Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hostile takeover of shoutbox by substance abusing losers

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

FriendlyMerchant

Everyone in this thread with a Japanese cartoon avatar or who's moderator gets a donut courtesy of Israel

B4fapfv.jpg

Make sure to send more money to Israel if you want more.

SumDrunkGuy

You wouldn't know any of them because they never bothered to acknowledge your boring existence.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
As much as Grauken and I disagree over everything else, I think broadly speaking that's true. I don't actually remember any real quality poster ever getting the axe.

I'm not talking about shoutbox though, just posters on the forum. The legends mostly just don't post for 10+ years and then sometimes come back.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
How about a long time druggy quality poster? Can there not be at least some exceptions? I don't even really Shoutbox! I swear!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm not talking about shoutbox though, just posters on the forum. The legends mostly just don't post for 10+ years and then sometimes come back.

Sadly most quality posters leave on their own accord eventually

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes seeing longtime quality posters getting systematically killed off is just hilarious.

I have never seen a longtime quality poster getting banned on the codex. Only shoutbox druggies and shitposters.
Eh, mondblut that one time. He basically asked for it though. :lol:
Was that during "don't say nigger" week? I got the axe there too but it was for a good cause, I got to write nigger. So transgressive.

Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
As much as Grauken and I disagree over everything else, I think broadly speaking that's true. I don't actually remember any real quality poster ever getting the axe.

Yes jasede we get it, you have a serious case of codexian nostalgia syndrome. I have some cold truths for you. Times have changed. The old codex is never coming back, no matter how much you scream at the clouds about how you miss it and how shit everyone and everything is in comparison to it. It has a new personality now, new faces. Just because they aren't the ones you remember, doesn't mean they are worthless.
SDG is absolutely right. Quality, funny, interesting and deep personalities have been nuked left, right and centre over the past few days. This place is dying.

Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
Well it's a matter of opinion I guess. I'm not gonna start reeling off names but I'll say that every single poster who has been nuked brought some value to the codex. Unique personalities, even if caustic and abrasive. You don't delete a character from your RPG just because they are obnoxious or they are the antagonist. With each of their departures the codex is a little poorer culturally, a little emptier, a little more sterile. I know there are many here who are glad they are gone, but personally I will miss every single one of them.

On a more personal note, this whole debacle has made me look inward and think that perhaps I am too emotionally invested in this place. It has become a huge part of my life over the last couple years and I probably need to straighten out my priorities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom