Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How NMA ruined Fallout 3 for everyone

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Who's this Matt Peckham dude anyway? I get the impression he likes to draw attention to himself. I know I've read his name before, so he either made some infamously shitty reviews or insulted the Fallout fanbase or something.

JoeDirt

Scholar
baby arm said:
Matt's article has nothing to do with jealousy or defending Bethesda. It's simply the result of Quarter To 3 peer pressure. We should try to help the lad through these troubling times rather than mocking him.

Explain plz. I'm always up for conspiracy theories... if he IS in league with qt3 it would explain much, since the ppl there are worse than the morons that post on Bethesda's boards. And Matt is a grade-A moron.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
SuAside said:
he just posted on NMA & didnt seem to make much sense... it looks like he thinks that because he's sure we jeopardised further press relations with Bethesda, that he's entitled to slander us, regardless of the validity of the accusations or the ease with which a little investigative journalism couldve refuted said claims.

wow, what awesome integrity.

yeah, sure, it's not true but they deserved it!

I suspect he was conciously lying when writing that article. He knows exactly that his argument is total bullshit when someone proves (within minutes) that his accusations towards NMA are blatantly wrong.

I think he wrote that lies fully concious, because he knew that although his lie will be set straight immidiatly, some kind of bad aura around NMA resulting from his accusation remains.
Frame someone for murder, even if he will be proven to be innocent in a court, people will always say "wasn't he involved in some horrible crime? There were accusations against him..."

Thats what this shitface was speculating on. Throw some shit at the NMA guys, some of it will remain.

And Claw is right, ive seen his buttugly face before in a context of miscrediting fallout fans.

Bradylama

Arcane
I really don't see how any of this can stick to NMA since Peckham is such a flaming retard. Anybody seen reactions to this on Qt3, SA, and what not?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Bradylama said:
I really don't see how any of this can stick to NMA since Peckham is such a flaming retard. Anybody seen reactions to this on Qt3, SA, and what not?

I doubt any of this will stick to NMA, since he's so obviously wrong, and not being defended in any comment (the comments show up on the frontpage of the blog)

Don't need to check QT3 or SA. They're the types that applauded and cajoled when Delsyn wished us all to die horribly. They'll applaud anything negative towards NMA, no matter what kind of a low attack it is. They'd laugh if I died from a heart attack tomorrow. And heck, if NMA invented a cure for cancer and presented it to the world, the QT3/SA goons would be deriding it for being extremist. Their opinion is as predictable as it is irrelevant, I gave up on 'em ages ago.

JoeDirt

Scholar
Poops, and the Qt3 forums are populated by hundreds of ppl who are just like him!

:twisted:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
We need an elite squad of fallout fans who can ride horses and shoot a rifle at the same time. We need to clean out these anti-fallout fans.

We will be called the...Wasteland Riders.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Claw said:
Who's this Matt Peckham dude anyway? I get the impression he likes to draw attention to himself. I know I've read his name before, so he either made some infamously shitty reviews or insulted the Fallout fanbase or something.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... hlight=1up

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... hlight=1up

VaultDweller said:
Everything could be blamed on Oblivion somehow, even the North Korean nuclear test.

ROFL!
Especially looking at F3 discussions now

Dmitron

Arbiter
Qt3 is populated by two things: god complexes and the resulting sycophants. There is no in between.

Amasius

Augur
Matt Peckham again, eh?
Matt_Peckham.png

Heh, even the QTT folks don't like him:
Draikin said:
After his NWN2 review, another quality article from our friend Matt Peckham. Same recipe as last time: lies and refusal to apologize. No one knew who he was one year ago, he's now the most hated "journalist" by the RPG community.
Than the predictable reply:
BobJustBob said:
Aww, did the poor widdle losers gets their feelings hurt? Gots a booboo? Want Black Isle to kiss it and make it better?

Also, "RPG Community". Ha ha, it is to laugh.
But than:
Rollory said:
Actually, that NMA review is excellently written. Picks up on a lot of the same things that would bug me - not because it's not a turn-based isometric Win98 game, but because they're just kinda silly and didn't need to be done that way. A crater from an unexploded nuke? What?

Krafter

Scholar
Kingston said:
I fucking hate these self-professed journalists who act as if they know shit about ethics and professionalism because they get to wear the "journalist" tag at a gaming conference.

The NMA people are more qualified.
QFT.

Great stuff, NMA. Stick it to the man.

bgillisp

Scholar
I liked the NMA review because it actually told me something about what the game is like right now, and gives me a good idea of what to expect in the final product. None of those glowing preview BS's you see in other magazines these days. The NMA preview reminded me of what previews were like in the early 90's. Previews then told people what the game was like at the time, and did not just write a bunch of glowing PR BS. They would even *gasp* critize the game when they wrote the preview if they did not agree with some of the decisions made.

And games magazine editors wonder why sales are continuously dropping. Let me give them a hint, it's not the internets fault, like they like to say...

denizsi

Arcane
Matt Peckham said:
First of all, there's no fact-checking here -- NMA pretty brazenly trumpeted its "deceitful" activity.

Matt Peckham said:
"Deceitful"? I didn't use the word to describe their actions, they did.

LOL. Pathetic. Seriously, he could just as well be sued and I believe that legally, it's quite a plausable thing to do in US, no?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Well, now I have read everything and must conclude that Matt is pathetic.
In fact he isn't worth taking notice of. As far as I am concerned he crawled back into the hole he came from.
Bye Bye, may you never bother anybody with your lack of character and spiteful hatemongering again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom