Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How does the delete function work?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Sometimes I have a delete function on my posts, sometimes not. How's it set up?

Spazmo

Erudite
You can delete your post as long as it's the last post in the thread. If somebody else has posted something since you posted your message, you can't delete it anymore. Similarly, if you edit a post before there are more replies after it, you don't get that little last edited tag.

We can delete any post any time, except we don't.

Jason

chasing a bee
The ultimate delete function:

listenkids2mp.jpg

(thanks to Fez, RIP)

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
Kind of funny that you bring this up KC. I just discovered that strange trend of the delete button today as well. BTW, I found a bit of a bug in it where sometimes it will only show the button for the first post (when you double post by accident) thus keeping you from deleting it (considers it to have had a reply, doh!). You actually have to go back out of the topic and then back into to get it to show up correctly.

obediah

Erudite
baby arm said:
The ultimate delete function:

listenkids2mp.jpg

(thanks to Fez, RIP)

Reminds me of an article I read about how much better old people are at killing themselves than anyone else. There's no cry for help or drama queen bullshit wilth pills and razor blades. It's mostle guns or hanging, and sleeping pills are backed with a plastic bag around the head.

In high school we had a hilarious rash of girls getting up in the middle of class and screaming "I'm going to the bathroom off the main hall to kill myself with these pills" and then taking three tylenol. It turned into some weird popularity contest.

Thrawn05

Scholar
obediah said:
Reminds me of an article I read about how much better old people are at killing themselves than anyone else. There's no cry for help or drama queen bullshit wilth pills and razor blades. It's mostle guns or hanging, and sleeping pills are backed with a plastic bag around the head.

In high school we had a hilarious rash of girls getting up in the middle of class and screaming "I'm going to the bathroom off the main hall to kill myself with these pills" and then taking three tylenol. It turned into some weird popularity contest.

Dude, if that happened back when I was in school, the entire place would be in a freaking lockdown. Everyone would be searched for any type of pills and razors and they would get hallway monitors to watch the bathrooms all the damn time.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
No shit, the faculty would have a collective spaz attack. I had a kickass principal who dressed like a mobster and the vice pricipals were a big angry black man and a good-ole' Texan, but not even they could keep everyone from freaking out.
There was one kid (who was an angst drama linkin park eminem wannabe (his mom pulled something like 90k a year running one of the major businesses in town, but he pretended he was poor and had it hard)) who did get searched during one of the random lockdowns and had a pair of knives and a little bit of cocaine in his backpack that the drug dogs found. I never laughed so hard in my life. He was a Halo fanboy, too, never suggest in his presence that Halo is not the most awesome game ever or YOU SHALL FEEL HIS WRATH :roll:. God, I hated that kid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom