Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How NMA ruined Fallout 3 for everyone

Morbus

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Maybe next time he would drool less and pay more attention. Who knows?
Don't count on it...

Zomg

Arbiter
"We are paid to fluff industry hogs via saucy writeups of boring presentations, and you are cutting into our business."

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's a rather strange incident that right now, all authors of comments are being shown as "Anonymous" or other wrong names ;)

Morbus

Scholar
fastpunk said:
Vault Dweller said:
So, to be perfectly honest, I'm a little disappointed to see that these guys thought it'd be just dandy to apply "for the demo showing in name of another media company," video the whole shebang, then transcribe it with unsanctioned screen grabs.

What video?!?! :?: The guy recorded everything with his brain. Or are brains banned for Bethesda previews?
Ahah :lol: This is gold, my friend. Pure gold.

Anaglyph

Novice
Come on guys; a little more respect, please.

Otherwise the light of truth that Matt Peckham and his brave comrades shine in the dark halls of the PR Fortress might be forever extinguished.

By the way, Matt Peckham fucks pigs.

Wait, perhaps that was someone else. Nevermind.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Joe Krow said:
I hope this doesn't affect NMA's ad revenue. They should talk to a lawyer.

NMA doesn't even have any ad revenue. We're hosted by Atomic Gamer, all ad revenue goes to them. That's why I encouraged people to donate to NMA after the preview, because at that point about half the costs of this trip had been covered personally out of the pocket of me and SuAside. If I had a dayjob, that'd be ok, but both me and SuA are just students, so those costs weighed pretty heavily on both of us.

But y'know, we're evil. I bet SATAN will pay us for all the IRREPARABLE HARM we've caused to the VALHALLA OF JOURNALISM.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rat Keeng said:
This could ruin Bethesda -> gaming world public relations for decades to come.
That'd be a good thing, wouldn't it? Right now "independent" previews are largely worthless. Bethesda could as well release their own preview and there'd be no difference.

I say let's ruin the sweet, sweet releationship between developers and publishers on one side and gaming reporters on the other. Let's ruin it good. Maybe then proper journalism shall have a chance.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is just utterly pathetic. The guy should think about why the NMA preview has been better, more informative and more extensive than any other review available. Maybe instead of laughin at all the right moments about Hines' jokes and applauding, the NMA guys just concentrated on the topic at hand, showed genuine interest and just wrote their ass off scribling those notes. Like a motivated and honestly interested gaming journalist should do.

But no. THEY DIDNT JUST TAKE BETH PRESS RELEASE NOTES PREPARED BY BETHESDA AFTERWARDS; THEY MUST HAVE USED A SECRET SPYCAM!!!111

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Vandal said:
So as cool as all this is... is the Codex a Fallout 3 fansite now? Haven't seen any posts about anything else in awhile :)

Eh, it's a kicking pony. RPGCodex always needs a kicking pony. With Oblivion too long ago, Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are kind of slugging it out for the place of Codex' most-hated-game-currently-in-production.

Mass Effect should make a big run for it coming up to release, then it's Fo3 all the way, baby!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vandal said:
So as cool as all this is... is the Codex a Fallout 3 fansite now? Haven't seen any posts about anything else in awhile :)
What else is there at the moment? The RPG in development list is growing smaller with every year, much like a PC games section in a video games store.

Texas Red

Whiner
Vault Dweller said:
Vandal said:
What else is there at the moment? The RPG in development list is growing smaller with every year, much like a PC games section in a video games store.

I havent seen much The Witcher news here.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Walkin' Dude said:
I havent seen much The Witcher news here.

Same goes for Drakensang.

I think you could do with a *bit* more coverage on European RPGs, VD. Even if the Witcher and Drakensang aren't exactly highlights of the genre, they're worth more serious coverage than Mass Effect or Fallout 3.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Hmmm... unsanctioned screen grabs...

Oh, do they mean the one of Todd staring at the G4 lady's tits?

NiM82

Prophet
Well that article summarises everything that is wrong with 'professional' game journalism quite well imo.

You have the blatant ignorance of facts, poor research and a hack who quite clearly has shit for brains.

What's his gripe anyway - didn't he get an invite? Or is he just pissed more people read NMA than his shitty little blog (I notice there's fuck all in the way of comments for other articles there)?

SuAside

Novice
MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Work
NiM82 said:
What's his gripe anyway - didn't he get an invite? Or is he just pissed more people read NMA than his shitty little blog (I notice there's fuck all in the way of comments for other articles there)?
he says he has notes, so he has seen the preview.

sadly for him, his notes suck and he feels there is no way he can best our NMA preview.

Q_Q

Shannow

Waster of Time
No time to fully read it but those ethics sound like:"Dammit, those people actually gave bread to the poor! What will happen to all the bakers selling moldy, half-baked bread, calling it the best bread out there? The poor are supposed to BUY the bread. What next? Give them jobs and good pay? This is an outrage!"

Maybe I'll change my view when I had time to read everything...
So long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom