Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HUGE mods

I love tons of equipment, countless weapons, skills by the thousands... I want to shape my avatars up to the most minuscule detail, and I like numbers. Meaningful numbers, not pointless and superfluous "The Last Federation" or "Aurora" endless-stream-just-for-the-sake-of-it numbers.
But I already played most of if not all this genre of games has to offer so now all I have left appear to be mods.
Fall from Heaven 2, Caveman2Cosmos, Dune Wars for Civilization IV.
Prophesy of Pendor, Floris for Mount & Blade: Warband.
1.13 for Jagged Alliance 2.
Firestorm over Kronus for Dawn of War.
Several content mods for Fallout: New Vegas, Morrowind and Skyrim.
Tried them, enjoyed them, been there, done that.
I want more! I crave for mods which add hundreds of weapons/equipment/units/skills/whatever can widen the experience or morph it into a new one. Do you know any?
I want to have fun again.

No, Misery 2.0 is not fun.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is opposite mod series (to Misery) called Sigerous Mod (SGM), played in 1.6 and all I was doing was pimping my enormous weapons & armors collection. Easy with often Blowout (SGM combined with Atmosphear mod) and ingame bank account (7% grown everyday). Various SGM version and combination with other mods (like SGM Geonezis) give you different bunch of inventory.
SGM 3.0 Red October is still in production.

Today Steam showed new games from Apheiron (srsly, grab all 3 of them) - like 7, 62 High Calibre. It got equivalent of v1.13 for JA2, it's called Blue Sun Mod. More weapons, quests, content and everythin, it give you even mercenaries from Jagged Alliance.

DoW? Then how about some mods for Company of Heroes? Like Blitzkrieg that put in shame CoH2 with no sweat.
Or Eastern Front, Modern Combat.

There is mod for Doom 1/2 - Hideous Destructor where rules are changed and his creators said "it's strange so much that don't expect to finish the game".

Not sure if you're into emulation but there is various mods/fixes for some Final Fantasy Tactics.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The are some big (and good) mods for Operation Flashpoint too, like Abandonded Armies and Vietnam: The Experience.

Renegen

Arcane
Hmm I always wanted to play Star Wars: Empire at War. Is it really good with that mod?

I'll add the Wing Commander Saga for Freespace 2, haven't played it though.

DramaticPopcorn

Rise of the Mercenaries for Empire at War is better.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Hmm I always wanted to play Star Wars: Empire at War. Is it really good with that mod?

I'll add the Wing Commander Saga for Freespace 2, haven't played it though.

I wasted a lot of time on that mod, and the mod itself gives every faction lots of new stuff, but it gives the Empire so much cool EU shit. Also, Yuzzahn Vong are featured in the mod as a hard end game faction.

trolling aside, is this all "huge mods" has to offer? what a shame, i was expecting to discover a whole new gigantic world of opportunities, instead looks like i know everything there's to know already. sad.

thanks for the help though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom