Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Human Revolutions, new and improved!!

Morkar Left

I'm sure in the near future we will see lots of loading screens in our games :thumbsup:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Ads in a single player game... so why should anyone pay for this when the sponsors have already done so? I always joked WoW would do this at the dungeon loading screens (Molten Core brought to you by... Dr. Pepper!) but... funny enough... a single player game beat them to it.

Drakron

Arcane
Menckenstein said:
Glad they're in the loading screens instead of on billboards in the game.

Its a Star Wars Blu-Ray ad.

Are you still glad?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I didn't notice any updates to the game... when did this happen?

SoupNazi

I tried giving a shit, really hard, but I just couldn't.

Deleted member 7219

Just booted up the game after updating, no ads. My HUD was fucked up though. I restarted, HUD was fixed, still no ads. I think the ads are probably US only. Fair is fair... the US gets everything first, least they could do is put up with the occasional ad.

Multi-headed Cow

I'm in the US and I'm not getting ads. Then again I bought through Greenman Gaming, so I suppose that might be why.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shouldn't make a difference since they just sold you a key.

Multi-headed Cow

Game just patched for me, fired it up and tried again, didn't get an ad.

Though I just looked at http://www.pixelitis.net/news/stars-war ... my-deus-ex that link which was posted in the other Human Revolution thread, and it mentions it doesn't show up in all the loading screens. Most of the loading screens are the "Story recap" ones, which apparently don't have ads. I guess if you start a new game or something, that screen will/might have an ad.

Just launched the game YET AGAIN to try this, and starting a new game gave me the exact loading screen that one of the screenshots of the ads had (Shirtless Jensen smoking and drinking) but I didn't get the ad.

Edit: Although I swear the performance is worse for me after the patch. Seems like the mouse smoothing is stronger or something. Don't recall it being this bad before, and I could swear it ran better when I was checking shit out earlier in the day before I got patched.

lefthandblack

Arcane
That's what you get when you voluntarily become a Valve's bitch. I can't wait until they start charging a monthly subscription in order for you to maintain access to all of the games that you've already paid for.

fuck%20steam.png

Deleted member 7219

lefthandblack said:
That's what you get when you voluntarily become a Valve's bitch. I can't wait until they start charging a monthly subscription in order for you to maintain access to all of the games that you've already paid for.

fuck%20steam.png

You are a fucking moron. The ads have nothing to do with Steam and everything to do with Square Enix/Eidos Montreal.

lefthandblack

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
You are a fucking moron. The ads have nothing to do with Steam and everything to do with Square Enix/Eidos Montreal.

Hey, I admit that I know jack shit about that game. But it seems like it's being tied to a mandatory distribution system might have had something to do with ad's being put into it that were not there previously though.

Deleted member 7219

lefthandblack said:
Matt7895 said:

Hey, I admit that I know jack shit about that game. But it seems like it's being tied to a mandatory distribution system might have had something to do with ad's being put into it that were not there previously though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)

I'm sick of the anti-Steam bullshit to be honest. There's nothing in Steam or Steamworks about advertising in games. If it was a Valve initiative don't you think they would have done it in Portal 2 or Team Fortress 2, their most recent games? Why haven't other Steamworks games gone the advertising route too? Space Marine's just come out, no adverts there and unlike Deus Ex that has online multiplayer for them to support. No, the greed here is from Square Enix.

I get pissed off when people try to make out Valve are greedy. Yeah, they've done a lout of douchey things lately and they keep getting douchier (L4D2, DOTA, fucking hats but no new Half-Life game), but don't blame them for something some other publisher has done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom