Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How come modern gaymers are now into 'immersive sims'

Siel

Arcane
Patron

With upcoming games like:

- Deus Ex 4
- System Shock remake
- Prey
- System Shock 3
- Dishonored 2
- new Underworld

Is the decline of the Industry finally slowing down, codex?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think, in the end, it's still the same old guys, Arkane and OtherSide, which are successors of Looking Glass and Ion Storm Austin.

For Nu Deus Ex, I feel they're just trying to emulate the old Dues Ex with modern game trappings (plus their own things) rather than striving immersive simulations.

Also not so hopeful about the System Shock Remake on that front.

Severian Silk

When I hear 'Immersive Sim' I picture something like No Man’s Sky or Space Engine.

SniperHF

Arcane
Well first of all like half the titles in the OP aren't really aimed and "modern gamers" and second of all Dishonored is not an immersive sim.

Ivan

Arcane
Agree that Dishonored is not an immersive sim. I think that agency needs to be organic, come about from abilities chosen by the player, i.e. it can't be a wild card (magic) that the game gifts the player, e.g. Blink.

Because gamers are fucking retards who will gladly preorder on the basis of meangingless buzzwords like open-world, procedural generation, immersive play and so on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom