Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

how do you like to roleplay?

eli

Learned
what do you find the most likeable aspect of your character when you roleplay? their background?, behaviour?, professions?, etc...

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Most important thing is the character model and the customization. Game's no good if you can't create a cutie with a shapely ass.

After that, it's all about having suggestive casual animations, walking and running anims especially, that give you an idea about how your character would perform in an intimate setting. Poise and attitude, it's all there.

Finally, you need extensive romance options to put all that to good use. That's where roleplaying happens, yeah? No bedroom play means it's not an RPG. It's also very important that all female characters be lesbians or bisexual so you can have some roleplaying with them.

Bioware understood this, they perfected the roleplaying formula, and that's why they made the best RPGs.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
If the woman is dressed as a French maid, it's good enough for me.
Fallout New Vegas truly is the pinnacle of RPG's
Screen-Shot1167.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Behavior I guess. Try to keep the character, ehm, in character. It's hard to say no to that sweet gold, or quest XP at times, but some stuff a good/evil guy just won't do.

typical user

Arbiter
I like to play as smart-ass do-gooder like the nameless hero from Gothic or PC from Fo2. Nothing feels better for me than trash-talking the big baddies and then beating them up.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That character's ability to hold up his or her own role in the party more efficiently.

For a fighter-type, better melee combat skills and feats.

For a magic-user-type, higher-level and deadlier spells.

For a cleric-type, better protection and healing magic.

For a thief, get the fuck out there in front and make sure nothing's going to gank us, criminal scum.

curds

Magister
Try this page if you're looking for ideas!

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Roleplaying

Here's some especially good tips:

Put your armor in the cupboards, put your sword on the bed next to you, etc, before you sleep. Put on a simple outfit as "pajamas".

For drinks, you can mix ingredients and call the potion "Juice".

Use your map only when you are sheltered. If it is raining or snowing, your map could get soaked and most likely ruined.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Compensatory Gigachad Supermen and Fucky Nympho Harlots are so passé. I always make my characters the most generic and milquetoast possible, as to make every adventure a compelling underdog tale of self-fulfillment and overcoming the odds.

For starters, all my protagonists:

• Have no fantastical powers from the setting.
  • Are below average in attractiveness.
  • Must have brown hair.
  • Have every customization slider set to the middle value.
  • Never drop stats below the median value, yet never increase them past the 80th percentile.
  • Are headcannoned as to come from families that love them very much (despite their mediocrity)
  • Are roleplayed to have been magically transported to the game setting from their humble middle class home.
  • Never consummate romances because they want to be honest and true to their true love back on Earth.
  • Are all named Clark. (Or Clarkette)

Last edited:

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
what do you find the most likeable aspect of your character when you roleplay? their background?, behaviour?, professions?, etc...

I like all of it, but I really like when there's stats, classses, races, skills, and all those things that define your character numerically. I enjoy the lore, too, and when I roleplay I generally like to adapt to the given situation as best I can. When playing Risen, I felt like I had to do anything to survive. It's a deserted island, you're basically all alone with nothing to your name, so I thieved, pickpocketed and stealthed my way into surviving there. For Underrail I want to survive as well, especially on a higher difficulty, so I scrounge whatever I can find and hopefully have enough overall clout to get stronger and survive there, too. It's all about adapting to the situation, for me, I find that the most fun. Cheers for the topic and for anyone listening to my rambling! :D God bless. <3

Inziladun

Magister
For tabletop I find creating the backstory and character motivations to be the "most fun" and put the most effort into it. Actually playing table top I don't like to "role play" so much as I like to "what would my character do". Some people get really into the larp stuff and it makes me uncomfortable.

For Computer RPGs I don't really roleplay... more interested in actual mechanics of the game and an interesting story.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I like that my characters are average joes that still manage to devise the most efficient/fun way to murder, destroy, and loot anyone or anything that moves/gives xp/drops loot.

laclongquan

Arcane
Uniqueness yet playable.

It's been quite a while since I can do a good roleplay.

The latest, would be Jinxed Luck10 or Luck2 PC in Fallout 1/2. it's interesting to fight unarmed with enemies who keep dropping weapons, destroying it, or hit themselves in the asses.

It's not the most fun (because losing loots) but it's most unique and still playable.

The second latest, would be Wild Mage in Baldur's gate 2, SC stratagem. Since SCS is hard, I can do all the tricks with Wild Mage to overcome them~

Also not the most fun or most efficient, but it's most unique and still playable.

These two factors are important in roleplay~

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
good guy sneaky fucker that occasionally steals things if he can get away with it without too much effort

npcs in video games aren't real people and don't need their belongings

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly, the most important thing to me is reactivity. Or, at least, it used to be.

Nowadays the most important thing is that the game doesn't have bugs. I just want to play 2h without having to be reminded that reality exists.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure it is what I like the most but I enjoy when I can play characters whose personality, personal ideology, moral beliefs etc. are clearly defined by their actions and conversational choices. That way I can try to form a consistent character. Sometimes this can lead to suboptimal but interesting outcomes, sometimes it just makes me think about what my character would really do or think in a given situation. A lot of modern games track conversational choices with some kind of metric (DivDiv, PoE, Numanuma, Disco, etc.) but that isn't even necessary if you allow the player to define their character by offering plenty of choices (AoD).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom