Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hostile takeover of shoutbox by substance abusing losers

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gandalf twiglard changed it so that all the people particpating in the chat show up now. Hiding your online status no longer hides you in the shoutbox user list.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gandalf twiglard changed it so that all the people particpating in the chat show up now. Hiding your online status no longer hides you in the shoutbox user list.
People hid their online status?
All the time

Privacy options

Show your online status
This will allow other people to see when you are online.
Show your current activity
This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing.

I used to hide, but then I stopped to make it easier for my shoutbox pals to know when I'm around. I still hide "currently viewing" stuff because that's nobody's business but mine.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
People hid their online status?
All the time

Privacy options

Show your online status
This will allow other people to see when you are online.
Show your current activity
This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing.

I used to hide, but then I stopped to make it easier for my shoutbox pals to know when I'm around. I still hide "currently viewing" stuff because that's nobody's business but mine.
You STALKERs are weird.

saeci

Arcane
Jenkem: reminder: if crispy ever calls you a pedo just point out his infatuation with emma watson in the first two harry potter films and natalie portman in leon the professional (you know, before she turned into "a bloated husk" as crispy says like in attack of the clones)

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I’m tempted to give shoutbox another shot now, seems there’s always good comedy/drama happening.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Jenkem: reminder: if crispy ever calls you a pedo just point out his infatuation with emma watson in the first two harry potter films and natalie portman in leon the professional (you know, before she turned into "a bloated husk" as crispy says like in attack of the clones)
Crispy is in no position to call anyone a pedo. His avatar looks like an old man that has molested many kids but is protected by the High Order because they don't want a scandal.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
He should be using an avatar of a wizard or lich from classic D&D/AD&D artwork:

DD%20FR4%20Cover.png
DD%20WG5%20Cover.png
DD%20FR6%20Cover.png
DD%20RA2%20Cover.png
DD%20FA2%20Wizard.png
DD%20RC%20Mage.png
DD%20Red%20Magic%20Cover.png
DD%20BECMI%20B%20Dungeon%20Master.png
tramp2.png
DD%20BECMI%20M%20Lich.png
DD%20I3-5%20Cover.png
DD%20X13%20Cover.png

jackofshadows

Magister
Just imagine what kind of girls (I mean both appearance as well as personality) would play "teehee I'm a gurl" card here of all places, I dare any of you (not for too long, don't be so harsh on yourself). And yet they're capable of inflicting this amount of drama on a regular basis. Fucking amazing.

Semiurge

Cipher
And yet they're capable of inflicting this amount of drama on a regular basis. Fucking amazing.
They are protected by the mods, so it's easy to wreck havok. Imagine if I had carte blanche to do as I please here.

Are they really, or are they simply magnets for behaviour that would get anyone banned even if the victim was a trouser wearing troll? Of course, banning someone for insulting or harassing a woman has more potential for drama, so that will increase the mod reactiveness. As does the fact that they're rare unicorns in corners like this. Being the only male in a female dominated forum would also have its benefits, but you don't need to endure any of the shit females get in male dominated places unless the forum is a total snake pit full of manhaters.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
And yet they're capable of inflicting this amount of drama on a regular basis. Fucking amazing.
They are protected by the mods, so it's easy to wreck havok. Imagine if I had carte blanche to do as I please here.

Are they really, or are they simply magnets for behaviour that would get anyone banned even if the victim was a trouser wearing troll? Of course, banning someone for insulting or harassing a woman has more potential for drama, so that will increase the mod reactiveness. As does the fact that they're rare unicorns in corners like this. Being the only male in a female dominated forum would also have its benefits, but you don't need to endure any of the shit females get in male dominated places. Or maybe you do, but it's welcome (the passes).
This pathetic white-knighting should go a long way in your path to modhood.

Semiurge

Cipher

Are they really, or are they simply magnets for behaviour that would get anyone banned even if the victim was a trouser wearing troll? Of course, banning someone for insulting or harassing a woman has more potential for drama, so that will increase the mod reactiveness. As does the fact that they're rare unicorns in corners like this. Being the only male in a female dominated forum would also have its benefits, but you don't need to endure any of the shit females get in male dominated places. Or maybe you do, but it's welcome (the passes).
This pathetic white-knighting should go a long way in your path to modhood.

I'm just considering all angles impartially. You must agree that identifying as female in a place like this invites a lot of attention, some of it being negative. The odds favor someone crossing a line sooner or later, without provocation I might add. Should a mod look the other way because <hypothetical aggressor> has been turned down by women too many times and has decided that all women must pay? Applying the same rules to everyone is equality, and favors no-one in particular.

SDG's drama was really nothing. He got his just deserts for shoutbox spam. A DAY'S BAN with a lot of whining afterwards.

Last edited:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
"women are responsible for their actions and that is including baiting men into this behavior and should face equal repercussions" my ass. Men and women aren't equal in this and shouldn't be treated as such. SDG was rejected like millions of guys before him and he is taking it extraordinarily badly, though he like the rest of us knew the deal before he took it. Nothing left to do for him but to move on tbh. Nothing more pathetic in this world than being jealous of female privilege.
absolutely triggered at the idea i would ever "send SDG signals", he joins at least one other codexer on my list of people for whom i'd rather seppuku than so much as have to touch. and the fact that riva can go on for paragraphs about the inherent unfairness of womenfolk, but can't wrap his head around "no means no" is beyond me.

Bitch please, he's a YouTube star.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom