Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HUMANKIND - Amplitude's historical turn-based strategy

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://humankind.game

ss_8917cb86fa0812cf54038183eda3c1fba0b69334.jpg

ss_f181d2d90b5bc38c5d58d1279603dbd53175ebb3.jpg

Or Civ competitor. "Amplitude Studios' magnum opus", they say.

HOW FAR WILL YOU PUSH HUMANKIND?
HUMANKIND is Amplitude Studios' magnum opus, a Historical Turn-Based Strategy game where YOU will re-write the entire narrative of humankind – a convergence of culture, history, and values that allows you to create a civilization that is as unique as you are.

One Million Civilizations
HMKD_GIF_1.gif

Create your own civilization by combining 60 historical cultures from the Bronze to the Modern Age.
Begin as Ancient Egypt, then evolve into the Romans, the Khmers, or perhaps the Vikings.
Each culture brings its own special gameplay layer, leading to near-endless outcomes.

What civilization will you shape?

In the Eyes of Posterity
HMKD_GIF_2.gif

The journey matters more than destination. Fame is a new and unifying victory condition.
Every great deed you accomplish, every moral choice you make, every battle won will build your fame and leave a lasting impact on the world. The player with the most fame will win the game.

Will you be the one to leave the deepest mark on the world?

More than History, it is your Story
HMKD_GIF_3.gif

Face historical events, lead renowned figures of humankind, and make scientific breakthroughs.
Discover the natural wonders of the world or build the most remarkable creations of humankind.
Each game element is historically authentic. Combine them to build your own vision of the world.

How will you Change the Course of HUMANKIND?

A Tactical World
HMKD_GIF_4.gif

Show off your tactical skills by mastering terrain elevation with city-building and full tactical battles.
Keep one step ahead of other civilizations through trade and subtle diplomacy.
Call upon your allies to transform an epic battle into a full-scale eight-player world war!

What strategy will you mastermind?

These are just some of the amazing things you will be able to do in HUMANKIND.
More to be revealed soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the visuals, but Amplitude is not Firaxis. I wonder what they could do with their take on storytelling in 4X.

passerby

Arcane
Looks like a reskin of Endless Legend. 1UPT + tactical combat on a strategic map = pass. Also, neverending stream of expensive DLCs incoming.

I wonder if we will ever get a proper civ like game again.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Normally, I would be pretty excited. Seeing that it looks like nu-civ, only not made by 11 year olds - I'm not.

Would prefer EL2 or even DotE2 tbh.

Citizen

Normally, I would be pretty excited. Seeing that it looks like nu-civ, only not made by 11 year olds - I'm not.

Why do you bros think it's going to be like civ5 and not another EL in civ's pseudohistorical setting? Am I missing some gameplay trailer?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I was talking about the graphics, but it's not like the way units and cities are presented isn't a big spoiler.

There's gonna be some positive twists of course, amplitude are not shit-tier like nu-firaxis. One of the screenshots suggests there's gonna be some sort of slightly more intricate battle system for example.

Still, the audience they are aiming for is obvious and I would prefer EL2 anyways.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Why do you bros think it's going to be like civ5 and not another EL in civ's pseudohistorical setting? Am I missing some gameplay trailer?

First screenshot already suggests 1UPT/limited unit per tile cancer.

Citizen

But this looks exactly like EL battle, just without most of the UI? The same battlefield placed on a global map where action takes place in phases (1/3 under the "battle" popup)? For cities its harder to tell, but it still looks similar to EL ones, there's a central district surrounded by exploitations and unique buildings (pyramids and a castle-looking thing left of the mountain). I just hope they stick to EL citiy management and don't go for civ's/smac's autistic tile micromanagement hell

Citizen

Bros it looks exactly like EL, what the fuck you talking bout. Dont ruin my hopes so early

Tripleposting but whatever

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They certainly fail to indicate what do they have to offer that Civ doesn't already. Initial impressions are "Civ clone" and that's not good.

PrettyDeadman

What are similarities between this and Civilization exactly? The fact that it is 4x and features real-world based factions?
The only thing I can tell by looking at the sreens is that combat system will be entirely different.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
How can you tell that? I see 1UPT, I see cities that expand with districts, I see similarities in the artstyle.
I don't see anything new in particular

Citizen

How can you tell that? I see 1UPT, I see cities that expand with districts, I see similarities in the artstyle.

Goddam, this looks like 1 in 1 EL clone, not civ clone. Its not 1UPT, it's a battle that looks exactly like a EL one. See screenshots above. The city also looks like a EL city, not civ. There's a central district/palace surrounded by identical simple districts and unique buildings that occupy a world map tile just like in EL, as opposed to civ where city cells have different purposes (irrigations, mines, etc) and are built by player manually

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Well, maybe? Although Civ6 certainly borrowed a lot of elements from EL anyway. Still the point remains, I don't see it bringing anything fresh on the table

PrettyDeadman

First of all you are completely wrong.
1) Combat system works identical to el. In el you had all units stacked in blob in exploration mode, but unstacked in battle mode (nothing like that was in any of civ games).
2) You can build new city district as a building project in city if certain conditions are met, but not using builders. It was like that in EL and its not really like civ6, and if it was - civ6 used mechanics of EL, not the other way around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom