Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Showgunners (formerly Homicidal All-Stars) - turn-based tactics in a brutal late 21st century reality show from Hard West creators

Developer
https://www.showgunners.com

https://af.gog.com/en/game/showgunners?as=1649904300

Helloes!
We're revealing our new tactical game today, 5PM CEST! In 3 hours!

Here: https://twitter.com/HomicidalGame
And here: https://www.facebook.com/HomicidalAllStars/

(we = the team behind Hard West! and Phantom Doctrine!)
(or whats left of that team!)
(let's just say: the biggest accumulation of HW and PD devs out there!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Developer
You better have proper melee in this one.
can confirm, but thats a secret for [checks watch] 68 more minutes, dont tell anyone

Also did you play Silent Storm yet?
i did
would love it if i had as much time as i did when i was twelve

Kacper Szymczak am I still under NDA now that it's announced?
is this a trick question lol
nda covers all the non-public information, snitches get stitches bruh

but you can say you loved it

Codex Year of the Donut
BTW, the game ran perfect on Linux via proton out of the box, you should consider getting Steamdeck certified or however that works.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
real-time with turn-based
smug.png

lightbane

Arcane
I thought rusty was physically unable to enjoy things anymore, so he was most likely paid. Does this mean this game is good, or bad?

Saduj

Arcane
Trailer is a cross between promos for Ninja Warrior and Battlebots. Will follow on Steam.

Also, I completely forgot that Sub-Zero was a professor. Shame on me.

Shin

Cipher
The game might be good but I despise the announcer's voice and delivery in that trailer.

Developer
I like the logo art. Reminds me of some 90s FASA covers.
actually spot on, congrats

Will there be character creation?
Can I make my dream team?
what? no
if theres something we learned over the years people make awful characters
we made you good looking characters instead

Wishlisted because that cynical bastard rusty_shackleford said he had fun, so I'm going to take his word for it. :P
Wish I could tell you guys more, but alas, I have to leave it in generalities for now. If you like tacticool games, it's definitely worth a look when it comes out.
tacticool is actually a very accurate descriptor

The game might be good but I despise the announcer's voice and delivery in that trailer.
a) its better in the game
b) you get to turn it off
c) you get to turn a lot of great stuff off, its tailor made for people who cant appreciate the finer things in life, we are very inclusive

(you can scale the aesthetics down to your level)
(he he)

You better have proper melee in this one.
looks like melee is the only way to go deterministic?

Kacper Szymczak what is this rng that im seeing
how can you possibly watch a 1 minute trailer and extrapolate something like this, tell me

there's plenty tools that make it deterministic (eg. grenades), most abilities are deterministic also
and also if youre good
if you're good, then things play out the way you want

so we generally went with rng this time, but its not a full range rng with potshots and all
its just a good rng
you'll like it, its great

agris

Arcane
Patron
Kacper Szymczak whats the camera control situation? We in baby mode 90 degree rotation increments? Full ubermensch fixed perspective?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom