Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HTTPS for RPGCodex

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Browsers are being asses about http and cookies, can't "save my login" in Firefox unless I force the url to https in which case I'm already logged in lol. Eh fuck I'll just make a bookmark for "insecure https" forum url.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And other supremely illiberal thoughtcrimes. When the NWO secret police comes for you in the dead of night, you can thank DankUnderlord for being too lazy to implement a free and easy-to-implement SSL certificate.

You can post in a "Hitler did nothing wrong" thread. Just be on the good side and prove that yes, Hitler did some wrong things. Then you will be on the good side of the NWO.

This forum can be considered one of the tests that will be used to determine in the future what is wrong and what is right. I am quite happy to be one of the few liberals on the good side of History here. I will, however, have no compassion when you are all brought against the wall.

mewt

Novice
Taluntain is there any objective reason to not switching to HTTPS ?

Quite a few, it's not anywhere as easy or straightforward to properly implement on a site/forum which uses or includes a bunch of external script and image sources among other things. All of that would need to be addressed which likely won't be a fast or simple job around here. When DU gets around to it I want to do it on a smaller site similar enough to the Codex first so that we can work out most of the issues there beforehand and apply that to the Codex before throwing the switch here.
Any update on this?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Taluntain is there any objective reason to not switching to HTTPS ?

Quite a few, it's not anywhere as easy or straightforward to properly implement on a site/forum which uses or includes a bunch of external script and image sources among other things. All of that would need to be addressed which likely won't be a fast or simple job around here. When DU gets around to it I want to do it on a smaller site similar enough to the Codex first so that we can work out most of the issues there beforehand and apply that to the Codex before throwing the switch here.
Any update on this?
Seems Sorcerers Place is now HTTPS, so maybe that's the site he was talking about (he did mention doing upgrades to it a while back iirc, maybe this was one of them).

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Sorry to disappoint, but no, that's not it. We haven't implemented HTTPS anywhere yet.

Severian Silk

Gib me admin password. I fix it. (And also hand over everyone's personal info to reddit.)

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom