Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horror games?

Should there be a sub-forum for horror games?

• Total voters

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Seems like a genre worthy of its own sub-forum.

Discuss.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I don't think there's enough demand for such a Forum. Looking through the first couple pages of the General Gaming Forum for instance, I can spot only very few Threads about horror games.
So I'd say while the Genre undoubtedly is worthy of it's own sub-forum in general, it is not in this particular den of iniquity.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I thought that's what the Mass Effect / Fallout 4 / Dragon Age topics were for?

It's truly horrifying that such things are called "games".

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
this horror fad shit is getting fucking tiring. most of these games aren't even horror; it's stupid scary shit where you wander around in some warehouse with poor lighting to hide the shittiness then some fuckface little girl with long hair or some faggot with long limbs and no face jumps out at you and you die instantly wow that's so fucking scary please like and subscribe. die.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Awesome. So could we put games like Fallout 3 and Skyrim (Which are fucking horrors of cRPG gaming) in this new forum?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
this horror fad shit is getting fucking tiring. most of these games aren't even horror; it's stupid scary shit where you wander around in some warehouse with poor lighting to hide the shittiness then some fuckface little girl with long hair or some faggot with long limbs and no face jumps out at you and you die instantly wow that's so fucking scary please like and subscribe. die.

You seem very angry agentorange. Why are you so angry? Maybe you should watch some more pewdiepie videos to calm yourself down.

Haven't played much of recent horror themed games but what you say does remind of that piece of crap Slender. There are more "games" of this type? I don't get how anyone would enjoy playing that.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

Haven't played much of recent horror themed games but what you say does remind of that piece of crap Slender. There are more "games" of this type? I don't get how anyone would enjoy playing that.

As far as I can tell just about every "horror" game coming out now is like that, especially the ones for the Occulus. Gone are the days of Silent Hill, when the creators cared about more than just getting a cheap scare out of the audience. These new horror games have no dignity.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Every game has to be a completely unique experience?

Even if they are formulaic and not very imaginative, they can still be enjoyed.

A user named cat

I just started replaying Scratches: Director's Cut. It's like a fresh new experience all these years later.

Can we have a Scratches subforum?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom