Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How Will WOTC New Approach to Races Effect the Future CRPG?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lets imagine for a moment a nation part of D&D verse(any setting) where the modern left values rules.
  • Taxes would be like 60%+ of everything.
  • To be an adventurer, you will gonna need to have a license for a license of a permit to delve into dungeons.
  • Every eqquipment found in dungeons would be heavily taxed and confiscated aka socialized.
  • All money taxed from successful magicians, blackmiths, adventurers and so on would be used to pay stupid stuff like polymorth spells for transgender people.
  • Orcs, kobolds and other species(that aren't related to IRL races)would have affirmative action programs, hence at least half of wizards would need to be orcs and the standard of what a archwizard needs to accomplishes would be lowered for this races.
  • Strong crossbow control.
  • Strong magic control, where spells like fireball are banned and only criminals and the state officials can use. Even state officials if they cast it outside of work are severely punished.
  • No local autonomy. A central bureaucracy will impose the same law across a continental country.
  • So many regulations that not even a ancient dragon who spend his entire life studing law would be able to know what is illegal and what isn't.
  • No nobility, no barbarian tribe leader or anything like that. Instead, democracy and only people who agree with then are allowed to run, others are punished by hate speeach.
  • (...)
That retarded ideology can make turn even a fantasy world into a nightmare.

Last edited:

Mauman

Learned
Lets imagine for a moment a nation part of D&D verse(any setting) where the modern left values rules.
  • To be an adventurer, you will gonna need to have a license for a license of a permit to delve into dungeons.
  • Every eqquipment found in dungeons would be heavily taxed and confiscated aka socialized.
  • All money taxed from successful magicians, blackmiths, adventurers and so on would be used to pay stupid stuff like polymorth spells for transgender people.
  • Orcs, kobolds and other species(that aren't related to IRL races)would have affirmative action programs, hence at least half of wizards would need to be orcs and the standard of what a archwizard needs to accomplishes would be lowered for this races.
  • Strong magic control, where spells like fireball are banned and only criminals and the state officials can use. Even state officials if they cast it outside of work are severely punished.
  • No local autonomy. A central bureaucracy will impose the same law across a continental country.
  • So many regulations that not even a ancient dragon who spend his entire life studing law would be able to know what is illegal and what isn't.
  • No nobility, no barbarian tribe leader or anything like that. Instead, democracy and only people who agree with then are allowed to run, others are punished by hate speeach.
  • (...)

A dystopian fantasy setting.....

An interesting concept.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
  • (...)

A dystopian fantasy setting.....

An interesting concept.

We already can live under that dystopia IRL(minus fantasy), no need to role play.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Varg talking about the SATANIC PANIC. Someone NEEDS to do a accurate MYFAROG CRPG adaptation, only to cause a massive butthurt in SJW and NEOCONS.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oh huzzah! WOKEOFTHECOAST has more shit for sale.

6MPPygi.jpg

tUnoin5.jpg

AMITuef.jpg

Jq2aMWH.jpg

Or the other set:
88VVv13.jpg

8W7F3El.jpg

G2MqZal.jpg

0ucxPQq.jpg

Gotta collect em all eh?
:keepmymoney::keepmymoney::keepmymoney:

Codex Year of the Donut

Varg talking about the SATANIC PANIC. Someone NEEDS to do a accurate MYFAROG CRPG adaptation, only to cause a massive butthurt in SJW and NEOCONS.

the more I look at modern tabletop RPGs, the more I'm forced to agree that the fundamentalists were right.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

the more I look at modern tabletop RPGs, the more I'm forced to agree that the fundamentalists were right.

Just look at "wizards" - demon-summoning men in dresses

Nothing stopping them from wearing military fatigues or uniforms. Hell,wear hobo rags but don't don that fucking robe (DRESS).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Just look at "wizards" - demon-summoning men in dresses

Wizards don't need to wear robes nor to study demonology. BTW, in some settings magic is always evil and risky.

MYFAROG? I think I heard of this. I know some sites don't like the author at all and say he's racist and a white supremacist. I have not flipping idea.

Nowadays even artificial intelligence is considered racist. MYFAROG is more like a low fantasy viking inspired RPG than anything else.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Forced to by the regime. But why indeed? Seems people just accept it. Funny, in goldbox I swear i had dual classed wearing full plate and using delayed blast fireballs and chain lightning as artillery.

BTW, is there a complete listing of MYFAROG products and editions. A parrot is squawking in my ear.:M

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wizards don't need to wear dresses
Then why they wear them?

being turned into dust by a guy wearing coat is one thing. But imagine being turned into dust by a dress wearing man. 1000 times more humiliating.

Jokes aside, magic in many fantasy novels is often associated with religion and there are religious reasons behind the use of robes. In other places, is due tradition of the covens.

Reinhardt

Arcane
being turned into dust by a guy wearing coat is one thing. But imagine being turned into dust by a dress wearing man. 1000 times more humiliating.
Now imagine wearing dress and being captured by some orkz.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Now imagine wearing dress and being captured by some orkz.

Then suicide... LOL. Anyway, about clothing for magic users, the Dark Souls 3 convergence mod cryomancer is a guy who uses animal "fur" and an Axe.

mondblut

Arcane

Mixture of new rules options!
Wealth of new rules options!
Wondrous friends and foes!

So basically they are churning out a hardcover equivalent of Dragon magazine once a year, each volume containing a kitchen sink of assorted random bullshit.

Can't someone cancel the critical roll crew with some made up rape accusations? I want this travesty to be over and out once Wankers of the Cocks can't sell their youtube props anymore.

Codex Year of the Donut
Supplement in 1992: 200 page book about a single class, tons of lore, introduces a dozen kits, equipment, etc.,

Supplement in 2022: here's some optional rules or something idk

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why isn’t there an emerging based alternative for the declining TTRPG? If there’s a demand, something must emerge to cater to it, isn’t this what capitalism is all about?

Trying to answer this question, I was thinking: what if this demand isn’t significant in any commercially meaningful extent? What if that supposed old guard aka veterans have long ago abandoned their hobby, while only a very small yet devoted part of them still care? So small in fact, that no serious business will consider them in their operations let alone risk irritating the woke twitter mob and media trying to cater to their needs. What if the old school is indeed irrelevant not by its qualities, but by its numbers?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Seems like plenty of new angles have been fabricated from traditional, bloat, dice games, card games, board games, puzzles, music, etc etc etc. If you dump the big companies you have indie or OSR and retroclones. Barring that, other gaming systems are available.

I believe HP bloat has been implemented after each edition. I'd have to look at 0D&D then everything after. Pretty sure it gets bloated like a maggot feeding on shit. I liked 1e, 2e, holmes, moldvay/cook, mentzer/RC AND even a smidgeon of 3e but after that it became so ridiculous. 5e is by far the wokest edition ever.

MiguelSerranoFan

Educated
"Just make your own multi-million dollar company and world renowned TTRPG IP, bro."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom