Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

How is Vampire *Redemption*?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Texas Red, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Misanthrope Novice

Misanthrope
    Ah redemption. This game got me into Vampire PnP ( and PnP altogheter ) back when it initially came out. Honestly after the first chapter or so I just cheated myself into a god to be able to follow the story. As a game is an awful and tiresome clickfest, but that Christoph guy was just an awesome character. The Tzimisce, specially in the PnP, are quite possible the best villain concept ever created.

Not sure if its worth paying full retail price ( or even discount price ) since you would be better off buying a Vampire Novel or book.

^ Top  
  2. Bloodeyes Magister

Bloodeyes
    Bought this game on release, but my comp couldn't run it. Lost it somewhere. Thanks for reminding me of it, dling now.

^ Top  
  3. Surgey Scholar

Surgey
    They did Bashing damage. Bashing. Come on. They did 0 damage to the last boss, and to everything else you could just 10 times easier run up and cut them in half with a longsword.

^ Top  
  4. golgotha Liturgist

golgotha
    I bought this game in a bargain bin for $10 or so. I felt ripped off. I just didn't like it at all. I can see how someone would love the game, just not myself.

^ Top  
  5. xemous Arcane

xemous
    I equipped everyone with rocket launchers to push him back while I used that immolate fire rain spell on the last guy after a few tries I killed him without losing a party member. Every other boss I just had christoph run up and rip the shit of them with claws, potence, clarity and some other spell. He has a huge bloodpool, spent all my money getting him +blood rings but it was all useless for the last guy you can't melee him at all.
    Good game.

^ Top  
  6. Andrej Liturgist

Andrej
    Guns were shit, indeed.

^ Top  
  7. dunduks Liturgist

dunduks
    Not true, Prison of Ice + Feral Claws = dead boss/anything.

^ Top  
  8. Relayer71 Scholar

Relayer71
    Ditto.

Played it for a bit but found it extremely boring/repetetive.

Just got Bloodlines a week ago, huge improvement overall (and really love the voice acting/writing) but the combat system sucks as well - why do modern 3D RPGs have to be real time?

What is so bad about turn based combat? Would prefer that to these half-assed action game systems.

^ Top  
  9. Andrej Liturgist

Andrej
    Bullshit, I melee'd the last guy into tiny bits. All it took was a chainsaw and potence 5.

^ Top  
  10. psycojester Arbiter

psycojester
    Because its immersively cutting edge next-gen thats why.

^ Top  
  11. xemous Arcane

xemous
    Feral claws, thats what I used, and I had all the potency and all that shit on full and I couldn't melee him he had some sort of one hit kill that randomly triggered. I can't remember anyway I killed him with rocket launchers and fire.

^ Top  
  12. Andrej Liturgist

Andrej
    Fortitude, Potence, Serpentis, Celerity and a chainsaw, I beleive that's how I killed him.

^ Top  
  13. kingcomrade Kingcomrade Edgy

kingcomrade
    Celerity, that's a word you don't see often.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.