Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How to put a VR headset on?

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
When I started using the quest 2, I had issues using it with glasses on.
But now it's easy as butter to put it on and off as I learned a better technique to do it.
I use the extender that came with the Quest 2 and no special accessories.

Here is my technique:

What is your technique to put a headset on?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Buy a kiwi strap and you won't need any "technique".

Have you ever heard about the bobovr m1 pro? I'm thinking about getting it instead.

It's about the same price as that one but comes with a magnetic battery pack that allegedly makes it last around 3h longer.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Buy a kiwi strap and you won't need any "technique".

Have you ever heard about the bobovr m1 pro? I'm thinking about getting it instead.

It's about the same price as that one but comes with a magnetic battery pack that allegedly makes it last around 3h longer.

I bought its predecessor and disliked it. Halo straps dont secure the headset tight enough to your face which causes it to wiggle during fast movement and it also reduces fov since it increases distance between the lenses and your eye.

I recommend the Kiwi strap + vrcover facial interface. Its very comfortable and sits tight on your head. I panzertaped a regular powerbank to the back of the strap and bought a 0.3m usb-c cable to connect it. Works perfectly.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Technique? Once you have it adjusted well for your size all you have to do is put the thing on.

You shouldn't need a "technique" unless you are sharing your headset and always having to readjust, which you shouldn't be doing.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I heard it's very likely you'll scratch both your glasses and VR lenses when using both. I got prescription lenses for my Quest, never looked back.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Well I got this headset for free though. And I don't think it scratch so easily, but mayber. Let me check if there is any scratch.
There doesn't actually seem to be any scratch.
On the other hand, I am a person that spill a cup of coffee once every few years... so I dunno.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Just buy the amvr glasses spacer. Its a pair of plastic rings you put around your Quest2 lenses to keep a distance between glasses and lenses. They have a soft rubber surface for your glasses so they dont scratch themselves.

It honestly should have come with the purchase but so does the vrcover facial interface and a good headstrap. I wont complain though as i spent 300 bucks for a great wireless pcvr+standalone headset.

I heard the Pico4 has huge issues btw with mura(essentially blue light bleed into dark areas, uneven lighting of the screen so the visuals look "dirty", image distortion (i observed this exact same issue on the Pico3Link which made me return the headset), battery life because for some reason the xr2 chip always runs on full power and plenty of other shit. None of it was mentioned by all those youtube shills who hyped up the headset.

Quest Pro is just too expensive. I've heard good things about foveated rendering on standalone Red Matter 2 though. Lets see if Quest3 will get the same feature (current leaks point to no eye and face tracking)

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Just buy the amvr glasses spacer. Its a pair of plastic rings you put around your Quest2 lenses to keep a distance between glasses and lenses. They have a soft rubber surface for your glasses so they dont scratch themselves.

It honestly should have come with the purchase but so does the vrcover facial interface and a good headstrap. I wont complain though as i spent 300 bucks for a great wireless pcvr+standalone headset.

I heard the Pico4 has huge issues btw with mura(essentially blue light bleed into dark areas, uneven lighting of the screen so the visuals look "dirty", image distortion (i observed this exact same issue on the Pico3Link which made me return the headset), battery life because for some reason the xr2 chip always runs on full power and plenty of other shit. None of it was mentioned by all those youtube shills who hyped up the headset.

Quest Pro is just too expensive. I've heard good things about foveated rendering on standalone Red Matter 2 though. Lets see if Quest3 will get the same feature (current leaks point to no eye and face tracking)
I think I have those but they looked annoying, like they would fall every time.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Does it feel heavy on your face with all the weight at the front like that?
Not really, but I have a strong neck.
The only thing that makes it painful, is only if I play long hours, and then it might start to hurt on the face's skin.
Like the skin is not breathing or something.
Usually people who wear those, have like pink on their face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom