuza: Ishin! and will get Dreams in the Witch House as another February Day One Morgoth instead.

Duraframe300

Arcane
The ESG score for this game must be off the charts! Hard to believe this might be the biggest game of the year and one of the best selling games of all time. Is anyone here actually hate buying this?
I may down the line. Not hate buy, but looks like it could be a fun time.

Seethe

Arbiter
I don't care about your tranny war, if you buy this god-of-war-shadow-of-war-assassin's-creed-like, you have actual shit for brains and suffer from slave mentality. At least do yourself a favor and outright admit that it's "to piss off trannies", but don't use this as a crutch to defend this AAA slop and claim that "ackchually this is a good game, lol trannies b mad".

0F2DFB73D100EA93119F90EDF0C323C41DFC5CA7

Last edited:

Seethe

Arbiter
After UI/UX became a degree thing, UI/UX in games died.
Also, westoids can't make games anymore. It's just a confirmed fact.
It's not just UI/UX. The """"RPG"""" mechanics are what you tend to find in mobile game garbage. The depth is not there, it would be better if this "blue item that gives you 2% more damage and defense, purple item that gives you 5% more damage. also here's your health, stamina, flat general defense and flat general offense attributes bro" nonsense, together with all the mind numbingly boring skills that you can fully unlock by the end of the game which give you the illusion of choice....would just stop existing period. It was already trash 5 years ago, how is it possible for this garbage to continue existing still?

Harthwain

Magister
It was already trash 5 years ago, how is it possible for this garbage to continue existing still?
It's easy to implement. Easier than having skills to fundamentally alter your playstyle or how they interact with the environment.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It was already trash 5 years ago, how is it possible for this garbage to continue existing still?
It's easy to implement. Easier than having skills to fundamentally alter your playstyle or how they interact with the environment.

It's really easy to fall into this trap as a dev because +% bullshit is so easy, while making items/skills/etc have unique gameplay is so much work. You have to add new graphics, new animations, programming, do balancing, testing, actually be creative...

People put in the work if they care about what they do. If you're working on some souless, corporate slop to be fed to a bunch of mouthbreathers who don't expect any better...

Why would you care?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just saw footage of combat for the first time and was horrified to see the fucking 3rd person no-downside dodge roll being used every 3 seconds.

Where to start? Do we ever choose to play magic-users because we want to be an acrobatic ninja? Do we go to stories about schoolchildren looking for acrobatic ninjas? Do we wear long robes because we want to dress like an acrobatic ninja? Does a late 1800s setting usually feature acrobatic ninjas?

So fucking
TrumpDisgusting.png

Modron

Arcane
I just want another Bully game. Will have to settle for this as the closest thing to a comfy boarding school sim.

Cross

Arcane
I just saw footage of combat for the first time and was horrified to see the fucking 3rd person no-downside dodge roll being used every 3 seconds.

Where to start? Do we ever choose to play magic-users because we want to be an acrobatic ninja? Do we go to stories about schoolchildren looking for acrobatic ninjas? Do we wear long robes because we want to dress like an acrobatic ninja? Does a late 1800s setting usually feature acrobatic ninjas?

So fucking
TrumpDisgusting.png

:smug:

KzkpYUt.png

kangaxx

Arbiter

So fucking
TrumpDisgusting.png
So to nobody's surprise (on here at least), the game will be shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom