Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HUMANKIND - Amplitude's historical turn-based strategy

flyingjohn

Arcane
Now you too can play the same game on the same map but this time with 5 extra turns.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Goes well so far
E5CV7OcXwAEy86j

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Lol, that's almost "Pillars of Eternity 2 narrator" tier voice acting. This thing also seems to have really bland and uninspired art, which is an unpleasant surprise after the Endless games.

The only thing keeping me vaguely interested is that I can choose who I want for the AI leaders and I'm bemused by making a Kang Vlad the Impaler who invented Kwanza and fried chicken.

Mazisky

Magister
Lol, that's almost "Pillars of Eternity 2 narrator" tier voice acting. This thing also seems to have really bland and uninspired art, which is an unpleasant surprise after the Endless games.

At least she has a british accent and not a stupid annoying californian one

spectre

Arcane
After seeing that "Lucy" trailer, I don't really know anymore. It's so close to self-parody, I can't say if they're being serious.

HOWEVER, there's one thing you esteemed homosexuals are not seeing. If it is possible for a blue-haired negress to sobdue the roman empire and force them to adopt a vegetarian diet,
what follows it should be theoretically within the realm of gameplay for the opposite to happen. You look at that screen with tanned braidy-haired leaders with traits like "compassionate" "cautious", etc.
What's your knee-jerk reaction as a fucking strategy game player, well familiar with the smell of napalm and gunpowder?
Mhmmmm VICTIMS!

Who knows maybe one could even subdue a tribe of [[redacted]] and force them to eat pork?

That said, having seen some some gameplay vids (haven't had the time to see them all the way through), I'm seeing some retarded shit, like half a tribe being wiped out hunting a fucking deer?
That's some limp-wristed civisoyzation if you ask me.

lightbane

Arcane
That said, having seen some some gameplay vids (haven't had the time to see them all the way through), I'm seeing some retarded shit, like half a tribe being wiped out hunting a fucking deer?
That's some limp-wristed civisoyzation if you ask me.
. If it is possible for a blue-haired negress to sobdue the roman empire and force them to adopt a vegetarian diet,
It seems to check out.
Also, in before you're forced to play as trannies and not normal human people, as well as preventing you from playing as blonde people, just like HBS did.

spectre

Arcane
Also, in before you're forced to play as trannies and not normal human people, as well as preventing you from playing as blonde people, just like HBS did.
Fair point about no blonde people (where's muh representation :argh:) I think the closest one I've seen was a Vlad, but that wasn't nearly close to blonde.

Still, I was under the impression that you can customize these mugs to some degree, if not add your a whole custom mesh for it.
I've seen some dev streaming had characters that resembled them (and seeing that actually answers quite a few questions).
Hmkd-vc-opdv-1a-1-750x422.jpg

So what do have here? Where to buy drugs in your local area. Wanna try your luck with the ese, or the constipated indian? I think you're in for a nasty surprise with Isabella.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Here you have a strategy game trying to model the development of a civilization - a process notoriously harsh, merciless, oftentimes brutal, with entire nations or even ethnicities being regularly wiped out by the stronger alpha dog.

And what's the aesthetic gravy coming with the numbers meat in this game? Everything is cheery and bouncy as a TikTok influencer, the music is straight out of Sims: The Lollipop Land and the leaders radiate the authority and gravitas of Jar Jar Binks. Yes, if I was a member of an ancient culture I would totally follow that bubbly ingenue from that Frankie Ward trailer into the mouth of hell. Kings and emperors would fall before her very glare.

I guess if you're one of those people who don't care about anything else but the bare mechanics in their strategy games go wild and enjoy this wet puerile goop. But don't forget to talk to your doctor about a possible testosterone replacement therapy afterwards.

Mazisky

Magister
It still looks better than Endless Legend, at least here the envinronments are cool and clear, not a blob mess of random cubes

Mazisky

Magister
It feel weird to see they've put in ZULUs as an industrial era culture with its unique unit "village man with spear" along other cultures of the same era with gunpowder.

Wasn't better to put them in earlier eras?

oscar

Arcane
Persians as an Industrial culture is a bit odd too. And no Arabs anywhere?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom