Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hostile takeover of shoutbox by substance abusing losers

Grimlorn

Arcane
Frankly, I find the expectations you put on men absurdly low.
Haha get over yourself you stuck up bitch. You need to pull your head out of your ass and realize you're going to have to deal with guys who make you feel uncomfortable at some point. Just like men have had to deal with your BS at some point and it's nothing worth running to the moderation team over. Or making a long rant about how you expect men to act like they're in a Gillette commercial.

Humbaba

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
The only thing worse than a w*man is their orbiters.
PSA: rusty_shackleford is engaged and is merely grifting for brofists.
What does that have to do with online orbiters?
You only said "orbiters" originally and are now adding "online" to cover your ass, very clever. Fauxcel normie get outta here.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Beta Orbiter
A man a woman keeps around for platonic favors and services as well as for attention. He usually sticks around in the hope he'll some day get with her.

Humbaba

Arcane
You only said "orbiters" originally and are now adding "online" to cover your ass, very clever. Fauxcel normie get outta here.
A man a woman keeps around for platonic favors and services as well as for attention. He usually sticks around in the hope he'll some day get with her.
Your grift's been exposed, normie. Better luck next time.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Your grift's been exposed, normie. Better luck next time.
He posts 10k posts a year.

There's nothing normal about him.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I know its makin everything worse. I kinda miss rehab. That place made you feel normal. It's like a paradise for useless junkies like me to go and role play as normal people. You had a schedule and stuff and people to lean on. I'm just getting worse. The longer i go without booze the worse I get when I trip and fall on my face. I keep telling myself I'm getting better but it's seeming like I'm getting worse. I'm not ok and I don't have the money to get the help I need.
This calls for a Codex fundraiser where the money goes directly to a rehab center of his choice.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know its makin everything worse. I kinda miss rehab. That place made you feel normal. It's like a paradise for useless junkies like me to go and role play as normal people. You had a schedule and stuff and people to lean on. I'm just getting worse. The longer i go without booze the worse I get when I trip and fall on my face. I keep telling myself I'm getting better but it's seeming like I'm getting worse. I'm not ok and I don't have the money to get the help I need.
This calls for a Codex fundraiser where the money goes directly to a rehab center of his choice.

Rehab was good for SDG. The mistake he made was trying to use it as a dating service instead of focusing on getting well.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Rehab was good for SDG. The mistake he made was trying to use it as a dating service instead of focusing on getting well.
A male-only rehab then.
Hey lady Error, just thanks that you are a normal poster (for this site), even if you have a female name, i heard thats impossible.

EDIT: I am absolutely up to getting SDG into rehab, if that is needed. I am more than willing to put money where my mouth is.

Codex Year of the Donut
they're a primary reason for the casualization of MMOs
Because the Leeroy Jenkins video was created by a woman. -_-
what does that have to do with casualization?
what I stated is a fact. The MMO genre shifted to target the female audience and it led to disastrous results.

Do you know what the #1 game for females aged 25-54 in 2008 was?
World of Warcraft.
https://www.engadget.com/2009-04-09-nielsen-wow-is-most-played-core-game-by-25-54-females.html

Know what the #1 non-browser game genre for female gamers in general is?
MMORPGs.
https://quanticfoundry.com/2017/01/19/female-gamers-by-genre/

It's not even debatable that the genre was destroyed by targeting the farmville audience. There's really no comparison to how fast and hard MMORPGs fell from golden boy genre to toxic to investors.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Do I have to sink that low and bring up the pathetic cybersex the thot were having on the shoutbox, or can we just admit the the shoutbox is used mostly by retard, boozer, druggy and women and only serve as a containment zone ?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
sdg's problem is that he didn't follow rehab up with anything, they should have connected him with an alcoholics anonymous

Trying to date another alcoholic fresh out of the same rehab also didn't help. IIRC you also tried to warn him off that path in the original thread.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
what does that have to do with casualization?
Because there is always that loud, obnoxious friend of a friend, that doesn't know what to do when a pull happens, who gets the decline ball rolling.

Your stats are for a couple of years after, when all the nerds started getting wives.

EDIT: I said that on a ballpark, and it turns out I was right. Leeroy came out May 2005. Your stats seem to be 2007-2008.

Derringer

Prophet
There is absolutely no reason for this to happen, at all, if the "women" where just behaving like normal users, created an account and did not make their own sex and sexuality the topic all the time.
I mean, you, or idk. Crispy could be a woman for all I know, how many times are you asked out by the incel and lonely crowd your forum definitely has a part of?

I feel like you think you're being very logical about this, but are missing just how much emotional content / arbitrary bias you're expressing here.

Yes, my name is "Theodora". One of the few things I noticed about this place before signing up was there seemed to be a lot of people interested in history, and Theodora and Justinian are two of my favourite historical figures, and I've rarely met a history nerd that didn't find Eastern Rome fascinating. My name was an offer to talk about that, not my sex. I did not realise that amongst the kind and interesting people on here that there would be quite so many neurotic assholes whose every other thought revolves around an insecurity over women (not to mention an obsessive, love-hate fascination with trannies).

Frankly, I find the expectations you put on men absurdly low. DU in my rare interactions with him doesn't treat me like those men, nor does Infinitron, Crispy, Scruffy, essentially no one on staff, including those who think I am an idiot; a fuckton of other men on the forum fail to act so pathetically either, but you act like this pathetic behaviour is just what men do when reminded a) women exist b) that they have a sexuality.

It never occurred to me to obfuscate my gender on here because when I have remained anonymous elsewhere, those with a shred of empathy or awareness soon picked up that I wasn't a dude, either from how I type, or -- outright -- hearing me on voip. Not sure why I should've approached this place differently, given again: I had no notion there were this many misogynists.

Generally, as with Mebrilia, others bring up my sexuality and I correct them. If that's bait to you, you're living in a very strange bubble indeed. Once again though, this is all your conjecture; and I'm hardly on any plane of comparison with the guys posting smut for each other, or referencing to their own sexual behaviours. I don't care what they're up to, but I don't see how you establish it's my responsibility to cater to the particular group of hopeful, horny morons that think they're going to getting a gf by harassing some stranger on a different continent.

People have responsibility for their own self-mastery, and your whole fixation -- literally and metaphorically -- that 'short skirt = responsibility for others' violence' is a total cop-out, and at best a cope for your own uncomfortable thoughts. The fact you can't identity that all this is totally asocial behaviour leaves me at a loss for words. Go on a pilgrimage or something, find your humanity.
History is fun to talk about and research, at least I still have interest in it even if half of it could be made up shit up to a certain point, a lot of it up to the 1400s is sketchy but you have to take what you can before that and process it how you can.

sdg's problem is that he didn't follow rehab up with anything, they should have connected him with an alcoholics anonymous
Any sort of group/cell of people he could talk to would be better than just rehab really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom